• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

Not exactly show news, but: New DC Collectibles figures based on The CW DC shows: http://news.toyark.com/2016/07/13/dc-collectibles-new-cw-dc-tv-series-figures-revealed-210615
eiY01LQ.jpg
fqscoVv.jpg
VWtC8pe.jpg
473BeVg.jpg
yxXRUK4.jpg
aBnSiOu.jpg
UJexP7U.jpg
lnPH99p.jpg

anaron

ha! like I expected, some people are seeing MM for the first time through stuff like this.

"Didn't even know Martian Manhunter was on Supergirl so this was a huge WTF for me."

ZeroX03

Banned
DC has full rights to everything Constantine related. NBC has nothing, and don't care.

90% of the DC TV collectibles have been terrible tbh.

I know everyone says that them being Comic Book Shows is what is killing the chances of an Emmy win, but wouldn't them being on the CW also be a major aspect? I can't remember anything from the CW winning an Emmy. CW always seems like the type of show to win at the more Teen-aimed awards or in some specific cases maybe the Golden Globes.

ZeroX03

Banned
I know everyone says that them being Comic Book Shows is what is killing the chances of an Emmy win, but wouldn't them being on the CW also be a major aspect? I can't remember anything from the CW winning an Emmy. CW always seems like the type of show to win at the more Teen-aimed awards or in some specific cases maybe the Golden Globes.

I don't know if everybody is saying that, it's well known that Emmys don't do The CW. Gina Rodriguez winning the best actress Golden Globe but not even getting an Emmy nomination cemented that. The Flash got a special effects nomination last year, Crazy Ex got some musical ones this year but they're completely ignored for anything major.

IconGrist

King Shark and Grodd were definitely way above average which is even more impressive given the show's budget constraints. I can't remember the last time I had been impressed with CGI effects on a television show.

Joni

It is the CW thing. They should still get technical nominations like other comic book shows. But the minute they didn't nominate GOLDEN GLOBE WINNER! Jane the Virgin.
The Emmy winner is the show that is usually the biggest winner of the previous year. They don't like change. See GoT winning last year. It is why they keep nominating Homeland, Game of Thrones, ...

ZeroX03

Banned
This year's nominations by networks.

HBO 94
FX 56
Netflix 54
NBC 41
ABC 35
CBS 35
Fox 29
PBS 26
AMC 24
Showtime 22
Comedy Central 17
Amazon 16
History 13
A&E 12
CNN 9
National Geographic 9
Discovery 8
Lifetime 7
Adult Swim 6
USA 6
CW 5
BBC America 4
Cinemax 4
Disney Channel 4
IFC 4
Nickelodeon 4
Starz 4
TBS 4
Cartoon Network 3
Crackle 3

Take that, Crackle?

Smallville won 3 emmys so there's still time.

Oh the Sound Editing category has much fiercer competition these days.

Oddduck

2016 Emmy nominations for comic book shows.

Gotham = Nominated for 3 emmys (outstanding cinematography, outstanding sound editing, outstanding stunt coordination)
Daredevil = Nominated for 2 emmys (outstanding sound editing, outstanding stunt coordination)
Arrow = Nominated for 0 emmys
The Flash = Nominated for 0 emmys.

Source: Variety

Side notes:

- Last year, The Flash was nominated for an Emmy for outstanding special visual effects, but not this year.
- Last year, Gotham was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Costumes for a Contemporary Series...but not this year.

Platy

At least it will not be as spoiler as the weather wizard one ... I mean EVERYONE expects them to travel trough time =P

Top Bottom