• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

So since milestone bought back their properties does that mean we wont get static in these ever? because id love to see a live action static.

Static gone unless Milestone works out another deal with DC or does something themselves.

I'd love it if they elevate Black Lightning though.

Wiktor

Nice. Next show should be something big and wild. Just as before, Atom himself wouldn't work. But they put him in a whole team and it looks awesome. Whatever the next show they make needs to be either about some really strong character or some wild concept, one that's as different from Flash/Arrow/LoT as Flash was from Arrow.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Your next show is Martian Manhunter, god-damn it.

Or the Question. I'll take either or both

Glad the Hawkgirl rumor got debunked. The best Hawkgirl story requires a team to be told (Justice League cartoon arc).

Glad the Hawkgirl rumor got debunked. The best Hawkgirl story requires a team to be told (Justice League cartoon arc).

Which Question? Ditko Question, JLU Question, or Renee Montoya?

Please don't say Ditko Question.

Wiktor

Heh. As a storytelling excercise I've actually developed for myself a pitch for CW show. With Azrael as lead character. And to spice it up since there's no Batman allowed, I would set the action in Hub City and have a Vic Sage investigate the appearance of superpowered vigilante in the city. It would give a nice broad exploration of the setting and as a plus it would embarass Flash team, showing them you can actually make a journalist character do interesting stuff on superhero show :)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Which Question? Ditko Question, JLU Question, or Renee Montoya?

Please don't say Ditko Question.
Full on Randian Mr. A the Question, baby.

But really, somewhere between the 90s Zen Buddhist Question and the batshit insane Question on JLU.

I'd sacrifice some folks for a Martain Manhunter show, but I'm not seeing that happening.

ZeroX03

Banned
I assume all of DC GAF is playing Arkham Knight right now? How crazy was it that Eobard was the Arkham Knight! He was all like...

"It was me Bruce..."

Full on Randian Mr. A the Question, baby.

But really, somewhere between the 90s Zen Buddhist Question and the batshit insane Question on JLU.
He's not THAT crazy. I mean, he goes through everyone's trash, so as not to single anyone out.
I'd sacrifice some folks for a Martain Manhunter show, but I'm not seeing that happening.
I know a guy who knows a guy when it comes to blood rituals. We could make it work.
I assume all of DC GAF is playing Arkham Knight right now? How crazy was it that Eobard was the Arkham Knight! He was all like...

"It was me Bruce..."

Talk shit get hit son.

It's the only thing I don't want spoiled for me.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm going to spoil them for safety, but I've caught a few Easter Eggs for Arrowverse characters in Arkham Knight. Probably see more as I play.

A battle takes place in a Queen Industries building, Black Canary is mentioned by name by a grunt and owns a club in Gotham and Ted Grant has a cancelled boxing match. Simon Stagg is also a story character.

So since milestone bought back their properties does that mean we wont get static in these ever? because id love to see a live action static.
Milestone didn't buy back anything, they had a licensing deal with DC. We don't know anything about New Milestone. It might not even exist.

Joni

Let the waiting begin.

Tuesday, Oct. 6
8 pm The Flash
9 pm iZombie

Wednesday, Oct. 7
8 pm Arrow
9 pm Supernatural

Thursday, Oct. 8
8 pm The Vampire Diaries
9 pm The Originals

Friday, Oct. 9
8 pm Reign
9 pm America’s Next Top Model (Cycle 22 premieres Aug. 5)

Monday, Oct. 19
8 pm Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
9 pm Jane the Virgin

And some spoilers from TVLine

Question: Is John Barrowman returning to Arrow next season? It seemed like Malcolm was kind of written out in the finale. —Joel
Ausiello:
Not only is Barrowman returning, but he will retain his series-regular status.

Question: Got anything on Arrow? —April
Ausiello:
The show is getting around to filling Starling City’s mayoral vacancy (R.I.P., Celia Castle). Producers are looking for a fiftysomething actress to play Patty, a candidate for mayor and a longtime friend of Moira’s; as such, she was once close with Oliver and Thea. Here’s some noisy spitballing from Mitovich: “Hey, maybe Moira once confided in Patty that she years ago paid off Oliver’s baby mama to leave town…?” Thanks, MM. Check’s in the mail

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't think casting and series regular status really needs to be spoiler tagged. It's big enough, in press releases and will be in the credits twenty seconds into the first episode anyway.

A little surprised but we've known for a long time this next season would still heavily tie into the League.

Ugh...I do not need
Malcolm
as a damn regular in S4. The show already is crowded as it is.

It's weird, because I thought they were going to do the opposite. Like, that's why they went the way they did with him at the end of S3. So that they could just take him off and no one would ask where he was. They have an explanation and everything.

Apparently I was wrong.

Generally? BTAS -> STAS -> JL -> JLU -> BB

I'm sure there's a more detailed order out there, tho.

There's also The New Batman Adventures, which ran alongside STAS (BTAS with character design changes, Robin became Nightwing and Tim Drake became Robin), Static Shock, which ran alongside Batman Beyond and Justice League, and Zeta Project, which was a Beyond spin-off.

Then there were the four movies.

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and Batman and Mr. Freeze: Sub-Zero were in BTAS era.

Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman was in NBA era.

Batman Beyond: Return of teh Joker was part of Batman Beyond

Watching based on original air date works, too:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_animated_universe#TV_series

EDIT: Or this guy's viewing order works, too:

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/ques...per-viewing-order-of-the-dc-animated-universe

Generally? BTAS -> STAS -> JL -> JLU -> BB

I'm sure there's a more detailed order out there, tho.

Don't even need BTAS or BB, though the episode Epilogue loses its impact significantly if you don't at least watch BB, including Mask of the Phantasm and Return of the Joker.

Strictly in terms of plot, though? STAS -> JL -> JLU.

ZeroX03

Banned
Don't even need BTAS or BB, though the episode Epilogue loses its impact significantly if you don't at least watch BB, including Mask of the Phantasm and Return of the Joker.

Strictly in terms of plot, though? STAS -> JL -> JLU.

are you seriously recommending someone not watch BTAS or BB

what is wrong with you

Wiktor

Just caught up with Arrow/Flash, really liked both. What should I watch next? Smallville worth going back to? Gotham?

ht-main-1.jpg

Definitely.

Wiktor

Holy crap, somebody else watched that?

Loved it. S1 still holds up to any other comicbook adaptation TV ever got.
Shame about S2. Still nice, but nowhere near the S1 level. A fine example that sometimes adding regular female characters to a show is not always a good idea.

Loved it. S1 still holds up to any other comicbook adaptation TV ever got.
Shame about S2. Still nice, but nowhere near the S1 level. A fine example that sometimes adding regular female characters to a show is not always a good idea.

S1 was legit great. I didn't even know it was a comicbook property until well after the fact, it's just good television in its own right.

Agreed about S2, sadly.

Wiktor

Season 1 was great. Season 2, not so much. I don't think I finished season 2. It wasn't awful, but I just stopped caring.

I did finish it, but yep. Season 1 was so damn good. And it started to build the mythology so damn well with the father figure. But then all this build up was thrown away in S2's opening and instead of damaged men trying to make up for the chaos they've wrecked we went to merry adventures of few guys and two gals. I mean...Janet Montgomery was hot as hell, but adding female leads to the team destroyed it's dynamics and the whole tonal shift plunged the stake into show's heart.

I'm going to spoil them for safety, but I've caught a few Easter Eggs for Arrowverse characters in Arkham Knight. Probably see more as I play.

A battle takes place in a Queen Industries building, Black Canary is mentioned by name by a grunt and owns a club in Gotham and Ted Grant has a cancelled boxing match. Simon Stagg is also a story character.

OMG.
Please make a Green Arrow game. There were rumors they were moving onto another superhero iirc.

Dysun

Arrow seems kinda small time. If they are working on another DC property it has to be Superman or some kind of team up

Arrow seems kinda small time. If they are working on another DC property it has to be Superman or some kind of team up

Superman game wouldn't work though, from my understanding and from what I've gathered on other people's thoughts. Arrow wouldn't be too far off. Plus maybe it's a more LoT game, Flash/Arrow/etc char select..........! *I can dream* Hell, a LoT game with different times and different characters would be pretty damn awesome. Little bit of flavor of each, see where they want to go next.

ZeroX03

Banned
There's a Flash reference in the game too! "RUN" to Keystone City. Which is associated more with Wally and Jay than Barry, although the game universe is closely related with the DCAU so that isn't surprising.

Dysun

Superman game wouldn't work though, from my understanding and from what I've gathered on other people's thoughts. Arrow wouldn't be too far off. Plus maybe it's a more LoT game, Flash/Arrow/etc char select..........! *I can dream* Hell, a LoT game with different times and different characters would be pretty damn awesome. Little bit of flavor of each, see where they want to go next.

A Superman game doesn't work because nobody of note has tried to make one.

ReiGun

The only reason a Superman game doesn't work is because Superman for some reason, makes people overthink game design.

Superman might be too radical of a departure.

Arrow could work, since it's Batman with sniping, but might not because the Arkham games rely on having tons of villains, which Arrow might have a hard time supporting.

A co-op Suicide Squad could work, since they've laid seeds for that in Arkham Origins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom