• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frog-fu

Banned
Somewhere, someone approved of this image, and I don't know why
diggle-photoshop-149874.jpg

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/03/arrow-first-look-at-diggles-costume/

obama_laughing.jpg

And to think errybody was hoping for something more like this

Joni

Can't get worried about the costume until I see it in action. ATOM looked crappy in stills too but was awesome in action.

Any updates on the release of The Flash soundtrack?

And to think errybody was hoping for something more like this

I feel like they could have easily created something similar to The Flash's mask if they would have gone in this direction. Missed opportunity.

Can't get worried about the costume until I see it in action. ATOM looked crappy in stills too but was awesome in action.

I felt the opposite. It looked great in the reveal image but looks hilariously bad on the show.

Somewhere, someone approved of this image, and I don't know why
diggle-photoshop-149874.jpg

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/03/arrow-first-look-at-diggles-costume/
tumblr_mwl1fdOIi71qz8x31o1_500.gif

Embrace it
Jesus some of the reactions. "Season four is fucked!" "Keep them away from Flash!" Really?

Everyone thought the Atom helmet was silly until they saw it in action. Considering it's Arrow I highly doubt we'll ever see it that well lit in the show.

I still think the Atom suit looks stupid. Mostly because of the visor. Reminds me of Avalanche in X-Men Evolution

Sean

Banned
Woah, now, let's not get crazy.

They both look like awful cosplay attempts, but at least Wonder Woman had the excuse of being a pilot episode filmed on a strict deadline (iirc they were improving the costume as it was actually filming). I consider this Diggle helmet worse cause they've had literally years and this is the lazy shit they came up with.

I hope we see footage of it in the trailer tonight, maybe it'll look better with the proper lighting. But in that promo pic he looks like a complete doofus.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Diggle's helmet doesn't look any better in the trailer.

I don't know why but Oliver running in the beginning makes me laugh every time I watch it.

Kouichi

Seeing the Diggle mask in action actually made me feel a bit better about it. It's still an all around awful idea but I can live it.

The rest looked fun!

Looks pretty good. I'm hoping the "Felicity does action" moments are fewer and farther between than it looks, but other than that no complaints. Diggle suit looks better with a visor and decent lighting, but still not great; needs more eye and mouth exposure, it's really pinched looking as is.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
That sound mix was totally out of whack. Or am I (not) hearing things? Kinda took me out of the experience if that makes any sense. Diggle mask is still bad, but I was right in that it does have a visor (albeit a clear one... it should be tinted or something), but the rest looks good.

Frog-fu

Banned
Trailer looks half decent. Oliver jogging in the burbs at the start is funny af. Diggle's helmet looks better in the trailer with the visor on. I'm not sure how I feel about him continuing to fight crime after Oliver retired and him having a young child, but someone needs to look after Laurel and Speedy, I guess.

Trailer looks half decent. Oliver jogging in the burbs at the start is funny af. Diggle's helmet looks better in the trailer with the visor on. I'm not sure how I feel about him continuing to fight crime after Oliver retired and him having a young child, but someone needs to look after Laurel and Speedy, I guess.

Not getting him out of the field this year, not when the organization that payed Deadshot to kill his brother is the season's big bad.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
There's plenty of good stuff in the trailer, but it's obvious the usual guy who does the weekly Flash/Arrow "next week" trailers didn't cut this one.

That guy deserves more money. I don't even know how much he's paid and he deserve more.

Looks okay and as obvious as it is that those "bad ass" Felicity scenes are kinda sorta pandering to those fans it didn't bother me, at least she's still not competent in that area. Diggle's helmet looks a little better in action and thankfully does have a visor but I'm still expecting a HUD inside it with various software/tech inside it, with all the tech nerds. I might be down with overly violent, slightly psycho Thea and the Nyssa/Malcolm power struggle. Oh and Constantine shot! I really do hope they can fix Felicity but since season two she's had moments of being grating and I'm afriad that no matter what they try to do she's gone too deep into the realm of "bitch eating crackers".

Speaking of, I am scared about Felicity's friend being "another Felicity", Ray was already that (as both shows even addressed) but I'm even more scared about them apparently doing the same thing with Patty Spivot on The Flash.

Hopefully the flashbacks are actually entertaining/interesting this season, Oliver looks like maybe he'll actually be doing proto-Arrow shit this year so maybe.

Oh god another love triangle Felicity arc incoming.
With who, the gay guy?

Maybe he has a bi-sexual boyfriend? "Love triangle? Fuck that we're doing a love pentagon!" *CW logo flashes across the screen*

Oh and I find it a little gross that a certain segment of fans have affectionately nicknamed Marc Guggenheim, "Guggie".

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Diggles mask looks fucking atrocious in the trailer.... Why? Damien Dark looks great though, perfect actor for the role.

I predict we are going to have another " B-BUT OILVER" Moment.

Oh and Hey it's Constantine!

Dat Constantine cameo in the trailer, so hype. Needs to see the smirk again.

Kinda hype with Constantine.

Like the YouTube comment said, "Really, everyone is waiting for the S2 Flash trailer".

Looks okay and as obvious as it is that those "bad ass" Felicity scenes are kinda sorta pandering to those fans it didn't bother me, at least she's still not competent in that area. Diggle's helmet looks a little better in action and thankfully does have a visor but I'm still expecting a HUD inside it with various software/tech inside it, with all the tech nerds. I might be down with overly violent, slightly psycho Thea and the Nyssa/Malcolm power struggle. Oh and Constantine shot! I really do hope they can fix Felicity but since season two she's had moments of being grating and I'm afriad that no matter what they try to do she's gone too deep into the realm of "bitch eating crackers".

Speaking of, I am scared about Felicity's friend being "another Felicity", Ray was already that (as both shows even addressed) but I'm even more scared about them apparently doing the same thing with Patty Spivot on The Flash.

Hopefully the flashbacks are actually entertaining/interesting this season, Oliver looks like maybe he'll actually be doing proto-Arrow shit this year so maybe.

Maybe he has a bi-sexual boyfriend? "Love triangle? Fuck that we're doing a love pentagon!" *CW logo flashes across the screen*

Oh and I find it a little gross that a certain segment of fans have affectionately nicknamed Marc Guggenheim, "Guggie".

The bolded is what's really important here.

That was a very poor trailer though.

Joni

Oh no, Felicity kicked someone in the groin. They're going too action with her!!!!!!!!!
Aside from stupid sarcasm, can't wait for October. One month to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom