• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchie64

Manu thinks Identity Crisis gave us the perfect Deathstroke story.

Dude is whack.
111.gif

Well, at the very least he should be a watered down Captain America. His season three appearance was wretched, the Shado shit should've been dropped when he was neutralized.

Felicity has Queen Consolidated and Thea has Malcolm's money. Should give him what he needs to rebuild his empire.

Felicity doesn't even have Queen Consolidated, I thought. Ray bought it and merged all of it under Palmer Technologies, and then she declined the offer that Ray gave her.

She has zero power in that company from a legal and financial standpoint assuming I'm correct. Plus, we don't know how much money Thea received or has or if she'll still get money from Malcolm now that he's the new Ra's.

Manu thinks Identity Crisis gave us the perfect Deathstroke story.

Dude is whack.

I don't remember him saying that. He was just using that as an example of how badass Slade could be and why he felt the writers were ruining the character.

Felicity doesn't even have Queen Consolidated, I thought. Ray bought it and merged all of it under Palmer Technologies, and then she declined the offer that Ray gave her.

She has zero power in that company from a legal and financial standpoint assuming I'm correct. Plus, we don't know how much money Thea received or has or if she'll still get money from Malcolm now that he's the new Ra's.

I don't remember him saying that. He was just using that as an example of how badass Slade could be and why he felt the writers were ruining the character.

Still, man. Using anything from Identity Crisis as an example of how things ought to be done is... uncool, to say the least :p

Deathstroke really shouldn't be able to go toe to toe with even one Leaguer (barring maybe Batman), let alone all of them.

Still, man. Using anything from Identity Crisis as an example of how things ought to be done is... uncool, to say the least :p

Deathstroke really shouldn't be able to go toe to toe with even one Leaguer (barring maybe Batman), let alone all of them.

I'd agree, but his point still stands. I think there are plenty of League members Deathstroke could go against, particularly when you get beyond the core group.

He tricked her into signing an ownership transfer late in Season 3. She doesn't know it yet, but she at least owns the Starling City holdings (possibly all of Palmer technologies, but probably not)

EDIT: Its all of Palmer Technologies:
http://scifi.stackexchange.com/ques...y-sign-in-the-penultimate-episode-of-season-3

I'd agree, but his point still stands. I think there are plenty of League members Deathstroke could go against, particularly when you get beyond the core group.

Oh, I meant the JLA, the top 7.

Anyway; I agree that Deathstroke was poorly used in S3, but not as badly as he said, and comparing it to Identity Crisis Deathstroke remains dumb.

She resigned from her position as VP, but never found out she was the owner.
Ah I gotcha. So I am indeed mistaken.
Oh, I meant the JLA, the top 7.

True.

It's upsetting though, because by all counts, he should be a very viable threat. I mean, he's basically Batman with a super soldier serum. And now, in the comics, he has a god-killing sword.

He always felt like such a jobber to me. He has enough of a rep to be threatening, but he's not actually good enough to handle the upper-tier heroes. Even Nightwing at least drew him to a stalemate early in Nightwing's career. This was after the events of Judas Contract. Like, Dick should have almost died trying to take him on, but he managed to stalemate him and bail just fine. I love Dick (he's basically my favorite superhero), but that seemed a little much to me.

Ah I gotcha. So I am indeed mistaken.

True.

It's upsetting though, because by all counts, he should be a very viable threat. I mean, he's basically Batman with a super soldier serum. And now, in the comics, he has a god-killing sword.

He always felt like such a jobber to me. He has enough of a rep to be threatening, but he's not actually good enough to handle the upper-tier heroes. Even Nightwing at least drew him to a stalemate early in Nightwing's career. This was after the events of Judas Contract. Like, Dick should have almost died trying to take him on, but he managed to stalemate him and bail just fine. I love Dick (he's basically my favorite superhero), but that seemed a little much to me.

Well, that's what happens when you're a Teen Titans villain. You either job, are used for straight-up comedy, or you kill the entire team and get offed by a reset button.

Shame they probably wouldn't be able to patch it up and redeem the character with the in coming H.I.V.E. Storyline considering it could make sense due to the character's connection to that organization in the comics, could also give him his Mirakuru 2.0 and drop that stupid Shado obsession that should've went away before the end of season two.

Well, this is DC related. My nephews, who are in their mid- to late teens, came to town yesterday. I was wear a GL shirt and one of them was wearing a flash shirt. I asked him who his favorite flash was. He pondered and then said "Sheldon. From Big Bang theory."

I shook my head. I have arrived too late in life to properly influence them.

Thats a paddlin'.

Wiktor

lol more or less. arrow's third season was not good. i worry about the fourth, cw is the flash channel now.

hell i'm thinking the HIVE guy they're setting up might even be felicity's dad or some stupid shit.

I love Flash..but it's not even the best show on CW.

lol more or less. arrow's third season was not good. i worry about the fourth, cw is the flash channel now.

hell i'm thinking the HIVE guy they're setting up might even be felicity's dad or some stupid shit.

It's already pretty much a foregone conclusion that it's going to happen. Might as well brace yourself for it. I'm still working through it.

Watching the Arrow pilot again, didn't even realize the different actor for Sarah before haha
Edit: or the ep 1 speedy reference
Edit2: funny seeing Laurel in early eps, and Ollie when he killed ppl

Magwik

Banned
So with Amell stating that S4 will focus more on the magical side of things if we don't see Constantine or Zatanna show up then all hope is lost

ZeroX03

Banned
So with Amell stating that S4 will focus more on the magical side of things if we don't see Constantine or Zatanna show up then all hope is lost

Zatanna is a minor character in all DC media. Would be surprised if she doesn't show up here.

Remember in season two when they said mirakuru would be as super powered as Arrow would get? The Flash changing everything.

Zatanna is a minor character in all DC media. Would be surprised if she doesn't show up here.

Remember in season two when they said mirakuru would be as super powered as Arrow would get? The Flash changing everything.

Plus, I think Zatanna and Constantine might be a little too magical. Like, Outsider's War magical seems about right.

zulux21

Plus, I think Zatanna and Constantine might be a little too magical. Like, Outsider's War magical seems about right.

Zatanna seems like she would fit much better as a reoccuring character on the flash than she would on arrow.

though with the constatine show cancelled, why not just make a Justice League Dark series :p

ZeroX03

Banned

They can probably downplay Zatanna a bit, like Batman TAS or Smallville. Probably more interesting as an illusionist than overpowered magician.

We all know who should really be in the show though...

220px-Detectivechimp.jpg

Zatanna seems like she would fit much better as a reoccuring character on the flash than she would on arrow.

though with the constatine show cancelled, why not just make a Justice League Dark series :p
JLD would need a budget that CW is not willing to allow. I wouldn't want Zatanna on The Flash either.

Vixen is the best fit.
They can probably downplay Zatanna a bit, like Batman TAS or Smallville. Probably more interesting as an illusionist than overpowered magician.

We all know who should really be in the show though...

220px-Detectivechimp.jpg

They could. I just think adding an air of mysticism, as opposed to going full magical, is the best way to go.

zulux21

JLD would need a budget that CW is not willing to allow. I wouldn't want Zatanna on The Flash either.

Vixen is the best fit.

They could. I just think adding an air of mysticism, as opposed to going full magical, is the best way to go.

if they did a JLD series I would imagine it would be on cbs or tnt instead of CW anyways :p

Dalek

Flash Season One:

If you're an iTunes Season Pass subscriber they just put up a bunch of special features, that are presumably for the DVD/Blu-Ray release.

There's a 7 minute gag reel that's hillarious.

Rooster12

Finished season 1 of Arrow

A few thougths

- This guy's origins >>>> Batman's origins. Suriving on an island full of psychos is infinitely better than training in the mountains of Tibet.

- The island flashbacks are the best things about the show

- The Yao Fei/Wintergreen fight is top notch

- I felt Malcome was awesome but was a bit wasted as a villain

- Count Vertigo was a complete joke wtf???

- Chyna White was written terribly as well

- I love all of Oliver's supporting cast except for Thea. The chemistry between everyone is great. This isn't like Smallville where everyone is annoying as hell.

- The best thing is how the plot progresses every episode, even the filler ones.

- The season peaked at episode 14.

- I enjoyed the "drama" and "romantic" parts of the show as well, they were done really well in my opinion, unlike Smallville.

- The last 7 or so episodes was a bit weak, there were some unexpected filler there.

- The fight in Malcome's office between him and Oliver was just insane.

- The guy who plays Deadshot...is Deadshot.

Overall pretty decent. Really good for a CW show though. I'm hearing great things about season 2 already, can't wait to watch that one.

- I love all of Oliver's supporting cast except for Thea. The chemistry between everyone is great. This isn't like Smallville where everyone is annoying as hell.

Ha! I had a friend who just watched the first season and texted me about how much he hated Thea. I thought that was weird, then I watched the first season again and I felt the same. The problem is one character in season two,
Laurel,
becomes so much worse that you forget about Thea being terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom