• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and Deathbolt showed that
meta-humans exist outside the particle accelerator explosion
. Which I'm sure will be turned into a plot point this season.

nice to see Felicity got contacts. i'll miss the glasses

EBR looks better with the glasses IMO but I would laugh and laugh hard if they had Felicity lose them permanently.

Hope so. Lemire's run had so much potential and introduced so much great mythology. It was tragedy it was cut short. I would love to see those ideas get the treatement they deserve in TV format.
Yeah I've just read The Kill Machine and The Outsiders War. I have one more trade volume to go. I would love for Tatsu to come back so we can get a really cool equivalent scene:

Green-Arrow-31-Katana-vs-Onyx.jpg

Hope so. Lemire's run had so much potential and introduced so much great mythology. It was tragedy it was cut short. I would love to see those ideas get the treatement they deserve in TV format.

While I'd love to have Arrow take a crack at the concepts in Lemire's run, the strength of that book was never in the writing. Sorrentino owned that title. Any adaptation would have to be pretty loose to get the most out of it.

Wiktor

While I'd love to have Arrow take a crack at the concepts in Lemire's run, the strength of that book was never in the writing. Sorrentino owned that title. Any adaptation would have to be pretty loose to get the most out of it.

To me the real strengt was neither the actual plot Lemire made or the art Sorrentino did. To me the best thing about this run was the world building. It finally gave Green Arrow the groundwork for it's own mythology. I don't really care about the trip to Europe or Richard Dragon's run of terror. Or even Outsiders war. Everything was way to short and wrapped to quickly. What I want is for show to take the Outsiders concept and run with it, not try to recreate the actual plot from the comics.

To me the real strengt was neither the actual plot Lemire made or the art Sorrentino did. To me the best thing about this run was the world building. It finally gave Green Arrow the groundwork for it's own mythology. I don't really care about the trip to Europe or Richard Dragon's run of terror. Or even Outsiders war. Everything was way to short and wrapped to quickly. What I want is for show to take the Outsiders concept and run with it, not try to recreate the actual plot from the comics.

It sounds like we agree on the writing, but as much as I like the worldbuilding, what made the arc actually readable issue-to-issue was stuff like this:

You CANNOT downplay the art. It's just that good.

TraBuch

Banned
Oh what the hell? How can you end the season like that? God dammit.

But yeah, despite some annoyances (mainly having to do with The Flash's inconsistent powers), really enjoyed the first season. I had to stop watching Arrow because it started taking itself way too seriously, so this was a breath of fresh air.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm going to call for a swerve and continuation of the JSA theme.
latest

Alan Scott, Green Lantern. Hence the wooden bat, with wood being old GL's weakness. Dovetails with the growing magic idea.

I was going to suggest that, because obviously there is a lot of ways it fits. However they were pretty specific in the references to Hal. His city and a test pilot.

Amell continues to be a class act with his fans. This was an update on his page about meeting someone at ComicCon.

11731686_890044631080805_7597028927337103779_o.jpg

Wanted to share a quick story from Comic Con this year. When I was getting ready for my Nerd HQ panel (and quietly rehearsing the Little Mermaid in my head) one of the volunteers let me know that a young girl named Emily Nagel and her Mom Cindy were backstage hoping for a chance to say hello. They had come from North Carolina for Comic Con and felt a special connection with our show because it played some small part in making certain days better than others. Both Emily and her Mom were kind - too kind - once we got a chance to meet. The next evening we made sure they got a good seat for our Hall H spectacular. Now I just want to take a quick opportunity to thank them. I'm lucky to meet lots of people and hear lots of stories. Thematically, they're always positive, now matter how dire the beginnings. And it honestly might break my brain if I ever did a deep dive on the number of times I've been blown away by generosity and courage in the past few years. So... thank you, Emily. Consider yourself a chief representative of the best fandom I can imagine. See you again soon. xo

Stay classy, you awesome mofo. I can't help but love the guy.

zulux21

Oh what the hell? How can you end the season like that? God dammit.

But yeah, despite some annoyances (mainly having to do with The Flash's inconsistent powers), really enjoyed the first season. I had to stop watching Arrow because it started taking itself way too seriously, so this was a breath of fresh air.

yeah it would be nice if his powers were more consistent... thus my common phrase when referring to flash... Faster than lightning, slower than bees :/
as long as you get past that and accept that inconsistent powers is the only way to really make threats consistently threatening without going off the deep end of power levels quickly it's a really fun show. They just have to make sure to not be too inconsistent as that bee episode was really terrible and one of the few stains on an otherwise great season.

Some new info on White Canary and this Season's crossover:

tumblr_nruuyu1HrE1qcw9rdo1_540.jpg

http://comicsalliance.com/arrow-season-4-white-canary-legends/

The White Canary will be launched in the first few episodes of Arrow. 4×08, our typical crossover episode, will be doing a lot of heavy-lifting in terms of getting the Legends of Tomorrow characters set up and also seeing where they are with relation to The Flash. It’s a big episode.

Read More: 'Arrow' Season 4 to Introduce White Canary Before 'Legends' | http://comicsalliance.com/arrow-season-4-white-canary-legends/?trackback=tsmclip

Damn he is a swell man.

Damn him for being so swell

Damn him
Flash's powers are inconsistent in every medium. It'd be a nightmare of logistics for writers to actually deal with it realistically. Just one of those things you have to let go.

Confirms that 408 of Flash and Arrow will be the crossover again and focused on LoT, as expected.
Yeah but bees tho

stephen amell is just an all around boss. no matter how down i ever get on arrow or his acting i can't dislike the dude at all. even planning on sitting through the likely dire tmnt 2 for his big screen debut.

Penguin

New villain for Arrow!

British actor Jimmy Akingbola has nabbed the recurring role of DC Comics villain Baron Reiter — well known as Baron Blitzkrieg — on Arrow's fourth season.

Akingbola will recur on the series as Baron Reiter, an adversary for Oliver, and appear in the show's prominent flashback scenes. In the comics, the character is the leader of the nefarious group Shadowspire.

ap_342404788841.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-casts-dc-villain-baron-810360

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
More information on Legends of Tomorrow

More of an anthology show. If the show proves to be popular and gets a renewal for a second season, it's likely that the second season will be about a completely new team with new villains.

And this is how we backdoor Constantine on to television again.

Keep White Canary because she's going to be somewhat supernatural, keep Atom as the regular-guy who doesn't believe what he's seeing, and introduce motherfucking Swamp Thing.

Penguin

More information on Legends of Tomorrow

More of an anthology show. If the show proves to be popular and gets a renewal for a second season, it's likely that the second season will be about a completely new team with new villains.

Makes it sound like was supposed to be another team....

"It’s more like a caper, because it’s sort of like ‘Ocean’s 11′, where you have a team of misfits, a dirty dozen, and they’ve been sent on essentially a suicide mission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom