• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Ha! I had a friend who just watched the first season and texted me about how much he hated Thea. I thought that was weird, then I watched the first season again and I felt the same. The problem is one character in season two,
Laurel,
becomes so much worse that you forget about Thea being terrible.

That's really the key for this writing team to "Fix" hated characters. Each season someone gets more annoying than normal and your attention focuses on them.
S1: Thea
S2: Laurel
S3: Felicity

Rooster12

Also the finale in season 1 was really disappointing.,

A bomb in the city? Really? How original. The writers have been watching too much 24.

- This guy's origins >>>> Batman's origins. Suriving on an island full of psychos is infinitely better than training in the mountains of Tibet.
Arrow vs Begins? yeah maybe.
Comic Green Arrow's isn't half as interesting especially with no Slade.
Batman's on the other hand had years of more stuff compared to Begins.

Rooster12

Yeah I'm talking about the movie versions.

Legend of the Dark Knight is better than Green Arrow:Year One.

But I thought that the Island stuff is so good it can be its own separate comic series

GulAtiCa

I was always fine with Thea. She was a little annoying during the whole "Mom is cheating on dad!" phase of the season.. But, never really had an issue with her.

I liked Laurel in season 2 too. I liked the direction of her downward spiral into destruction. Which really made season 3 all the better for her ascending into the Black Canary part. Granted... I am a Katie Cassidy fan. So, I'm a little bias. :p

And for Felicity in season 3... Yeah, she became rather annoying with her whining.. I blame the writing team though.

I find it cool that Katie Cassidy and Emily Bett Rickards seem to be really good friends IRL. Saw them both take several vacations/hang out all sorts during the summer.

Shaanyboi

Banned
It took a long fucking time for Thea to not be a total piece of fucking garbage....

"I know it was hell on that island. But it was hell here too!"
FUCK. YOU. Don't even remotely try to compare your experiences, you mumbling angsty little coke-head. Like holy fuck...

Mario007

Yeah I'm talking about the movie versions.

Legend of the Dark Knight is better than Green Arrow:Year One.

But I thought that the Island stuff is so good it can be its own separate comic series

Then again New 52 GA origin is pretty damn good as well. Ollie basically went through the same torture and difficult survival curve as he did in the first year of the flashbacks on the show.

Then again New 52 GA origin is pretty damn good as well. Ollie basically went through the same torture and difficult survival curve as he did in the first year of the flashbacks on the show.

N52 GA origin > Show GA origin, mostly 'cause of the Outsider stuff.

And also
evil Robert Queen.

GulAtiCa

It took a long fucking time for Thea to not be a total piece of fucking garbage....

"I know it was hell on that island. But it was hell here too!"
FUCK. YOU. Don't even remotely try to compare your experiences, you mumbling angsty little coke-head. Like holy fuck...

To be fair... We know what Oliver had to suffer through, Thea did not. As far as Thea knew at that point, Oliver was alone on a tropical island all by himself.

Paul Blackthorne, aka Captain Chesthair, put up a gallery of back to work pics for the new season.

11802708_416887838522377_8839856716775474855_o.jpg

anaron

those behind the scenes photos make me wonder/pray that Laurel won't be wearing that awful wig for S4; she wasn't wearing one in a photo with Paul, either.

Penguin

Legends of Tomorrow premiere is Jan 2016... surprising no one

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/legends-to...ons-new-show-will-be-good-flash-arrow-1512895

When heroes alone are not enough, the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat – one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's fifteen? Still works hopefully it's role is the expected slot filler like Agent Carter was for Agents of SHIELD. Giving Arrow and Flash a few months before coming back, especially for the Flash.

It is going to run concurrently with Flash and Arrow when they return from winter break.

Mario007

There was a video on dc all access with Guggenheim (sorry for misspelling) saying they want to introduce the totem weapons and that he expects they'll definitely show up in the future.

Get Hype for Season 5 or 6!!!!

Shaanyboi

Banned
There was a video on dc all access with Guggenheim (sorry for misspelling) saying they want to introduce the totem weapons and that he expects they'll definitely show up in the future.

Get Hype for Season 5 or 6!!!!

Fuck. Yes.

Though would Merlyn/Thea stand in for Komodo/Emiko?

But man, Richard Dragon, the clans, a real Count Vertigo and not this Scarecrow wannabe nonsense.... So much awesome shit they could pull from Lemire's run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom