• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Audience cam from the Justice League test screening,

v5hI1Tr.gif

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
What's everybody's thoughts on whether Henry Cavil will wear the original Superman outfit?

I can imagine Whedon using the reshoots to make the movie start off as a dark elseworld story, then at the end have Flash change everything and make it closer to the justice league we know. Which includes original outfit superman, god I want it so badly.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
What's everybody's thoughts on whether Henry Cavil will wear the original Superman outfit?

I can imagine Whedon using the reshoots to make the movie start off as a dark elseworld story, then at the end have Flash change everything and make it closer to the justice league we know. Which includes original outfit superman, god I want it so badly.
Wha? Like the Reeves costume? Or the MoS outfit with the red trunks? I don't see any of that happening. He's gonna come back looking like he does in the promo materials.

Neophant

If it is, it will be like March 2020 at the latest.

I was thinking February 2020 (where a DCEU movie already has a placeholder) would be a good spot for Wonder Woman 2. It can be cross-marketed as a romantic option that both the ladies and gentlemen would enjoy going to. Hopefully though, it means another movie could be pushed forward to a 2019 spot (hopefully clear from the new Episode IX date).

Darren Aronofsky talking about his Batman Year One movie (pre-Nolan) and elseworlds projects,

Q: Yes, same here. So I want to ask about this – whenever you are brought up, there's always a discussion about your involvement with Batman. You once expressed interest and everyone now says "oh, I would have loved to see Darren's version." Or even, "Darren's version would have been too dark for the studio." Do you still feel that way?

Darren: You know what, I think it's finally… I think we were basically – whatever it is – 15 years too early. Because I hear the way they’re talking about the Joker movie and that's exactly – that was my pitch. I was like: we're going to shoot in East Detroit and East New York. We're not building Gotham. The Batmobile – I wanted to be a Lincoln Continental with two bus engines in it.

Q: Seriously?

Darren: Yeah, with two bus engines, all duct taped together. It was the duct tape MacGyver Batman. And some of my ideas got out there through other films. Like the ring with "BW", Bruce Wayne's ring making the scar was our idea and I think that was in Zack's or something. Which is fine, you write these ideas and they get out. We were all about reinventing it and trying to make it more Taxi Driver visceral. That was the whole pitch. But the toy people were like, "oh it can't be a Lincoln Continental, you have to make a Batmobile."

And I think with Chris [Nolan's] work, which was great, it was just - he hit it [out of the park]. He was able to get the darkness in, and the psychology of the character, yet he was still able to give the gizmo thing, which I wasn't ever really interested in. So, I think that's the back story. I think we were ahead of our time. And I was always like; why can't we make a more lower-budget rated-R [movie], just like in comics you have different brands but and now they're finally doing that. They're doing the spinoffs, which is great. This is an exciting time because they'll be able to take more risks and we won't be seeing the same superhero movie over and over again. You'll get things like Deadpool, which was a relief as compared to seeing the same film over and over again.

Penguin

Let's hope this is the beginning of the well being broken

also I like that Barry is hyper inactive why has so much things going on

Some oberservations

1)Barry is a scientist in this :p

2) He is watching an episode of Rick and Morty

3) He has worked on cold resistance for his suit

4) He is working on his suit and trying to keep it slim (No thickness increase)

5)Not sure the significance of the bird

Top Bottom