• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
The actor they picked for Jason Rusch was a random, makes sense they ditched him.

What happened to Robbie Amell? Is he out of Legends?

He was never in it to begin with. Which everyone thought was weird.

Doesn't necessarily mean he's out of Flash though. He's shooting multiple episodes and quite happy about it.

Penguin

New and really cool Supergirl poster

CKja0jxWIAAZCU3.jpg

MattyG

Banned
I finally started watching The Flash, and I love it. It's even better than Arrow.

And... did they just have a scene discussing Barry's possible premature ejaculation problem? Amazing.

Amell going in hard on a troll.

The troll post:

Amell's response:
Trust me when I tell you that the moment you realize you're never going to please everybody is the moment you'll be much, much happier. Also, this person seems like a dickhead, but it's difficult to tell for sure since their username is literally anonymous45326. We can definitely agree they're a coward. You know what..? Let's assume dickheadedness, cyber strength and cowardly tendencies. Fair? Fair! Plus, everyone knows that Facebook is one word. You silly, sorry, sad excuse for a troll.

I think bees were the least offensive case of depowering. I mean...there are hundreds if not thousands of them. If they surround Flash he's screwed.
I wasn't a fan of that whole episode, to be honest. I still think it was one of the worst instances, if not the worst, since by that point he has a complete handle on the basics and even some advanced techniques.
Robotic bees.
Still bees. They emphasized that they were still basically bees, just more robot-like than normal bees.
Michael Chiklis (The Shield, American Horror Story) joins season 2 of Gotham as a series regular, playing
Captain Nathaniel Barnes

https://tvline.com/2015/07/21/michael-chiklis-gotham-cast-captain-barnes-season-2/

michael_chiklis.jpg
Oh we goin' ham
And this is how we backdoor Constantine on to television again.

Keep White Canary because she's going to be somewhat supernatural, keep Atom as the regular-guy who doesn't believe what he's seeing, and introduce motherfucking Swamp Thing.
Ooooooohhhhh yessssssss
Give Blue Beetle pls

And Booster Gold.

Honestly, Booster and Ted doing the two gay dads routine through time with Jaime as the straight man is my perfect setup.

Oh holy shit yes. Fucking yes.

Shame Arrow is never going to get Blue Beetle as was intended last season.

why even respond

Someone posted it on his FB so he saw it and something about not being a fan of anonymous (as in not having to register) commenting on ComicBook.com and it in 2015 being bullshit.

DieH@rd

Banned
Anyone has some breakdown of Arrow/Flash/LoT news that happened in last month?

I believe... and could be wrong, he didn't want to sign onto another CW show in fears of it being cancelled after one season, and want to leave his options opened for movies... if The Duff did well

Duff indeed did well. It earned 40M on a 8M budget.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What does Full Yellow mean?

It's a term used in production. From Wikipedia:
Revision pages are distributed on colored paper, a different color for each set of revisions, with each changed line marked by an asterisk in the right margin of the page. The progression of colors varies from one production to the next, but a typical sequence would be: white, blue, pink, yellow, green, goldenrod, buff, salmon, cherry, tan, ivory, white (this time known as "double white"), and back to blue ("double blue").

When the Assistant Director believes that there are more changed pages than are worth swapping out, the Script Coordinator may issue an entirely fresh script in the appropriate revision color. In some cases, usually before the start of principal photography, an entirely new "white draft" will be distributed in lieu of colored revision pages. The pages in a white draft are renumbered from scratch, while the original scene numbers are maintained.

Titles for Arrow are coming out.

We knew 4x01 was "Green Arrow," but now we know 4x02 is "The Candidate."

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/the-title-of-the-second-episode-of-next-seasons-ar/1100-152995/

Could this be a sign that the Mayor Oliver Queen storyline is coming?

CKnUZkeVAAE9nfJ.jpg

I doubt it. Of course, the casting for the new mayor does say "potential," which means maybe, but I sincerely doubt it. Oliver isn't in a position to be a viable candidate right now. Granted they could make him one, but honestly it wouldn't make sense.

MattyG

Banned
Just finished season 1 of The Flash. Ho. Ly. SHIT. That was amazing.

Two things I didn't get;
1) when the helmet comes through the wormhole and Wells says "that's my queue to go", what was up with that? It's a Hawkgirl reference right?

and 2) is it supposed to be implied that Barry closed the wormhole at the end, or is that probably going to be part of a conflict next season?

Also, the only thing I really didn't like is that it used the same plot device as the Arrow season 1 finale;
Hero's love interest's boyfriend gets killed. Booooooo. I liked Eddie too (though I get the feeling he'll show up again through some wormhole buffoonery).

zulux21

Two things I didn't get;
1) when the helmet comes through the wormhole and Wells says "that's my queue to go", what was up with that? It's a Hawkgirl reference right?

and 2) is it supposed to be implied that Barry closed the wormhole at the end, or is that probably going to be part of a conflict next season?

Also, the only thing I really didn't like is that it used the same plot device as the Arrow season 1 finale;
Hero's love interest's boyfriend gets killed. Booooooo. I liked Eddie too (though I get the feeling he'll show up again through some wormhole buffoonery).

that was not a hawkgirl reference
that was a jay garrick reference aka the original flash, aka go watch the teaser for season 2 :p
as for the end, it's a standard cliffhanger nothing is implied, we will likely pick up right where we left off in season 2.

Two things I didn't get;

The series is over, so no need to spoiler tag.
And as for the helmet, even Wells don't want any of that Garrick action. I loved that moment.

MattyG

Banned
that was not a hawkgirl reference
that was a jay garrick reference aka the original flash, aka go watch the teaser for season 2 :p
as for the end, it's a standard cliffhanger nothing is implied, we will likely pick up right where we left off in season 2.

The series is over, so no need to spoiler tag.
And as for the helmet, even Wells don't want any of that Garrick action. I loved that moment.
Ohhhhh, right! I thought I'd read about a Hawkgirl reference somewhere, but it must've been in Arrow. I've never read The Flash comics (going to start the New 52 run soon), but I knew I'd seen that helmet somewhere! That's so cool, can't wait for season 2.

Now to catch up on Arrow.

zulux21

Ohhhhh, right! I thought I'd read about a Hawkgirl reference somewhere, but it must've been in Arrow. I've never read The Flash comics (going to start the New 52 run soon), but I knew I'd seen that helmet somewhere! That's so cool, can't wait for season 2.

nah there totally was a hawkgirl reference in the episode, but you basically had to know what the hawkgirl actress looks like to even get it because it's just the actress randomly on screen for a few seconds.

She shows up for a second in the Flash finale, she's the woman they focus on staring up at the wormhole.

Penguin

I also believe that Hawkgirl is one of the things The Flash sees when running in the time vortex before going back to the past

ZeroX03

Banned
I also believe that Hawkgirl is one of the things The Flash sees when running in the time vortex before going back to the past

No, but he does see some of the Legends (White Canary, Captain Cold, The Atom and himself).

• Barry in jail
  • The Flash museum
  • Legends of Tomorrow (but not Hawkgirl)
  • Killer Frost
  • Joe
  • Mom's murder

WedgeX

Banned
Well, this is DC related. My nephews, who are in their mid- to late teens, came to town yesterday. I was wear a GL shirt and one of them was wearing a flash shirt. I asked him who his favorite flash was. He pondered and then said "Sheldon. From Big Bang theory."

I shook my head. I have arrived too late in life to properly influence them.

ZeroX03

Banned
Well, this is DC related. My nephews, who are in their mid- to late teens, came to town yesterday. I was wear a GL shirt and one of them was wearing a flash shirt. I asked him who his favorite flash was. He pondered and then said "Sheldon. From Big Bang theory."

I firmly believe it's wrong to hit children/teenagers.

Beat up their parents instead.

MattyG

Banned

Poor kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom