• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
How many suits do you guys think Barry will destroy this season? I'm thinking at least 3, gotta keep Cisco busy.

ReiGun

*sigh*

Stephen Amell needs to stop tweeting right now...
Generalizing Texas based on systemic and institutionalized discrimination is totes just like... the institutionalized and systemic discrimination that leads to a young man being arrested because his Muslim background and brown skin turns his homemade clock into a bomb in the eyes of inept school officials and police.

Totes.

Whats bad about what he posted?

He offended the Twitter mob by pointing out hypocrisy in stereotyping Texans and is guilty trying to change the dialog or something something needs to check his privilege.

Basically he's not very good at these sort of things and should know and does know better but he seems to have a bad habit of internet foot in mouth when it comes to subjects he has an attachment to.

So, anyone see South Park tonight?

Shaanyboi

Banned

According to him, claiming Texas has systemic problems when dealing with race is apparently profiling in the same way a 14 year old muslim kid with a science project (a clock) getting arrested for making a faux bomb is... He then further decided to go "Hey man, my wife is from Texas and people from Texas are nice to me!" as if that somehow disqualifies the fact that this kid was racially profiled and arrested as a potential threat.

His attempt to go "hey guys, being upset at Texas is just as bad" bit him in the ass and he got called out for it.

He posted a video apology and is gonna take a break from social media for a bit.

Frog-fu

Banned

Amell equated individuals expressing no suprise the incident occured in Texas - a state with a long and well documented history of intolerance and bigotry of all varities- with the shameful actions of the educators and police involved.

It was a tone deaf response to public outrage and condemnation against the profiling and bigotry a 14 year old boy suffered simply because of his name and the colour of his skin.

According to him, claiming Texas has systemic problems when dealing with race is apparently profiling in the same way a 14 year old muslim kid with a science project (a clock) getting arrested for making a faux bomb is... He then further decided to go "Hey man, my wife is from Texas and people from Texas are nice to me!" as if that somehow disqualifies the fact that this kid was racially profiled and arrested as a potential threat.

His attempt to go "hey guys, being upset at Texas is just as bad" bit him in the ass and he got called out for it.

He posted a video apology and is gonna take a break from social media for a bit.

Amell equated individuals expressing no suprise the incident occured in Texas - a state with a long and well documented history of intolerance and bigotry of all varities- with the shameful actions of the educators and police involved.

It was a tone deaf response to public outrage and condemntation against the profiling and bigotry a 14 year old boy suffered simply because of his name and the colour of his skin.

Pretty much "AllLivesMatter"ed the situation.

strafer

I hope they don't fire him because of this.

When shit like this happens in world its just better to keep your opinions to yourself. Especailly if you're a celeb.

I don't think anything that drastic will happen. Worst case scenario, he'll have to do a few PSAs.

Unlike most people who pull this, I don't get the impression he was trying to deflect away from legitimate concerns.

He apologized and seems to know that he fucked up. I guess he is taking a break from social media to let it all blow over and not open himself up to doing something stupid again in defense. So he is smart in that respect.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Nor should he.

He expressed an opinion that came from a good place and wasn't even that offensive. That shouldn't land him in trouble even if he is wrong.

Yeah, it's a minor snafu caused by either an inability to articulate the point or a lack of understanding of the bigger picture politics at play.

It doesn't even deserve the 6 page thread it's gotten as punishment.

Frog-fu

Banned
Yeah, it's a minor snafu caused by either an inability to articulate the point or a lack of understanding of the bigger picture politics at play.

It doesn't even deserve the 6 page thread it's gotten as punishment.

When I saw the thread I rolled my eyes knowing that it would amount to little more than Amell being bashed for a couple of pages until people lost interest.

He said something stupid but it was only as offensive at it was stupid - which doesn't make it that offensive the way I see it.

New Flash poster?

CO9SCegUAAIr3KC.jpg

mVhqkiB.png

danielcw

Needs more Tom Welling and Bart Allen/Impulse :)

I have no idea from where the little bit on Flash's left shoulder is from, left from our perspective, could be one the Blur's costumes from Smallvile. What is it?

Oh EDIT: there is actually Smallville's Green Arrow in the top left. Mistook him for Arrow's Arrow at first.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
So I've been catching up on the first season of The Flash during the summer reruns. Something I wondered about Barry just running to some pizza place and grabbing pizzas and running back, spending no more than a fraction of a second in the restaurant. How exactly does he conduct the transaction without incurring huge suspicions? Even if he paid with credit card, one would think the pizzas just abruptly disappearing might raise a few eyebrows. (And if he DID pay by card, then they have a name to go with it.)

Official synopsis are out for the first episodes of Arrow and Flash this season.

"Green Arrow" (October 7, 2015)
Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity’s (Emily Bett Rickards) blissful getaway is cut short when Thea (Willa Holland) and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) pay them a visit and tell Oliver they need his help back in Star City. The city has been attacked by "Ghosts", assassins led by a dangerous man named Damien Darhk (guest star Neil McDonough). However, when Oliver returns, Diggle (David Ramsey) makes it very clear that he doesn’t want Oliver on the team.
"The Man Who Saved Central City" (October 6, 2015)
Picking up months after the Singularity attacked Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) is still struggling to forgive himself for Eddie’s death. Concerned about putting his friends in danger, Barry has pushed everyone away and has chosen to protect the city on his own. When a meta-human known as "Atom-Smasher" (guest star Adam Copeland) attacks the city, Iris (Candice Patton) tells Barry that he needs to let his friends help him protect the citizens of Central City. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) helps Joe (Jesse L. Martin) with his newly-assembled Meta Task Force.

So I've been catching up on the first season of The Flash during the summer reruns. Something I wondered about Barry just running to some pizza place and grabbing pizzas and running back, spending no more than a fraction of a second in the restaurant. How exactly does he conduct the transaction without incurring huge suspicions? Even if he paid with credit card, one would think the pizzas just abruptly disappearing might raise a few eyebrows. (And if he DID pay by card, then they have a name to go with it.)

drop $30 on the counter and be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom