• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup checked it again... Stephen should've never replied to the comment. I wouldn't be surprised if Tom there is getting a bunch of not so nice messages to go along with the comments.

And what is it with "haters" being so commonly used for anyone who doesn't think season three or "Olicity" are the greatest things ever?

tumblr_inline_n78u1hxvAZ1rkf4dx.gif

The finishing move should be called The Salmon Ladder.

Or perhaps the Radioactive, but that would only fly in here.

Frog-fu

Banned
I'm reading the comments and they're all so butt hurt about it. It's hilarious.

Olicity will have truly ruined this show if season 4 is a repeat of season 3.

Frog-fu

Banned
Posted yet? About Iris' new role in Season 2.

This would have been confidence inspiring news if not for the way Arrow handled Felicity being given a bigger role. The CW in general is pretty shit at romance because it panders so much to its demographic to the point of letting them run the asylum. If they can spare Iris the weepy crocodile tears every time Barry makes a decision, that'd be great. I hope they get it right this time.

Posted yet? About Iris' new role in Season 2.

This would have been confidence inspiring news if not for the way Arrow handled Felicity being given a bigger role. The CW in general is pretty shit at romance because it panders so much to its demographic to the point of letting them run the asylum. If they can spare Iris the weepy crocodile tears every time Barry makes a decision, that'd be great. I hope they get it right this time.

I think it'll work out better with Iris because the scenario here is different. In S3 of Arrow, Oliver had a death wish and Felicity was just trying to hold it together. It also didn't help that Felicity's role as a leader was a step-sideways from the light-hearted moral center, especially when you consider the significantly darker tone of S3. Felicity was also always the most emotionally unstable character of the show, next to Thea. Putting her in a leadership role was never a good idea, especially when Diggle is RIGHT THERE.

RIGHT.

THERE.

However, Iris was generally a nothing throughout S1 of The Flash. Putting her into a leadership role is elevating her as opposed to moving sideways. Plus, Iris has demonstrated more of a commanding attitude than Felicity did before S3 of Arrow. Grodd Lives was a great example of Iris in that position.

Joni

Felicity was a bit character in Green Arrow, Iris is absolutely vital to The Flash comics. It is important to use her more.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The Candyman has been cast as the voice of Zoom for Flash's Second Season.

tony-todd-zoom-the-flash.jpg

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-flash-zoom-tony-todd-season-2-villain-1201581891/

On the look of Zoom in the upcoming season:

Kreisberg compares Zoom’s appearance to Venom in Marvel’s Spider-Man, revealing, “The Zoom outfit is much more organic than the Reverse-Flash suit. In a way, it’s hard to tell if it is a suit or alive… There’s no skin showing, for all you know there’s a robot underneath, or dark energy.”

Yo, we getting
The Rival.

GkJrJon.png

ZeroX03

Banned
This Zoom stuff doesn't sound like Zolomon. And I kind of don't want it to be him, his arc would be much cooler later into the series. I'm feeling more of a Daniel West here. Could tie in with the West family storyline that we'll presumably be seeing.

I knew the teasing was way too hard. They have to GL at this point.

Why would they? Did Rick Cosnett leave the show?

He's recurring on another show now.

Shaanyboi

Banned
If we're getting a Lantern we better get Hal.

Eh... I don't know how necessary it is that it be Hal. Ollie has never been portrayed in the show to be as "left-wing" as in the comics, which is kinda key to how his and Hal's perspectives clash.

Joni

What if instead of a Green Lantern appearance, it just makes that Green Lantern movie canon?
Well, this will allow Guggenheim to prove the rewrites killed that movie, not his script.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's a thing to be played during commercials on TV as a sort of network ident, not something for nerds on the internet to cream themselves over.

This month is going to be excruciating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom