• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.
yyPG1FO.png

Because he grew up not having access to his own comics but his father's (?) collection. So he would burn through those. Then when he jumped into modern readership it was midway through Crisis and Barry Allen dies and that jump and character obviously stuck with him. I think that's right, I'm trying to recall his Fat Man on Batman episode where he mentions all this.

He grew up during silver age. I didn't start reading DC comics until right around New 52 hit so I'm not so bitter about a lot of characters being shifted in favor of the originals, I still go back and read older books and enjoy them regardless of their canon status. Losing the JSA sucks though, It wouldn't be so bad if Earth 2 were a better book.

People blanket blame Johns & Didio but I'm guessing their creative process is more of a committee (I think Didio said he leaned on Rucka, Johns & one other person when he started at DC).
Thanks for the answers, guys.

Schweinehund, I don't mind it neither, for example the Flash of new 52 is a great read, I don't care if the Flash is Barry Allen. However, I have not read any Wally West stories.

ZeroX03

Banned
See what I don't get about killing Ronnie is that it completely loses the storyline between Firestorm and Killer Frost. Which presumably was the point of the two characters in the first place, you've got a co-dependent, tragic star corssed hero villain dynamic between the two. I'm not sure why they'd cut that off at the legs. My hope is that they just split and Ronnie he loses the Matrix
because honestly Caitlin isn't very interesting otherwise.

See what I don't get about killing Ronnie is that it completely loses the storyline between Firestorm and Killer Frost. Which presumably was the point of the two characters in the first place, you've got a co-dependent, tragic star corssed hero villain dynamic between the two. I'm not sure why they'd cut that off at the legs. My hope is that they just split and Ronnie he loses the Matrix
because honestly Caitlin isn't very interesting otherwise.

Ronnie's death could be caused by Killer Frost.

Maybe Caitlin becomes Killer Frost due to some malfunction of the Firestorm Matrix, Ronnie fuses with her to cancel it out, but since it's fusing hot with cold instead of fire, it cancels both power sets out. Ronnie is more dependent on his powers, and Ronnie dies.

Later, one of the other Killer Frosts becomes a vilain.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
All wrong. It's clearly a funeral for their friend Hal Jordan, who went missing during a test flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom