• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktor

Lemire's run was a case of the art elevating the book. The story was just alright, but coupled with Sorrentino's art...[
The plotting was alright, but the best thing Lemire did was worldbulding. He gave Green Arrow actually mythology, with the whole Outsiders War, as well as couple great villains (even if leaders of the clans didn't get explored properly). Lack of mythology and few great villains were always serious problem for Green Arrow.
The run itself, taken alone, was good, even if cut short. But what's most important is that good writers will be able to use that run as a foundation for years of great Green Arrow stories. This is Lemire's greatest contribution to GA, not the actual story he told.

Dalek

Other Barry didn't let him because he knew bad shit would happen. He's Barry from the future. He knows some shit.

tumblr_m5jic34p151qchsjmo1_500.jpg

Yup. I need Richard Dragon on this show too. And the Longbow Hunters.

Of course, they'd become a jobbers in this universe. But that first time when they wreck Oliver's shit would be glorious.

Which Richard Dragon?

This guy:
626341-richard_dragon.jpg

Or this guy:
3345199-ga_cv24_2vomuezq2z_.jpg

Richard Dragon is another odd holdover from that era of blatantly wanting to do a kung-fu comic, but not wanting to star Asian people. Like the original Kung-Fu turned to 10.

ReiGun

I was thinking of the second one. Though, yeah I am confused why he's still white (I think he's white, at least). He's not even a big enough character that anyone would care if you changed him. Most don't even know he exists.

Wiktor

They should just bring in Karate Kid. Dude would propably be able to just punch out that black hole out of existence :D

No reverse Flash means no past fight with the Reverse Flash which means Nora is still alive but that doesn't seem to be the case which is weird.

I see what you're saying, but there was a debate earlier (in the The Flash OT) about why the wormhole opened back up and caused the singularity. It's possible that Eddie killing himself and removing Thawne from existence caused this. Removing Thawne from existence, however, doesn't change things I would say. Time travel causes split timelines, effectively creating different dimensions. Infinite Earths and all that. That means Thawne still exists in another timeline and Nora is still dead.

Xemnas89

No reverse Flash means no past fight with the Reverse Flash which means Nora is still alive but that doesn't seem to be the case which is weird.

No Reverse Flash fight in the past means Eddie doesn't have to kill himself which means Eobard is still born in the future which means he goes back in time and kills nora which eventually leads to him being erased from existence.

Have you ever watched Leverage? There was this one... call him a recurring antagonist, Sterling. Apparently, in the writing room, they had a rule: Sterling never loses. That's not to say protagonists can't win, but they can only do so if they make sure Sterling wins along the way; he's just too good for them to beat outright.

They need a character like that on Arrow, IMO. Shiva's as good a pick as any.

So Xanatos? lol

Joni

Have you ever watched Leverage? There was this one... call him a recurring antagonist, Sterling. Apparently, in the writing room, they had a rule: Sterling never loses. That's not to say protagonists can't win, but they can only do so if they make sure Sterling wins along the way; he's just too good for them to beat outright.

They need a character like that on Arrow, IMO. Shiva's as good a pick as any.

I suggest Sterling himself. Supernatural can miss Crowley for a couple of episodes, no?

Ahasverus

No Reverse Flash fight in the past means Eddie doesn't have to kill himself which means Eobard is still born in the future which means he goes back in time and kills nora which eventually leads to him being erased from existence.
My mind is so fucked :p
So it's a loop?

That's why the black hole showed up. To erase the paradox.

About this time last year, we got casting leaks for roles named Daniel, Seth, Toshi and Akiko who turned out to be Ray, Werner Zyrtle, Maseo, and Tatsu. Looking forward to this year's guessing game.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I can't wait for the Flash to arrive on Netflix.

People got tired of seeing LTTP: Arrow threads? Flash is gonna shut this shit down.

Penguin

Get ready for the ultimate DCTV pic at SDCC if you thought last year's panel was stacked...

