• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.
2HKjjr3.jpg

Shouldn't be the inverse, as the lightning bolt is the light?

Tabby

We got a new outro logo, Atom Smasher and Flashlight and it's only 10 seconds.
We need a new trailer already damn it.

I've read some of them. They're not bad and apparently are cannon with the shows, even having characters like
Bronze Tiger
being killed off in them.

But I think part of the charm of Arrow and Flash are the actors. The comics are just missing that extra something that makes them worth reading over the mainline comic continuity.

Give them a shot, though. You can pick up chapters for a buck digitally.

See, I love the idea of "seasons" in comic form. Expanding on a show's mythology, lore, and overall story arcs. It's fantastic, and I love it, I just don't really find a lot of appeal with these two. The Flash Season Zero seems unnecessary. What stories can even be told there? The whole point of The Flash S1 is that it's the beginning of everything. What's S0 even achieving? I'm curious on that premise alone, but not enough to really want to pick it up. Arrow Season 2.5 seems that way as well, though it has more material to work from.

Atom Smasher's design is disappointing. Reverse Flash, Jay and Captain Cold look great so I don't get what's the deal there. I hope it's just for the premiere and they change his outfit later on, assuming if he even returns. It's not like it's hard to pull off in live action.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, any of you going to be watching Summerslam? It'll be broadcast live, and also on-demand from the WWE Network, which has a free month no strings attached signup.

Penguin

So, any of you going to be watching Summerslam? It'll be broadcast live, and also on-demand from the WWE Network, which has a free month no strings attached signup.

Well as the bridge between WrassleGAF and DCTV-GAF, I shall not be watching it on the WWE Network....

... Since I'll be in attendance. So stoked!

I've never been into wrestling, but my younger brother and I do want to watch Amell fight Stardust. I'm not sure if I should try and watch it live, or just wait and watch a YouTube video of it later.

Edit: A friend of mine made the same Flashlight joke last night when I showed it to him. Heh.

ZeroX03

Banned
I read it a couple of years ago. It had loads of promise and could serve as a great starter for a cinematic Green Arrow but as a script it just wasn't there yet.

As I said there were loads of big ideas (the superhero prison that 'changed' shape and form every night so no one could form an escape plan) that worked really well but it needed a tighter emotional arc.

IIRC it didn't feature Black Canary and might have benefitted from having their love story at its core, basically giving him a reason to escape. It featured Amanda Waller and even Deathstroke as well as a host of 'C-list' DCU characters.

Feel free to ask any other questions and I'll do my best to answer.

Thanks for that. About what I expected. It's a very interesting concept but has little depth or emotional trajectory so I'm not surprised that it's what they need to work on.

Look what came in the mail...

n05xIX9.jpg

Time to start harnessing the speed force.

How is it? Worth buying?

I snatched up all the DC TV Funko Pop.

ZeroX03

Banned
Stephen's hinting at some Arrow related stuff at SummerSlam. Doesn't sound like he'll be wearing a full outfit due to all the leather though. And he's billed as Amell not Arrow on everything.

Also sounds like Colin Donnell will be there. #TommyLives

Executive Producer Wendy Mericle talks Arrow season 4:

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/arrow-exec-producer-reveals-more-about-constantine/1100-153271/

Highlights include Diggle getting a code name, which they won't share yet (*cough*GUARDIAN!*cough*) and Damien Dahrk being a sociopathic, pure evil villain instead of a "hero of his own story" sympathetic villain like Malcolm and Slade.

Whoa WHOA.

How do you leave out the fact that Mr. Terrific is going to be gay?

Mr. Terrific, or Curtis Holt, is coming, and will be played by Echo Kellum. He’s just a genius. I don’t think we’ll see him morph into Mr. Terrific this season, but he’s somebody who brings a different tone and element, more in keeping with the lightness that we’re bringing into this season. He also is one of our only other LGBT characters, and we’re excited to have that on the show to explore those things, particularly through the prism of that character and with his relationship to Felicity and the team.

EDIT: This was apparently already confirmed?

Sou Da

Whoa WHOA.

How do you leave out the fact that Mr. Terrific is going to be gay?

EDIT: This was apparently already confirmed?

Why couldn't he have been bisexual? I feel like entertainment seems to forget bisexual men exist.

Also the cynic in me says they did it to make him non-threatening to Felicity's relationship but they could have married him if they wanted that.

Why couldn't he have been bisexual? I feel like entertainment seems to forget bisexual men exist.

Also the cynic in me says they did it to make him non-threatening to Felicity's relationship but they could have married him if they wanted that.

There, there. One day bisexual men will be real in Hollywood.

tumblr_mgup24toom1qfmofqo1_500.gif

Keiynan Lonsdale (Wally) starts shooting in October, hasn't ben told what Wally's relation to Iris in the show is yet:
http://www.comicvine.com/articles/keiynan-lonsdale-reveals-more-about-grabbing-the-r/1100-153278/

Also, Felicity's mom returning:
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/the-incomparable-donna-smoak-returns-arrow-season-4/

More Producer talk-
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/interview-arrow-ep-marc-guggenheim-on-code-names-curtis-holt-more/

Apparently, Diggle is not Guardian, but a new code name unique to Diggle. Also, Laurel won't be keeping Sarah's ressurection secret from Chesthair like she did with her death.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
His code name better not be Midnighter. That's what I have to say.

Kind of a random concern to have. They're usually pretty sensitive to making changes to characters like that. You might as well be worried that they'll make Diggle the Question.

Which, now having said that out loud, I would totally be in favor of.

It's too bad that Midnighter isn't ripping up the sales charts at the moment as I'd love for HBO to take a crack at the character.

Kind of a random concern to have. They're usually pretty sensitive to making changes to characters like that. You might as well be worried that they'll make Diggle the Question.

Which, now having said that out loud, I would totally be in favor of.

It's too bad that Midnighter isn't ripping up the sales charts at the moment as I'd love for HBO to take a crack at the character.

It was a joke about how he fights crime at night, plus Black Driver, plus black outfit. No one was going to get it, but I felt I needed to say it.

But in seriousness, he's just Guardian. Different codename doesn't change that.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It was a joke about how he fights crime at night, plus Black Driver, plus black outfit. No one was going to get it, but I felt I needed to say it.

But in seriousness, he's just Guardian. Different codename doesn't change that.

Hey, they could always make him the Nightman.

Fa5nKKa.jpg

I'll be surprised if we don't get a scene where someone calls him a Gaurdian or something. But Diggle as a character has been one of the bigger, broader successes of the Arrowverse, with the character even crossing over, albeit somewhat changed, into the comics.

It's a good opportunity to continue that and try to create a hero that might have wider appeal than even just the Arrow tv show.

Frog-fu

Banned
I'd be cool with Diggle being the getaway driver that occasionally gets to fight, but for real doe, the man got a family now, he can't be running around cleaning up after Olly like he used to.

I want Diggle to be Guardian and related to Roy. With zero explanation.

No. It should have an explanation, and it should be that Roy is a clone of Diggle.

I'd be cool with Diggle being the getaway driver that occasionally gets to fight, but for real doe, the man got a family now, he can't be running around cleaning up after Olly like he used to.

A character arc that should have been covered far more in depth during S3. It fit perfectly with the theme of the season. At some point during S4 it should be covered far more in depth to make up for that.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Take solace in the fact that it can't possibly live up to expectations.

Unless, Chesthair comes out of nowhere and leaps off the top rope:

ShqkSnr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom