• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It'd be interesting if they have some of these other speedsters use the speedforce in unique ways, like flight or super strength.

Has this been posted yet? It's a recent interview with Phil Klemmer about Legends of Tomorrow.

Legends of Tomorrow: Phil Klemmer Talks Hawkman, Romance, Atom vs. Ant-Man & More

One interesting tidbit on the comparison between Ant-Man and The Atom:

atomantman-300x150.jpg

Are there any challenges in bringing The Atom to weekly television when we just had an Ant-Man movie – and to make him different?

The only challenge is how expensive his costume costs, and the danger that we actually injure him doing stunts, because his costume actually costs not just more than a car — more than, like, your average American home — so the scariest thing about Atom is I’m thinking, like, “when do you use a digital double, and when do you use Brandon?” I mean, obviously Brandon is irreplaceable.

I loved Ant-Man and I love Paul Rudd, and I think he’s a hilarious guy, but to me, they’re just such different people — the fact that they share a crossover of powers… it also helped that I was thinking about Legends of Tomorrow before I ever saw Ant-Man. I mean, if I hadn’t started to write this first, I just never would have seen that, because you don’t want to be contaminated with another pre-existing idea.

To me, Ray is a billionaire do-gooder with a secret and Paul Rudd (Scott Lang) is like a wisecracking cat burglar. So aside from the fact that they shrink, I don’t see a whole lot of overlap.

danielcw

I don't watch Arrow, but watched Flash, and the Legends teaser.
Can Ray already shrink in Arrow? Is he already called Atom? Did that name come before or after shrinking?

On Arrow, he accidentally shrunk himself when he was experimenting with the nanotech he implemented into his exosuit. The suit itself is called A.T.O.M. (Advanced Technology Operating Mechanism)

The LoT trailer implies that he was presumed dead. The shrinking caused a huge explosion that destroyed his lab and then there's the fact that he would've gone missing after the incident.

I hope they add some visual upgrades to the suit's design. For such an expensive costume, it sure could look a lot better.

danielcw

ATOM yes, Arrow Finale gave him his shrinking ability in the zinger

So what is the reasoning for the name Atom if he could not shrink before?
Is it an acronym?
(something I should know, from the Flash episode he appeared in?)

EDIT: my question got ninja'ed :)

ZeroX03

Banned
Arrow |OT| Justice
Flash |OT| League
Legends |OT| Doom

Has this been posted yet? It's a recent interview with Phil Klemmer about Legends of Tomorrow.

Legends of Tomorrow: Phil Klemmer Talks Hawkman, Romance, Atom vs. Ant-Man & More

One interesting tidbit on the comparison between Ant-Man and The Atom:
Legends of Tomorrow: "There’ll be more sex than romance."

So what is the reasoning for the name Atom if he could not shrink before?
Is it an acronym?
(something I should know, from the Flash episode he appeared in?)

EDIT: my question got ninja'ed :)

Advanced Technology Operating Mechanism, previous OMAC or One-Man-Army Corps. Which I think is cooler.

iosefe

but it works still...

the flash one represents Barry and Jay about to collide at the end of a Brick wall

the arrow one is self explanatory, as is the Legends one

Joni

The LoT trailer implies that he was presumed dead. The shrinking caused a huge explosion that destroyed his lab and then there's the fact that he would've gone missing after the incident.
The trailer doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. It will play out differently because they have more time to set it up via Flash and Arrow now. He might be coming back in Arrow already.

I'm just adding context to that short scene in the trailer for those who haven't seen Arrow S3 and aren't aware of what happened to Ray. True, it will play out differently. The situation may end up being similar though!

Joni

Indeed. I just wanted to 'warn' that it might not be 100% the same as they only taped that trailer to have a trailer, unlike Supergirl where the trailer is part of the pilot.

Joni

Is this true that he's going to be the villain on all three shows?
No, we know the villains for both Arrow and Flash. Savage will be some kind of looming threat on both shows though, leading to the creation of the Whatever We Had Leftover Squad.

tim1138

Didn't Cisco use a Dr Light style gun during one of the season 2 cameos on Arrow?

And thank god they're not using Arthur Light.

Arrow |OT| Justice
Flash |OT| League
Legends |OT| Doom

Legends of Tomorrow: "There’ll be more sex than romance."

Advanced Technology Operating Mechanism, previous OMAC or One-Man-Army Corps. Which I think is cooler.

I personally like Observational Metahuman Activity Control.
also how are you supposed to say Jesse Quick's formula outloud?
do you have to solve the parenthesis first or...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom