• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

She is kind of useless though. With Laurel they had a pretty great prosecutor hook that could have beeb used to give her fun plotlines, especially with Blood's political aspiration. But it was wasted.

With Iris..it's hard to give her something to do now.
Maybe we should tell the writers to watch the first season of iZombie and pay attention.

Is the rocker girl who was in the last 2 eps of iZombie Sara's friend in Arrow?

Just gonna assume you guys watch that awesome show too.

Dalek

Re-Watching Flash Season 1 with my daughter and the infamous scene
between Cisco and Dr Wells. "To me, You've been dead for centuries.
Blew her mind. It's still just as chilling and effective as the first time I saw it.

I can't wait for the Flash to arrive on Netflix.

People got tired of seeing LTTP: Arrow threads? Flash is gonna shut this shit down.
The main reason why I got tired of them is that they boiled down to Marvel vs. DC shows. The more threads that occurred, the faster each thread devolved into that. I'd love to discuss Arrow, and making comparisons is a part of that, but there's a point where blatant dislike and smack talk occurs. That detracts from any meaningful discussion there is/was to be had.
I'm in superhero TV withdrawal, so I decided to buy season 2 of young justice. Very good so far.
I support this. I really like that show. Specifically from relationship and action angles.
Maybe, and I know this might be a stretch, have her become an actual reporter.

Hell, play up the fact that she's succeeding by putting her self into dangerous situations to cope with Eddie's death.
I like it, I like it. Having her sass villains. I don't want them to make her too Lois Lane, but if that's what they have to do to give her a good arc, then I'll be damned if I don't accept it.
How dare you try to give a female character agency and something interesting to do. [Comic books] fans will hate that you're taking precious time away from them vomiting Speedforce lore or something.
I'd like to believe this is sarcasm, because all comics fans want are good stories.

ZeroX03

Banned

Jay Garrick in his 30s?

Ted_Grant.png

DaveH

Seems like a leap to assume Jay Garrick since the whole DC pantheon is open for plunder... as far as a leap as it was to expect that we'd ever have The Flash on TV again as a Green Arrow spin-off (just take a few seconds to let that sink in), if you had told me that Firestorm and The Atom were going to supporting characters, I'd say that's nowhere in the comics and you're crazy.

Remember, we're going so deep into League lore that Detroit-Era Vibe and Vixen are on the table... this casting call could be for anyone!

Patryn

Seems like a leap to assume Jay Garrick since the whole DC pantheon is open for plunder... as far as a leap as it was to expect that we'd ever have The Flash on TV again as a Green Arrow spin-off (just take a few seconds to let that sink in), if you had told me that Firestorm and The Atom were going to supporting characters, I'd say that's nowhere in the comics and you're crazy.

Remember, we're going so deep into League lore that Detroit-Era Vibe and Vixen are on the table... this casting call could be for anyone!

Could be Max Mercury, as well. The cynical note reads more Max than Jay to me.

ZeroX03

Banned
30s-40s makes sense in the TV universe. He's old enough to be seasoned (and put the fear of Grodd into Reverse Flash), but young enough to still be active and fully powered.

I just prefer 1940s legacy Jay to Earth-2 Jay, it's not a big deal.

Well I think the reason people are taking that leap is because we know Jay is coming.

30s-40s makes sense in the TV universe. He's old enough to be seasoned (and put the fear of Grodd into Reverse Flash), but young enough to still be active and fully powered.
Honestly, he could be actually older than that, assuming they incorporate the whole "Speed Force slows aging" part of the lore into the show.
Could be Max Mercury, as well. The cynical note reads more Max than Jay to me.

Wouldn't surprise me, either.

DaveH

Consider how hard it is to write around one speedster much less two.

We already know the general game plan for Season 2... it's alternate time lines and it's Barry learning to run without Wells.

That's more than enough cosmic crazy to keep Barry occupied without worrying about the Speed Force. There's not going to be a speedster mentor, that's at least another season away when time travel gives way to dimensional travel.

You guys need to be thinking along the lines of B'wana Beast or Elongated Man, not safe and predictable Flash mythology.

Wiktor

We already know the general game plan for Season 2... it's alternate time lines and it's Barry learning to run without Wells.

That might happen at most for few episodes. It will very quickly retract to S1;s timeline. We already know there will be another crossover episode before winter break and that both Flash and Arrow will together gather the Legends team. Restoration of S1's timeline has to happen before this.

Okay -so what we know of this role is:

“the season-long role of a classically handsome, square-jawed hero in his 30s to early 40s, a slightly cynical man with an edge.”

What if Iris has a new co-worker at the news office- Charles Victor Szasz, aka Vic Sage, aka:

Question03.jpg

Although Vic is a bit beyond "slightly cynical"

Kibbles

Any chance DC will use it's TV Characters and actors in Justice League? I'm too connected to Stephen Amell as The Arrow to have that all thrown away with some random or big name Hollywood actor I won't feel that with. Same with Grant Gustin.

edit - :(

ZeroX03

Banned
Any chance DC will use it's TV Characters and actors in Justice League? I'm too connected to Stephen Amell as The Arrow to have that all thrown away with some random or big name Hollywood actor :S Same with Grant Gustin.

The two universes are completely separate, and Ezra Miller has already been cast as the movie Flash for Justice League. Sorry!

Wiktor

Any chance DC will use it's TV Characters and actors in Justice League? I

There is a chance Matt Ryan could be used in Justice League Dark. Del Toro was open to an idea. Still a very very long shot, but at least it's not "no way in hell" the way it's with other shows :D

Joni

Any chance DC will use it's TV Characters and actors in Justice League? I'm too connected to Stephen Amell as The Arrow to have that all thrown away with some random or big name Hollywood actor I won't feel that with. Same with Grant Gustin.

edit - :(

Don't worry, Green Arrow won't be in JL anyway.

She is kind of useless though. With Laurel they had a pretty great prosecutor hook that could have beeb used to give her fun plotlines, especially with Blood's political aspiration. But it was wasted.

They did that through seasons 1 and 2, ending when Laurel was about to get De-BAR'd

Could be Hawkman as well, since Hawkgirl is around.

Patryn

But Tom Cavanagh is still a regular for Season 2? So it's (probably?) not Eobard Wells, but Wells will still be there.

Could be Hawkman as well, since Hawkgirl is around.

Hawkman would be cool. One of the most mistreated characters in comics.

Trying to think of cynical heroes or villains. Classically Handsome makes me think of 1940's casting so I'm going with someone in the JSA. I think Johns will run with Garrick and the JSA if he can because he loves those characters so much. I'm thinking Alan Scott based off those descriptors. Could be our introduction to Green Lantern that segues into Hal in season 3 .

It's not hard to give Iris anything to do. Her profession as a reporter and Barry's as a CSI could lead to some really good investigative plot lines. Hopefully the writers can catch on to that and make something of it, because aside from some metahuman-case exposition from Barry, and Iris going "The Flash is real!," there wasn't much going on. Mason did most of the investigating on the reporter side, and Barry just did superhero stuff whilst Joe and Eddie did cop stuff. Severely underutilized potential.

ZeroX03

Banned
"So we thought we'd tease Green Lantern... here you go guys!"

1172601-guy_gardner_i.jpg

They've actually been laying it on quite thick with Hal Jordan. Would be crazy if we got Hal, I would have excepted someone like Alan Scott or Kyle Rayner if they were giving us a lantern. Wonder if the movie universe is going with John Stewart instead?

e: wow community RIP DCTV until next season

They've actually been laying it on quite thick with Hal Jordan. Would be crazy if we got Hal, I would have excepted someone like Alan Scott or Kyle Rayner if they were giving us a lantern. Wonder if the movie universe is going with John Stewart instead?

That's the rumor, last I heard.

e: wow community RIP DCTV until next season
Not Alan Scott. He's the only one I wouldn't want, only because his powers function completely different from the standard GL.
That's the rumor, last I heard.
All I've heard on that is just fans wanting Diggle to in fact be John Stewart. Beyond that, has there been any actual rumor "sources'? Like, is the speculation rooted in something else.

All I've heard on that is just fans wanting Diggle to in fact be John Stewart. Beyond that, has there been any actual rumor "sources'? Like, is the speculation rooted in something else.

George Miller's cancelled Justice League: Mortal movie had Common cast as Green Lantern. Probably a mix of memories of that and wishful thinking from Elba fans. Stewart would be the best choice, but current DC leadership favors Hal Jordan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom