• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Neophant

I think Suicide Squad worked because it had really diverse and charismatic cast with an incredibly successful marketing campaign and music/merchandise/social media tie-ins. I think it's also safe to say that it wasn't really targeted towards the average NeoGAF poster, but I have seen people I know profess their love for the movie even above a lot of the typical comic book movie opinion.

J_Viper

r3BGzoG.jpg

Wayne?

He is a bit too small for my likings and I think he is better suited for a villain role. Well, doubt he'll join a cbm franchise any time soon though.

I would have taken Fassbender as Wayne.

Really? I think he could have done it with the right script/directing

Nah. The man is such a boring actor tbh. Hopefully Mission Impossible finally gets something out of him. And gal would have been a bad furiosa too, not a knock on her though, I liked her Diana. But she wouldn't have had the edge required for the role or have been able to sell a rivalry/partnership role with Hardys Max

I could see her being the pregnant wife (played by that lady from transformers 3) in the movie. Definitely not furiosa

Really? I think he could have done it with the right script/directing

He comes off as too earnest and nice to me. I think it's why he's good casting as Superman, when he's able to show that side, but it's hard to see him have a hard edge as Batman. It's why the calls for Cavill to be Bond don't work for me either. He's be more Roger Moore than anyone else.

And for Gal, I guess in Fast and Furious 4 she was stern/cold as Gisele, but they changed her attitude in Fast 5 and 6. Speaking of which, Sung Kang needs to join the Wonder Woman 2 cast.

ReiGun

Suicide Squad is a bad movie, but it's bad in ways the general audience either doesn't notice as much or doesn't really care all that much about, like poor editing. And that's not a knock on general audiences or their tastes/judgement. But rather, like Neophant said, the average man on the street consumes media very differently than your average neogaf poster (or the like) who watches a shit ton of media and watches much of it for the express purpose of criticizing it (even if they won't say that's what they're doing).

For starters, Suicide Squad didn't even try to be smart. Everytime you were supposed to think about what the fuck is happening on screen it pops up a pop song or some one liner.

It's an ass movie, but BvS, I suppose, is harder to watch because it is so freaking pretentious and not subtle with all the religious influences. Snyder, Terrio or whoever think of themselves to be pretty smart, but you are not.

J_Viper

Does that look like Wayne?
look I'm just trying to cope with ben leaving alright

He is a bit too small for my likings and I think he is better suited for a villain role. Well, doubt he'll join a cbm franchise any time soon though.

I would have taken Fassbender as Wayne.

He was pretty jacked in Prince of Persia

Speaking of which, Sung Kang needs to join the Wonder Woman 2 cast.
Han didn't die

He swam to Themyscira
It's an ass movie, but BvS, I suppose, is harder to watch because it is so freaking pretentious and not subtle with all the religious influences. Snyder, Terrio or whoever think of themselves to be pretty smart, but you are not.

I thought the religious metaphors were pretty subtle. I was reading through the bible, and I've noticed a few passages that clearly influenced the script.

An example

*Jesus and Judas walk through the market as Mary Magdalene walks past them*

Jesus: Is she with you?
Judas: I thought she was with you?

I stood up and applauded

Penguin

I know we had a thread on Wonder Woman, but JL's marketing seems pretty subdued for something out in just about 2 months as well.

Part of me is willing to believe in their strategy. Similarly I'm finding Star Wars 8 promotions to be quiet at this period, where it felt like 7 went hard on advertising for months.

At the same time, Wonder Woman's immense success was in its legs at the box office. Not that the opening was anything to scoff at.

We'll see.

Margot Robbie says she thinks she'll be filming something as Harley next year. She doesn't know which if the three or so movies it'll be for. Leto was also asked recently and was similarly confused.

Penguin

Margot Robbie says she thinks she'll be filming something as Harley next year. She doesn't know which if the three or so movies it'll be for. Leto was also asked recently and was similarly confused.

Well it's Suicide squad

But honestly she doesn't need to know which, she knows will be needed to film. She knows the character,

That channel also uploaded the Etta's Mission Epilogue. It's pretty good. Too long to be a post-credits stinger, but along the lines of those one shot Marvel Studios used to add on blu-ray. I think they stopped since the Iron Man 3 All Hail the King epilogue.

To step aside from the heresy above, I really am hoping Justice League carved out a good bit of time for Clark, Lois, and Ma Kent. It's essentially the culmination of Superman's arc since Man of Steel, despite being a huge Justice League team film.

It's a shame Laurence Fishburne couldn't film anything, that we know of. Hoping we see Harry Lennix show up, though.

Ross61

To step aside from the heresy above, I really am hoping Justice League carved out a good bit of time for Clark, Lois, and Ma Kent. It's essentially the culmination of Superman's arc since Man of Steel, despite being a huge Justice League team film.

It's a shame Laurence Fishburne couldn't film anything, that we know of. Hoping we see Harry Lennix show up, though.
It's nice to want things

You will get Pa Kent telling Superman to not go back and enjoy the afterlife.

Top Bottom