• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

I don't think there's ever really any need to compare him to someone with a very controversial history and essentially say "well he doesn't appear to have sexually assaulted anyone... yet." That's a really dick move and no evidence to be insinuating such.

Didn't mean to have it come across that way, but I see how it was taken that way. My apologies.

Penguin

Joni

I hope they will evolve to contracts like these for all their series regulars. Would one of them really mind spending three-four weeks in Central instead of Star City? Like Thea or Diggle goes out camping with Barry.

I thought he were called something else in S1? What was it? Barrowman is Merlyn right?

I just saw episode 5 of Legends of Tomorrow and damn was it bad. I'm looking forward to the Star City Future episode though.

John Barrowman plays Malcolm Merlyn.

Also very important, we forgot to laugh at Grant Gustin's off-season look:

CmpmPwvUIAAc6Zf.jpg:large

ZeroX03

Banned

Based Barrowman!

This would be cool if they knew what they were doing with the character, but I'm not sure they do. Plus Cold makes a lot more sense, he feel into a time pit and has deep roots in two shows.

Side characters being regulars across multiple shows. Black Canary had so much potential

Of course, that's why she's a regular on Legends of Tomorrow.

carlsojo

More Barrowman hopefully could be better if they give him room to expand his character rather than the one note appearances he's gotten on Arrow last season.

ZeroX03

Banned
More Barrowman hopefully could be better if they give him room to expand his character rather than the one note appearances he's gotten on Arrow last season.

Don't act like we'll get much more than him randomly appearing in STAR Labs, giving exposition and then waking out.

How he's going to randomly appear in a time ship or another universe is a little tougher, but I'm sure it will happen.

carlsojo

Don't act like we'll get much more than him randomly appearing in STAR Labs, giving exposition and then waking out.

How he's going to randomly appear in a time ship or another universe is a little tougher, but I'm sure it will happen.

I mean it doesn't surprise me at all that he's going to show up at STAR labs, probably to be like HI MAKE ME A NEW HAND, THANKS. What he'll do on Legends or Supergirl is the big ???? though I think him and Maxwell Lord would make for a good villain pairing.

So that upgrade to regular totally has to do with the Flashpoint stuff, right? Since that'll affect all the shows

Hopefully we'll finally learn some concrete details coming up at SDCC.

KonradLaw

Good news about Barrow Man. Malcolm is good, but only in small doses. Having him spread through multiple shows should hopefully help to avoid Arrow repeating the S4 mistake of having no idea what to do with him through the whole season.

I mean, STAR Labs and the Arrow Cave both have Cisco's security. The DEO isn't much better.

Barrowman stayed great. What was infuriating about Malcolm was how much everyone else became an idiot in order to justify keeping him around. He murdered hundreds of Glades residents, killed Robert Queen, drugged Thea into killing Sarah, and set off a war between Team Arrow and the League of Assassins that almost wiped out Star City to save his own ass. But sure, let's all trust him because some of his sperm became Thea.

After they cut ties, he kidnaps Ollie's kid, re-powers Damien Dahrk leading to Laurel's death, and drugs Thea into almost killing Ollie, but then they team up with him again for the final battle against Dahrk.

If he goes back to being a villain, I have no problem. Trying to make him an ally is dumb.

Backlogger

Is there anywhere I can watch ep 1 of the Flash Season 2? Or the first couple episodes of LoT?

It's annoying how the apps, even Hulu that I pay for, only have a 5 episode rotation. Makes it difficult to catch up

ZeroX03

Banned
Isn't the Netflix thing months away?

By soon, I meant within a few months. Some shows like JTV and Crazy Ex got speedy additions to Netflix already but I'm not sure if the timeline on DC TV has changed yet. As of next seasons it'll be 8 days after the season ends.

Pachimari

Currently watching the Star City 2046 episode of Legends of Tomorrow (got 12 minutes left), and it's the best episode of the season so far. Besides the awkward and sudden interest in Kendra from Jax, I think everything else have been pretty good. From Hellfire's obsession with being the leader of his own gang and having women all day, to the relationship and differences between him and Snart. And the whole meeting between Oliver Queen and Sara Lance, to the damn cool Arrow who is Connor Hawke. I seriously now wish Connor Hawke could become part of Team Arrow but he's not even born, so sad.

[edit] oh man, of course we are getting a love story between Kendra and Ray ugh.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Fat Kev Smith talks Flash. Looks like he will be directing episode 7 this season.

I hope since he has more lead time for this episode that he puts more of his signature flair on it. I'm not a huge fan of Kevin Smith as a director, but if they're going to use him, I'd like for it to feel like something he directed. There was only that one scene with the car that felt like him last time.

Currently watching the Star City 2046 episode of Legends of Tomorrow (got 12 minutes left), and it's the best episode of the season so far.

[edit] oh man, of course we are getting a love story between Kendra and Ray ugh.

Kendra & Ray is our generation's Ross & Rachel.

I think I liked that episode but wanted it to be longer. It felt rushed with so many plots going on at once. My biggest complaint with Legends is then insisting on using every character for every episode, even when they don't have a compelling story for them.

Top Bottom