• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
Well, there it is
redtornado-149649.jpg

Iddo Goldberg (Salem, Peaky Blinders) has been cast for the role of “Dr. T.O. Morrow (aka Red Tornado)” on CBS's Supergirl, ComicBook.com has learned exclusively.

According to Warner Bros. Television, Red Tornado is the most advanced android the world has ever seen. Designed by scientist T.O. Morrow for the U.S. Army as the ultimate superweapon, he soon becomes sentient, posing a grave danger to National City -- including the people Supergirl cares about most.
http://comicbook.com/2015/09/01/exclusive-supergirl-casts-iddo-goldberg-as-dr-t-o-morrow-the-red/

Shaanyboi

Banned
So Red Tornado IS Morrow in this series?

Huh.

Dunno how I feel about that.

I'm not super familiar with Red Tornado stories from the comics (I'd see him show up from time to time, just never knew much about him.) But I did like his plot in Young Justice, building an android to experience being human. It would be neat if he modeled it after Morrow, and at some point faced his actual creator. Have the actor play both or something.

zulux21

so... vixen really needs to be longer, so much of the conversations feel like the cliff notes versions of what should be going on.

"I am an expert with 3 phds."
"what can you tell me about my stuff."
"I can only tell you 10 words about it because that is all time permits even though I should be able to go into great detail."
"only 10 words then forget it"
"no give me my 10 words"
"fine"
10 words later
"bye"

:/ I spoilered it but I went so off key that it's unlikely to spoil anything lol.

also... 52 million dollar question. not even a subtle nod to the new 52 and just comes as very awkward :/

I'm not super familiar with Red Tornado stories from the comics (I'd see him show up from time to time, just never knew much about him.) But I did like his plot in Young Justice, building an android to experience being human. It would be neat if he modeled it after Morrow, and at some point faced his actual creator. Have the actor play both or something.

That's pretty much Red Tornado in a nutshell. He's essentially DC's Vision. If they don't do that, I'll be surprised. That being said, I'm surprised he's showing up in this show at all. Although T.O. would be a good villain to have for the Arrowverse.

Sean

Banned
Lmao what the hell is that? Not only is it lifted from Magneto but the helmet doesn't hide his identity, limits his peripheral vision, and looks goofy as fuck.

The fact that the crew seems proud of this shit is making me kinda worried about S4 tbh.

Tabby

Lmao what the hell is that? Not only is it lifted from Magneto but the helmet doesn't hide his identity, limits his peripheral vision, and looks goofy as fuck.

The fact that the crew seems proud of this shit is making me kinda worried about S4 tbh.
They can't exactly go "ahahah we ruined Diggle's costume our bad guys"

Just seeing that image makes me think this new season is going to be as bad as 3. Wow that is a terrible costume.
Yep. Any good will I had toward this season righting the ship has been immediately dispelled with whatever the fuck that picture is supposed to be. How the fuck did anyone think that looked good?

Yeaaaaaah, that's... not great.

Better than the comic Guardian suit posted above, but definitely not great. Hopefully it's just a problem with the lighting.

Sean

Banned
They can't exactly go "ahahah we ruined Diggle's costume our bad guys"

Sure, but the fact that someone at DC/WB saw this atrocious shit and then seemingly thought it was so cool and should be one of the first promotional images released to get fans hyped for the new season... Yikes.

I haven't seen this many people laughing at a costume since NBC's Wonder Woman with Adrianne Palicki a few years back. I'd even argue that was better designed than this shit.

strafer

Sure, but the fact that someone at DC/WB saw this atrocious shit and then seemingly thought it was so cool and should be one of the first promotional images released to get fans hyped for the new season... Yikes.

I haven't seen this many people laughing at a costume since NBC's Wonder Woman with Adrianne Palicki a few years back. I'd even argue that was better designed than this shit.

Pics?

Woah, now, let's not get crazy.

ZeroX03

Banned
Jesus some of the reactions. "Season four is fucked!" "Keep them away from Flash!" Really?

Everyone thought the Atom helmet was silly until they saw it in action. Considering it's Arrow I highly doubt we'll ever see it that well lit in the show.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if his helmet will do something to fill in the gaps. Like some kind of visor will slide down from inside or something. It just looks waaaay too much like a Magneto helmet for them to say "Yeah, let's go with this!" They can't be THAT stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom