• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Ross61

That is an amazing image.

If I was in charge, you'd never see Hal Goddamn Jordan in a film ever and Martian Manhunter would be a thing.

Good choice, but let's be goddamn honest: with Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale, and Affleck all doing fine as Batman, the only real requirement is "fit white dude".
I disagree with the Batman statement. I fee like some performed better than others regarding different aspects of Batman.

Also I'm still in the camp of Affleck not leaving.

I disagree with the Batman statement. I fee like some performed better than others regarding different aspects of Batman.

Also I'm still in the camp of Affleck not leaving.

I agree some did better than others in different aspects, but there was no one who you can point to and say, "Nah, he didn't work at all." Clooney was in a shitty film, but he was fine as Batman and great as Bruce Wayne. Kilmer is the least Bruce Wayne, but in costume, he was decent.

J_Viper

Being six feet or over and having a great jaw and chin are also mandatory

That's why Ben is the only actor to ever look good in a mask. His jaw + chin combo was on point.

Ninjimbo

I agree some did better than others in different aspects, but there was no one who you can point to and say, "Nah, he didn't work at all." Clooney was in a shitty film, but he was fine as Batman and great as Bruce Wayne. Kilmer is the least Bruce Wayne, but in costume, he was decent.
Clooney and Kilmer were both bad dude. Keaton wasn't very good either. Too weird and strange. The only guy who got Batman and Bruce right is Ben. Bale nailed Bruce but his Batman was as goofy as Bane's voice.

Busty

Banned
Paramount just put the Bumblebee movie on the same date as Aquaman. Fish vs robots.

There's no way WB swerves off that date given the perceived weakness in the Transformers franchise and this is a spin-off no less.

Unless this is serving as the cornerstone of a huge merchandise push for Xmas I bet this gets moved to spring 2019.

MisterHero

I hope they don't go with a younger Bats, I like cranky old Bruce just fine. Age would set more limits for him in contrast to the godly metahumans he fights alongside. He's human, let him be.

Clooney and Kilmer were both bad dude. Keaton wasn't very good either. Too weird and strange. The only guy who got Batman and Bruce right is Ben. Bale nailed Bruce but his Batman was as goofy as Bane's voice.

Folks still put Keaton at the top of the list of Batmen. (three links there.) My personal thought is people conflate the movies with the actor leading them, much like Spider-Man. Clooney has one of the better Bruce Waynes in my opinion, though I think Affleck has a shot as best Batman.

Ninjimbo

Folks still put Keaton at the top of the list of Batmen. (three links there.) My personal thought is people conflate the movies with the actor leading them, much like Spider-Man. Clooney has one of the better Bruce Waynes in my opinion, though I think Affleck has a shot as best Batman.
Keaton is kind of a joke these days. You watch the Burton Batman films now and he can't fight. He can't move. He's going bald and he sleeps upside down. Doesn't matter what people say. I'll just peg it to nostalgia taking over people's minds and coloring their perspectives.

I love Returns because it's a weird and funky film with awesome performances but it's hardly what I would call quintessential Batman. Of course I know this all subjective and basically falls under "Not muh Batman", but the coolest versions of the character always existed in the comics and cartoons until Snyder showed us Batfleck. Those other movies have bizarro versions of the character.

ryan299

There's no way WB swerves off that date given the perceived weakness in the Transformers franchise and this is a spin-off no less.

Unless this is serving as the cornerstone of a huge merchandise push for Xmas I bet this gets moved to spring 2019.

Yeah I think they'll move. Just no idea why they'd move it to that date knowing Aquaman is there and Transformers is very weak.

Yeah I think they'll move. Just no idea why they'd move it to that date knowing Aquaman is there and Transformers is very weak.

Considering how Paramount has been run the past year or two, they probably didn't even know Aquaman moved from November to December. I don't think anyone has a clue over there right now.

Wild Card pick for the new Wayne

1544px-Alexander_Skarsgard_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

disgusting post

Haven't been here since WW dropped

Anyway is affleck leaving or not?

No clue. THR report says it's coming down the pipeline after The Batman ends Affleck's three picture contract. Take it like any other report. Could be true, could be not. Given the outlet, they likely have a good sources, but it's Hollywood and shit changes.

Justice League merchandise should start popping up in stores today.

I got all the figures I wanted early last week, so I'm not sure if I'm getting anything else yet.

Top Bottom