• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neal McDonough looking awesome in it, but that isn't shocking.
And how will the city cope when they realize Ray isn't dead?

Some good stuff in there, but I am more excited for the Flash season 2 trailer.

WedgeX

Banned
Waiting in line at DragonCon for the Arrow panel with Stephen Amell. The line is around three full sides of the hotel to get in.

ReiGun

Rewatching the first season of The Flash and I'm on the crossover now.

The Arrow cast isn't just more charming when they're on The Flash; they're more charming when the Flash cast is around them even on their show. As if being in the same space causes them to change into likeable people instead of the fuckboys and fuckgirls they are normally.

Rewatching the first season of The Flash and I'm on the crossover now.

The Arrow cast isn't just more charming when they're on The Flash; they're more charming when the Flash cast is around them even on their show. As if being in the same space causes them to change into likeable people instead of the fuckboys and fuckgirls they are normally.

Honestly it's because of the levity that the The Flash cast brought. Team Arrow was able to get a little more lighthearted because of it. Team Flash allowed Team Arrow a brief reprieve from the much darker tone of S3 of Arrow.

An attendee filmed the Arrow Dragon Con panels. There's not much new information regarding Season 4 but the cast is fun to listen to; John Barrowman is a riot. They talk about the Superhero fight club promo, Amell's experience at Summerslam and of course
Olicity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRAvEQtnCz8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMc_5A6fjIE

The Flash also had a panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhHRZokj2yU

Here's an interesting quote from Candice Patton on the news about Iris having a larger leadership role:
“I don’t know where you guys are hearing this, but I think it’s a gross exaggeration that Iris is going to take over leadership at S.T.A.R. Labs. What I will say is that she does encourage Barry Allen to come back to S.T.A.R. Labs and get the team together and keep fighting to protect Central City. As far as being a leader at S.T.A.R. Labs? No, that doesn’t happen. Iris has a job. She works at Picture News and we know her as this iconic reporter and what I will say about her strength is that this season we will see her step into that role which I am very excited about because I think she has a lot to offer Team Flash in that way.”

zulux21

Here's an interesting quote from Candice Patton on the news about Iris having a larger leadership role:

sounds good to me, now downgrade her to just short roles here or there and let's try again with Patty Spivot and see if they can't get some chemistry going between her and Barry. as Barry and Iris don't have any chemistry on screen at all @_@ I mean we are in the new 52 universe anyways right :p

VanWinkle

I just found this out and it may be old news or unexciting to you guys, but Gotham season 1 is coming to Netflix US on September 21st. So less than two weeks away. I'm excited to finally watch it, especially since I'm huge into the batverse lately.

Rooster12

I'm up to ep. 9 of Arrow season 3.

Now that midseason finale is by far the best episode they've ever done. Better than all the Slade episodes in my opinion.

The early episodes of them hunting down Sara's killer was top-notch as well.

I thought the Cupid episode was garbage and didn't like the crossover either.

I'm guessing it's all downhill from here lol

Watching the Flash too, up to ep 8. This show kicks Arrow's ass all over the place. Even if there was no Harrison Wells it would still be a better show. The energy, the writing, the dialogue, the cheesiness is just perfect for a Flash show.

I'm up to ep. 9 of Arrow season 3.

Now that midseason finale is by far the best episode they've ever done. Better than all the Slade episodes in my opinion.

The early episodes of them hunting down Sara's killer was top-notch as well.

I thought the Cupid episode was garbage and didn't like the crossover either.

I'm guessing it's all downhill from here lol

Watching the Flash too, up to ep 8. This show kicks Arrow's ass all over the place. Even if there was no Harrison Wells it would still be a better show. The energy, the writing, the dialogue, the cheesiness is just perfect for a Flash show.

You shut yo damn mouth!
tumblr_inline_neyhflTTZn1r7vlsl.gif

Goddammit why are they showcasing the new helmet by having him stand with his head at an awkward angle?? It makes the already stupid looking helmet look stupider.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The worst part is I think they photoshopped it on?

Yeah doesnt look natural at all. Man i feel bad for Diggle he looks like a total badass without the helm...put the helm on and he looks like a clown lol.

Pachimari

I have a hard time getting excited about Legends of Tomorrow. It is probably the "superhero" show I am least excited about. I like the characters of Dr Stein, Atom and White Canary but Heatwave does nothing for me, and Captain Cold is probably the worst villain I have seen in any of these shows.

I can't wait for The Flash, Arrow, Gotham and Supergirl though. Probably Lucifer as well but that's an uncertain one. Are there other DC shows airing this season other than the mentioned, besides iZombie?

Pachimari

I really wonder how much of a role Constantine will have in Arrow? Or if he'll just be kind of character who do a cameo once in a while as a joke character.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Those arrow and Flash dragoncon panels were fantastic. Worth tracking them all down on youtube just for the broken chair, compliment one person while asking another a question, and Barrowman sexually harassing all the other cast members.

I wonder if the helmet is to allow Diggle to use a stuntman\double more due to his back injury.

ZeroX03

Banned
From TVLine. Also Robbie Amell and Victor Garber will be in the Flash premiere, if it wasn't obvious.

When Season 4 opens, "The city has declined drastically despite the best efforts of Dig, Speedy and Black Canary," executive producer Wendy Mericle previews. "And with the arrival of Damien Darhk (Justified's Neal McDonough) on the scene, it's obviously big stakes." Hence, Oliver and Felicity's return – though not everyone is welcoming back the archer with open arms. Dig is still "frosty" toward his "brother," Mericle says, while Quentin still is not thrilled with the masked vigilantes yet has come to see them "as a necessary evil." Speaking of the Lance clan, Constantine (guest star Matt Ryan) will be "key" in resurrecting Sara, whose presence will be met by "very different reactions" from her family. As for Thea, her secret identity and new love interest (Suburgatory's Parker Young) will force her to tackle a challenge Oliver is all too familiar with: "She's now a superhero, and she wants to have a normal life," Mericle notes. "How does she balance both of those things?"

BONUS SPOILER!: Mericle shared this cryptic tease after we mentioned a popular fan theory about Oliver running for Mayor: "He will definitely be coming more to the fore as Oliver Queen and balancing that with his new role as the Green Arrow. He'll be bringing some light to the city. I can't say exactly how, but that's his goal."

Following last May's wormhole cliffhanger, the first DC character to take on the Flash title — Jay Garrick (Masters of Sex's Teddy Sears) — arrives from the past and becomes a mentor to Barry. But what about the man who guided him until now? "Harrison Wells will be back, but he's going to be a very different Harrison Wells than we've seen before," exec producer Gabrielle Stanton previews. But how (or should we say, from where/when?) will he return? "We've got other worlds. We've got other timelines. All I'm going to say is he's from one of those places," the EP replies with a laugh. Elsewhere, Iris is dealing with Eddie's death by throwing herself into her work, so Barry's eye may turn to police officer Patty Spivot (One Tree Hill's Shantel VanSanten), who "becomes a 'What if?'" possibility for the young hero.

BONUS SPOILER!: Caitlin's new hubby Ronnie "is going to play a big role in [her] development" – did anyone else feel a chill? – while Cisco's Vibe journey will take on "a slower burn," Stanton teases.

Thanks, that's a much better version.

From TVLine. Also Robbie Amell and Victor Garber will be in the Flash premiere, if it wasn't obvious.

That part about Jay being from the past has to be a mistake right?

I wonder how they'll handle Robbie's departure from the series. Maybe he'll die in the wormhole incident. Poor Caitlin.

Everything sounds pretty good so far!

ZeroX03

Banned
That part about Jay being from the past has to be a mistake right?

I wonder how they'll handle Robbie's departure from the series. Maybe he'll die in the wormhole incident. Poor Caitlin.

Everything sounds pretty good so far!

Not necessarily. Jay Garrick could be from the past of Earth-2. Combining both elements of the comics so to speak.

Robbie Amell isn't confirmed to be leaving the series either. Last I heard he's happy recurring. That's not to say he'll continue being Firestorm mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom