• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

So, did you make the Arrow (left) or Flash (right) top 25 Justice League of GAF?

tukuty.png
hufgxj.png

FlashGAF #1, Wally West #1!

Seems like I really care more about Arrow than about The Flash.

Victor Garber on the other half of Firestorm in Legends of Tomorrow: "oh, he'll be around, he'll be there.".

I wonder if they'll get Amell or if they'll just switch Firestorm forms.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah I agree no need for spoiler tags in this topic.

Anyway it's nice to see a general DCTV thread. Nice big DC community forming in the TV world and I love it.

The tricky thing is that means an assumption that everyone is up to speed with all series. That could be tricky. Maybe you want to find out about super girl but haven't finished season 1 of the flash? (This is me).

Joni

That's because as soon as an episode of the show dropped, a bunch of people would be quick to call the show garbage and you were one of its most adamant defenders.
Indeed. I had less work defending The Flash. The shitting on Arrow was really ridiculous and it stood in the way of real discussions on the problem. But not really as soon as, I'm always 16 hours behind.

The tricky thing is that means an assumption that everyone is up to speed with all series. That could be tricky. Maybe you want to find out about super girl but haven't finished season 1 of the flash? (This is me).
Arrow and The Flash are the only ones without a dedicated topic. Supergirl has one.

Then, well, I'd get better at skimming :p

The problem is that with some 5-odd shows, you can't really expect people to be 100% on top of spoilering everything, not unless they cloaked ever post in spoiler tags. Y'gotta roll with the punches a little, I guess.

Guys do we think I might like The Flash or something?

Gotta make top 3 in both threads to qualify as one of the OG 7.

Chilikar

what the fuck at Slade falling in love with Shado... how old is Slade supposed to be around the time Shado was around?

Yeah I found that incredibly weird too. And what makes it worse is that he is likely to have a wife too since he mentions his son during a flashback. I mean imagine, this guys been gone for at least 5 years, and spends an extra two stalking Oliver rather than actually going back and spending time with his family. Instead he goes psycho because a little crush of his was murdered in front of him

Well, they already introduced Jason Rusch. Maybe they could be planning to make him the other half if Amell doesn't come back.

There are a few things they could do.

Ostrander's run had Ronnie and Stein seperate but keep the powers, with Ronnie becoming the classic Firestorm and Stein bonding with a mystical elemental force.

New 52 had Ronnie and Jason both able to become Firestorm seperately (With Ronnie having the more brute force powers and Jason having the atomic manipulation) and then combine their Firestorm forms into a more powerful Firestorm-Voltron thing called Fury.

Wiktor

Yeah I found that incredibly weird too. And what makes it worse is that he is likely to have a wife too since he mentions his son during a flashback. I mean imagine, this guys been gone for at least 5 years, and spends an extra two stalking Oliver rather than actually going back and spending time with his family. Instead he goes psycho because a little crush of his was murdered in front of him

Welll...mirakuru did come with a psyhosis. Before he was happy to shut up and let Oliver and Shado be together. And there really isn't that huge difference between Slade and Shado age-wise

His motivations were shaky, but Manu managed to sell them just fine to me. Especially there was this scene when he captured Oliver and kept him on a boat and Oliver tried to reason with him and Slade was just "I don't care". At this moment he sold it to me. :)

Joni

Manu Bennett has 16 years on Celina Jade. On the other hand, he also has 15 years on Cynthia Addai-robinson and 12 on Lesley Ann Brandt. The romance between Crixus and Naevia didn't have the age difference matter.

So the arrow/flash comics are canon for sure?

Didn't know Bronze Tiger was dead until someone said it happened in the comics. WTB Khem Adam season 4 then.

Joni

I don't read the comics so he is alive to me. They really have to tie back the comics into the show if they plan on doing important stuff.

Manu Bennett has 16 years on Celina Jade. On the other hand, he also has 15 years on Cynthia Addai-robinson and 12 on Lesley Ann Brandt. The romance between Crixus and Naevia didn't have the age difference matter.

A man in his prime can't lust after a younger woman? It isn't as if they were in a relationship or anything.

Wiktor

They can, I'm just saying there is a significant age difference.

Sure, but not very big one. Plenty of happy couples in real life with that kind of age difference. Especially since Shado was already an adult woman. It's not like 32 years old Slade was lusting after highschool girl :)

Plus this is CW. We've had pairings with 1000 years age difference there :D

Not surprised I'm not on the Arrow list. I don't post a lot, but the Arrow thread became absolutely insufferable so I mostly checked out.

Anyway, it looks like Stephen Amell feels he hasn't spent enough time shirtless.

Stephen Amell Wrestling In SummerSlam Against WWE Superstar Stardust

“Steven is looking to get in the ring for the WWE and the match looks like it will take place at SummerSlam in NYC,” a source tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY.

Stephen, who is a huge wrestling buff, got the attention of pro-fighter Stardust, when he tweeted that he would be present at the WWE star’s big match with Neville on May 27. Stephen and Stardust got in a friendly tiff on Twitter, where the wrestler insisted that Stephen is putting up a front as “just an actor,” when he knows the 34-year-old is actually his comic book character, Arrow. So funny!

damn Oliver went in on Laurel... though I can understand why she acted the way she did towards Sarah. Season 2 has been as fun as Season 1 so far, I already dislike post-Mirakuru Slade lol

I'm pretty much happy with what the show is, but I'd enjoy The Flash even more if they didn't spend a third of every. single. episode re-explaining every. damn. thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom