• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

KonradLaw

There is only one slight problem with it being actual Arrowverse:
Everyone is doomed if Constantine doesn't stop Manny!

My guess is that's what his trip to hell's been about. Unless all DC shows are really one multiverse and it was really Constantine who's responsible for Lucifer's
mother escaping from prison in hell
;)

ZeroX03

Banned
I hope since he has more lead time for this episode that he puts more of his signature flair on it. I'm not a huge fan of Kevin Smith as a director, but if they're going to use him, I'd like for it to feel like something he directed. There was only that one scene with the car that felt like him last time.

His signature flair? What signature flair? The writing? Kevin Smith is a terrible visual director - really odd choice to go into horror - it's best that he just follows the formula and invigorates the actors and crew with his energy. That scene with the car was written in because he was directing though, for Jason Mewes.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
His signature flair? What signature flair? The writing? Kevin Smith is a terrible visual director - really odd choice to go into horror - it's best that he just follows the formula and invigorates the actors and crew with his energy. That scene with the car was written in because he was directing though, for Jason Mewes.

Yeah, I suppose it would have to be the writing. I can't think of anything visually that he does that sets him apart. He's written comics before. Nothing I'm a huge fan of but he could be involved with the process. I just don't get what there is to be excited about if he's just directing. Seems like more marketing than anything.

They should get one of the stunt guys to direct an episode like they do in Arrow. I want to see some good fight scenes on Flash.

Pachimari

I'm watching Legends of Tomorrow right now and Episode 7, 8 and 9 have been really good. I'm loving Sara and Ray, and I were shocked to see Chronus be Rory, so I hope they can convert him back. But I feel it was crap that they could just rebuild Snart's hand that easily. I mean, will any of the members even come out of the season with any consequences...

And I must have missed or paid half the attention to the episode with Jonah Hex, because I don't remember him popping up and I can't imagine he will turn up in the last episode where they'll probably take down Savage.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah, I suppose it would have to be the writing. I can't think of anything visually that he does that sets him apart. He's written comics before. Nothing I'm a huge fan of but he could be involved with the process. I just don't get what there is to be excited about if he's just directing. Seems like more marketing than anything.

They should get one of the stunt guys to direct an episode like they do in Arrow. I want to see some good fight scenes on Flash.

The cast and crew said it themselves, he brings enthusiasm and passion. Most TV directors are hired guns. They're not committed to the show or well versed in the source. They're absolute professionals who do their resources, but in a machine like network TV - cable is a little more focus on a strong directorial eye - someone who is there out of love and not money is a rare thing.

Writing is it's own beast. Kev has shown interest in the past but it's a little odd. We've been through his weird relationship with Arrow before.

I mean, will any of the members even come out of the season with any consequences...

Uhhhhhhhhhh.

Joni

Someone like Kevin Smith isn't really suited for writing this show. It is a team effort, with the four teams close together and finishing up the writings for episodes together, before someone flies up to Canada. If this was more of a writer-vehicle, maybe he could but not really in this setting.

If anyone is interested, the first TV Supergirl action figure seems to be starting to pop up in stores now. Here's hoping I can track down one for myself. I also still need to get Arrow and Flash from the same line. I have Reverse Flash already.
7t5gID2.jpg
9qAUBI2.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Stay tuned for the 4 night CW event. All the tech nerds on the network will make a Pokémon Go joke.

I have the game on my wish list. Maybe I'll download it, but I'm content just ignoring it right now.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Did Cisco ever used a pokemon shirt ?

I remember tetris, street fighter, lots of controller ones but not Pokemon
The video game shirts is kinda why I said Cisco in the first place. He seems to be the only real "gamer" in all the shows. I mean sure, they could have any of the other characters do it, even Ollie as a fun joke, but in reality, we know it'd be Cisco. God, we're nerds. Talking about what fictional character in a super hero show would play some Pokemon game on their phone, haha. What a time to be alive.

ZeroX03

Banned
Pokemon Go transcends regular nerdery. You know Caitlin is playing. Heat Wave too. I've been playing for centuries.

Platy

The video game shirts is kinda why I said Cisco in the first place. He seems to be the only real "gamer" in all the shows. I mean sure, they could have any of the other characters do it, even Ollie as a fun joke, but in reality, we know it'd be Cisco. God, we're nerds. Talking about what fictional character in a super hero show would play some Pokemon game on their phone, haha. What a time to be alive.

I like the version of one of the tweets replying to berlanti

YEsefDG.png

https://twitter.com/JarettSays/status/752613000159240192

Pokemon Go transcends regular nerdery. You know Caitlin is playing. Heat Wave too. I've been playing for centuries.

"...you FINALY have Pokemon GO ??? oh it is just the 150 and the graphics are ... I hate the past"

Joni

Maybe Flashpoint causes Pokémon GO to release sooner in the Arrowverse!
I should really sideload it. Stupid Niantec putting Europe behind.

ZeroX03

Banned
I was expecting New 52 silver and red. But this is classic, and it's beautiful. Will need to see it in motion but I think it might be the best heroic speedster suit yet.

Properly protruding ears and open cowl really distinguish it.

I was expecting New 52 silver and red. But this is classic, and it's beautiful. Will need to see it in motion but I think it might be the best heroic speedster suit yet.

Properly protruding ears and open cowl really distinguish it.

Rebirth has him in the yellow and red. Who knows if that influenced them or they independently decided against the silver.

ZeroX03

Banned
Rebirth has him in the yellow and red. Who knows if that influenced them or they independently decided against the silver.

I don't think the silver looks bad. It's just a very different look, and they've already got a man in a yellow suit running around. Also no idea what identity he would take (and we still aren't exactly sure, this boy is from Flashpoint not our universe).

After the Jay Garrick backlash I think they just went as traditional as possible.

Pachimari

I'm just happy they went with the classic suit for Kid Flash, actually also expected it, but that's more because I haven't seen him in much else, and always thinks of Kid Flash when I see a speedster in yellow and red.

Joni

I don't like the mask, but on the other hand, Barry's promotional stills weren't completely convincing either.

ZeroX03

Banned
Mask looks great, Joni to book appointment with optometrist confirmed.

Only weird thing would be if Keiynan's hair grows out. Right now it's good because it rounds out the look like Flash/RF, and redhead Wally is pretty long so it flows out. But a length in between the two with Keiynan's hair would look strange.

Wally having such short hair makes the open cowl a bit odd. But at the same time that's the classic Kid Flash type of mask.

Not to mention this just means I'm dreading the inevitable 'Wally pulls back his mask but the camera cuts away only to return with it off because of the stupid fucking chin strap issue like Barry that requires a new mask to be added between scenes'.

Top Bottom