• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Penguin

I think DCEU blogger culture is getting bored... probably antsy nothing about JL being a trainwreck is out there yet....

DJtdcVZU8AAwwzM.jpg

DJtddRBU8AA7uqA.jpg

Eh Maybe is Nostradamus next to BoF.

and re: Barry Allen pic. Who knows how much time they spend in that room, but there's something neat about Bruce seeing some kid building himself a super suit and Flashcave, not unlike he did twenty years ago.

It's also funny how X-Men DoFP, Civil War, and Justice League all have variations on a similar scene of the oldest hero recruiting a powerful young hero. Where Tony Stark gets into some banter with Peter Parker, Bruce loses his patience and throws a Batarang at Barry. And in DoFP Logan is frustrated but has to keep himself composed for the time travel to hold.

Ezra Miller is already apologizing for Justice League,

http://ew.com/movies/2017/09/14/ezra-miller-justice-league-flash-fans-apology/ said:
I can confirm, spoiler alert, his suit does not pop out of his ring [in the movie]. Things have to progress, you know? Original Barry Allen was clearly an incredibly, incredibly clever scientist. We acknowledge and respect that. We want to apologize to the fans who are mad about the ring thing. I know the ring is the coolest thing about the DC universe. It was a little hard for us to sell in this version of this universe right now. Bear with us! There’s gonna be other cool things.

You know, I bought Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad a few months ago on Blu-ray during a sale at Target, but never watched them (on Blu-ray, I mean, I watched both a few times before). I just popped in Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition for a moment to see how it looked and sounded on Blu-ray, and holy shit...it looks and sounds phenomenal. I think I might just watch the whole thing soon after I eat dinner in a moment.

Wonder Woman is out on Tuesday, and I can't wait to pick that up and watch it again. I think I might pick up the Target exclusive digibook version.

Here's some reviews I posted of the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray, and 3D Blu-ray versions of Wonder Woman in my 4K UHD/Blu-ray/DVD thread:
4K and Blu-ray: http://www.avsforum.com/wonder-woman-ultra-hd-review/
3D version:http://www.avsforum.com/wonder-woman-3d-blu-ray-review/

It sounds like every release is really great. Can't wait! I haven't watched it since opening night, in IMAX 3D. I've been dying to watch it again, but I was waiting for the Blu-ray. It's so close! Hopefully there aren't any delays with shipments here since hurricane Irma just hit us earlier this week here in Florida.

J_Viper

I'm thinking of grabbing the 4K BvS despite already owning the steelbook since it's on sale at Best Buy. I'm sure it'll look incredible.

I ordered the 4K steelbook of Wonder Woman, despite it the cover art. Now I need to get something to play 4K blu-rays...

Did the same

I took a look at the standard 4k box art and it's just as bad as the steelbook, so I might as well buy the limited edition version

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Wha? Like the Reeves costume? Or the MoS outfit with the red trunks? I don't see any of that happening. He's gonna come back looking like he does in the promo materials.

MoS outfit? Hell nah. That's not what I am talking about.
I'm talking about this:

Henry Cavill in JUSTICE LEAGUE should have this outfit on by the end. RESET this whole dark universe shit. They know what we want. We want THIS outfit. Not that Unreal Engine shit.

IconGrist

That's neat. Have they ever done it with a bat signal? I know they've shined it on buildings before, like to pay respects to Adam West.

lol This right here is my problem with Batman.

"Oh that's cool, have they done Batman!?"

Yea, probably. It's fucking Batman. Son of a bitch gets like 4 movies a year. What have they not done with Batman at this point?

Henry Cavill in JUSTICE LEAGUE should have this outfit on by the end. RESET this whole dark universe shit. They know what we want. We want THIS outfit. Not that Unreal Engine shit.

You want this outfit. MoS outfit greatest of all time.

SJRB

Gold Member
Please tell me there aren't people out there who are actually "upset" that Flash's suit doesn't pop out a magical ring.

lol This right here is my problem with Batman.

"Oh that's cool, have they done Batman!?"

Yea, probably. It's fucking Batman. Son of a bitch gets like 4 movies a year. What have they not done with Batman at this point?

If there's ever a time to bring up Batman, it's when there's a giant character logo illuminated in the sky!

As a kid I wondered if a bat signal could work in real life.

Yager

Banned

Who are "we"? Because I think most people in here disagree. The MoS/BvS suits are much better than that. And why do you want them to "reset"?

Seeing the trailer again, I really like this exchange between Alfred and Bruce,

"I don't recognize this world."
"We don't have to recognize it. We just have to save it."

And how it shows Bruce's changed perspective from BvS, with his "the world only makes sense if you force it to" attitude.

All in all I'm happy Terrio is working on Star Wars 9. For every argofuckyouself, there are a number of other great lines.

Bleepey

Eh Maybe is Nostradamus next to BoF.

and re: Barry Allen pic. Who knows how much time they spend in that room, but there's something neat about Bruce seeing some kid building himself a super suit and Flashcave, not unlike he did twenty years ago.

It's also funny how X-Men DoFP, Civil War, and Justice League all have variations on a similar scene of the oldest hero recruiting a powerful young hero. Where Tony Stark gets into some banter with Peter Parker, Bruce loses his patience and throws a Batarang at Barry. And in DoFP Logan is frustrated but has to keep himself composed for the time travel to hold.

I personally find it amusing that Tony Stark when confronted with the fact super powered beings took down buildings and lead to a young man in the prime of his life losing his life, his idea is to find a even younger man and have him get beaten up by super-powered beings. Doesn't even offer him a Iron Man suit. At least Bruce Wayne recruits multiple super-powered beings in a non shoe-horned way.

Reeve's suit looks borderline cosplay at this point with that kind of fabric.

The only change I would do to the MoS suit would be maybe give him a red belt or something to break all that blue.

And no red trunks please.

Penguin

Next year is gonna be insufferable

Either JL is super and we spend all year not talking about nothing since Aquaman isn't the end of the year

Or JL is a mess and we spend all year talking about how much of a mess it is because Aquaman isn't until the end of the year

:(

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing too special here, but a small interview with Ben and Gal

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...ust-see-flicks-w502612/justice-league-w502615

Us Weekly: How have your characters changed since we last saw them?

Gal Gadot: She's grown up — it's been a century, after all! She'll bring her specific qualities to a group dynamic, and she understands the enemy better than anyone else.

Ben Affleck: In Batman v Superman, he was at the end of his rope. But in Justice League he's finding hope again. He has to open up and play well with others. He knows he needs them.

Us: Ben, does Batman struggle to fit in?

BA: He's sort of the ultimate loner, but he's really trying to make it work and develop a good relationship with all of them. He might be a mentor to The Flash.

Us: What's the dynamic between Batman and Wonder Woman?

GG: Since they've fought together, they know each other's strengths. They also understand the hope Superman stood for, that was lost [when he died], so they feel that more than the others.

Us: Physically, how did you prep?

BA: It's all about paying attention to what you eat, lifting weights, cardio sessions. The batsuit is really form-fitting, so you have to prepare!

Also... I so want this

0b6nm2u8l8mz.jpg

Top Bottom