Warner Bros. Television & DC Entertainment Present, 8:00-11:00 p.m. : Super Hero Saturday Night Offers Fans a Look Inside the Worlds of Arrow, The Flash and Gotham, plus a Pilot Screening of Supergirl and Video Presentations of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and Vixen: DC fans … get ready for another Super Hero Saturday Night! Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment will again welcome fans into the worlds of some of DC Comics’ greatest characters during a three-hour super-experience in Hall H. The exclusive evening will feature a pilot screening of the highly anticipated new action series Supergirl, followed by a Q&A with stars and producers; plus, individual special video presentations and Q&As with stars and producers from Arrow, The Flash and Gotham. Also, don’t miss a special Q&A with cast and producers of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and a peek at the new digital series Vixen.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I really hope Vixen is good and substantial. CWSeed being packed with 5 minute or less shows doesn't inspire confidence, though.

Because it is a paradox, by Reverse Flash never existing, the timeline should revert to the original one where Reverse flash didn't kill his mum, the events of that original timeline do not have Eddie killing himself, and eventually cause Reverse Flash to travel back in time to kill Barry's mum and alter it like he did already.

I think Agents of Shield getting really good is the surprise of the season. Who would've thought that would be a thing last year?

Did it? Had like 3-4 good episodes.

Kelsdesu

Which Richard Dragon?

This guy:
626341-richard_dragon.jpg

Or this guy:
3345199-ga_cv24_2vomuezq2z_.jpg

Richard Dragon is another odd holdover from that era of blatantly wanting to do a kung-fu comic, but not wanting to star Asian people. Like the original Kung-Fu turned to 10.

I desperately need a fleshed out
Richard Dragon. No jobbing bullshit doh.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Uhm, guys?

Barry to get a new love interest...?

Bahahahaha the specific note about "think Felicity from Arrow!" is so goddamn transparent.

Besides, he and Iris were never together and she's in mourning from Eddie's death. It'd be super shitty to just be like "well now it's totally cool that I can just hit on you, right?" or to spend half the season going "I still really like Iris but how do I get her to get over her dead fiance?"

Sober

Uhm, guys?

Barry to get a new love interest...?
Should've killed off Iris then instead of Eddie. LOL

Man I know I joke about how they basically keep Iris in the background but bahahaha holy shit someone in the writers' room must hate her or something, Jesus Christ.

At least now she can complain about something else for 16-18 episodes and do absolutely nothing of consequence. Man if you guys hated Laurel back in season 2 maaaaaan I guess this will be worse.

Tabby

Should've killed off Iris then instead of Eddie. LOL

Man I know I joke about how they basically keep Iris in the background but bahahaha holy shit someone in the writers' room must hate her or something, Jesus Christ.

At least now she can complain about something else for 16-18 episodes and do absolutely nothing of consequence. Man if you guys hated Laurel back in season 2 maaaaaan I guess this will be worse.

They can't tread the same plotline again... right? right guys? I mean maybe it won't be that bad.

Sober

I don' think this is physically possible.

Then again...Flash and physics...lolspeedforce.gif
I honestly don't have much faith in them to give Candice Patton anything to do that doesn't end up being inconsequential because [comic books] always take precedence in Arrow and Flash.

They can't tread the same plotline again... right? right guys? I mean maybe it won't be that bad.

Maybe, and I know this might be a stretch, have her become an actual reporter.

Hell, play up the fact that she's succeeding by putting her self into dangerous situations to cope with Eddie's death.

Sober

Maybe, and I know this might be a stretch, have her become an actual reporter.

Hell, play up the fact that she's succeeding by putting her self into dangerous situations to cope with Eddie's death.
How dare you try to give a female character agency and something interesting to do. [Comic books] fans will hate that you're taking precious time away from them vomiting Speedforce lore or something.

Wiktor

How dare you try to give a female character agency and something interesting to do. [Comic books] fans will hate that you're taking precious time away from them vomiting Speedforce lore or something.
She is kind of useless though. With Laurel they had a pretty great prosecutor hook that could have beeb used to give her fun plotlines, especially with Blood's political aspiration. But it was wasted.

With Iris..it's hard to give her something to do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom