• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

ZeroX03

Banned
SOUNDTRACKS!
AVAILABLE FIRST AT COMIC CON JULY 20 AND THEN ON OUR WEBSITE JULY 26, 2016. PLEASE NOTE: A LIMITED NUMBER OF SIGNED COPIES WILL BE AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE JULY 26, 2016 STARTING AT 12 PM PST. QUANTITIES ARE LIMITED. YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED A SIGNED COPY.
Only just noticed that a week ago they confirmed some details of last season's DC TV soundtracks. Just The Flash and Supergirl so far. Arrow and Legends are due August. It appears the digital release will be July 22nd, but it might be later, they're not very consistent. Single discs rather than the cool doubles from last year. I missed out on a physical signed copy of The Flash S1 soundtrack, I'll try not to this year. If you're at Comic Con, you can get them signed in person by Blake Neely :)

13734917_10154451229403755_2801083589408547384_o.jpg
13603816_10154441833788755_8917145153314549000_o.jpg

THE FLASH – SEASON 2
1. How It Ended / Reluctant Hero (4:35)
2. Harrison’s Will / Henry Released (2:54)
3. Jay Garrick Warns of a Man Called Zoom (2:20) (ZeroX03's note: this track should be amazing)
4. Stein Explains a Multiverse (2:00)
5. Family of Rogues (2:42)
6. Joe Tells Iris the Truth About Her Mother (2:51)
7. The New Firestorm (1:44)
8. Staged Fight to Lure Zoom (2:19)
9. The Face of Your Hero (2:59)
10. Grodd Into the Breach (4:04)
11. Vandal Savage Arrives (1:50)
12. Who Is Kendra? / Hawkman Cometh (3:07)
13. Savage Attack, a Legend Is Born (3:05)
14. You Have a Son, His Name Is Wally (2:02)
15. Let It Snow Villains (3:04) (ZeroX03's note: another Weather Wizard medley!)
16. Sending Reverse Flash Back / Wells Betrays (4:56)
17. Welcome to Earth-2 (2:42)
18. Hello, Breachers (2:06)
19. Hunting and Electrifying King Shark (2:21)
20. The Right Decision (3:47)
21. Who Is Hunter Zolomon? (2:36)
22. Ready to Save the World (4:07)
23. Stuck in the Speed Force (3:54)
24. Black Siren in Central City (2:28)
25. The Race of His Life (3:59)
26. I Will Wait for You (3:54)

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 78:32

SUPERGIRL – SEASON 1
1. You Will Do Extraordinary Things (4:49)
2. Meeting Jimmy (2:08)
3. A Hero Emerges (3:14)
4. Telling Winn (1:22)
5. Fighting Vartox (3:28)
6. Gift From Clark / Stronger Together (3:01)
7. Fight or Flight (4:22)
8. Interview Granted (3:27)
9. Assistant Problems (1:51)
10. Chatting With Clark (2:13)
11. I Came Here to Save the World (3:12)
12. Confronting Maxwell Lord (3:06)
13. Strange Visitors From Other Planets (3:11)
14. Joy Ride (1:20)
15. How Does She Do It? (1:50)
16. Harnessing Anger (2:04)
17. Inspirational Boss (1:13)
18. My Name Is Jonn Jonzz (2:19)
19. Under Attack (2:47)
20. Catty Questions (1:55)
21. Heroes Find a Way (2:25)
22. Dying Is Easier (2:47)
23. Alex Brings Kara Back (3:30)
24. Fortress of Solitude (3:27)
25. Afraid of Losing You (1:58)
26. Martian Manhunter Revealed / Your Father is Alive (3:52)
27. World’s Finest (2:20)
28. Hope Speech / Lifting Fort Roz (4:19)
29. Theme From Supergirl (1:13)

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 78:38

ZeroX03

Banned
i wonder who is in the cap in the picture that Marc posted.

He's hinting we'll be seeing more ancient Egypt on Twitter, so maybe Hawkman is back? I don't see why anyone would care enough to obscuring hiding the face. I guess as not to disappoint anyone.

Also #502 of Arrow is called "The Recruits" and like the premiere is directed by James Bamford. I guess Bambam's their new staple director, great for him!

strafer

CnbmnkGVMAAGrDQ.jpg:large

He's hinting we'll be seeing more ancient Egypt on Twitter, so maybe Hawkman is back? I don't see why anyone would care enough to obscuring hiding the face. I guess as not to disappoint anyone.

Also #502 of Arrow is called "The Recruits" and like the premiere is directed by James Bamford. I guess Bambam's their new staple director, great for him!

At first glance I thought it was Grant Gustin.

ZeroX03

Banned
At first glance I thought it was Grant Gustin.

Facial hair, skin seems a bit rougher. It'd be nice to finally get that Barry appearance though, he is the one that can time travel after all.

Star City 2046 was looked upon very favorably, I'd say there's a good chance we'll see Connor Hawke and old Bruce Oliver again.

Malcolm!!!!

Pachimari

So it's safe to assume we'll never see the TV Constantine again? That would suck.

And I really want to see Connor Hawks again. He is damn cool.

ZeroX03

Banned
To me it kind of looks like

tumblr_mmj3ph8lS41qgvdaro4_r1_250.gif

Yeah that's the closest one I can think of, but Chicago Med starts shooting in three days. I mean he could be on set for two days. No idea why he'd be around on Legends, but I guess if Malcolm is going to be everywher let's give some flashbacks to best Merlyn too?

Sorry to ask this here, but this is about the episode Worlds Finest from Supergirl, where does it take place in time, like between which episodes of The Flash?

Joni

And they follow it up with half a second reaction, after which HE NEVER MENTIONS IT AGAIN!?!
I had a problem with that.

ZeroX03

Banned

The Oracle and Batman stuff is really stretching it. I can see Kate Kane being allowed on Supergirl, but a suited up Batfamily? I don't see it. I also don't see why they'd go so street level on their cosmic show.

The rest all seems feasible enough. But Bleeding Cool have been wrong plenty of times in the past.

And we all want Matt Ryan, please stop dangling him in front of us until you're sure something has changed.

Joni

I would find it farfetched for them to try Batman but I hope the Constantine element is correct. I don't see the advantage of John Wesley Shipp shared over the shows.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I would find it farfetched for them to try Batman but I hope the Constantine element is correct. I don't see the advantage of John Wesley Shipp shared over the shows.

He could just be shared between Flash and Legends, especially considering the latter will be dealing with the Justice Society.

The deals may be written as all encompassing, but that doesn't mean everyone will show up on every show. I doubt Supergirl will get both Captain Cold and Merlyn, for example.

ZeroX03

Banned
I suspect the "series regular' deals are less about throwing the actors into every series, and more as a way to save money while retaining actor availability. All the cross overs means double paying. For example when Diggle or Felicity go over to The Flash, they get paid as a guest star for Flash while not being able to shoot as much on Arrow. But they still get paid for the Arrow episode even though they barely film it. Obviously those sort of contracts aren't sustainable for the major players. But for smaller, more malleable roles like Cold and Merlyn you want to make sure you've got them (aka need a contract) but you want to be able to use them more freely and at a set rate. Hence the goofy contract. I doubt Supergirl will be seeing any of these actors so soon. Heck, we still need to unify Earth-3 and Earth-S.

John Wesley Shipp has always been an odd one. He often appeared alongside the main cast of Flash at Comic Con despite not being a series regular. He seems close with the producers, they trust each other.

Joni

He could just be shared between Flash and Legends, especially considering the latter will be dealing with the Justice Society.

The deals may be written as all encompassing, but that doesn't mean everyone will show up on every show. I doubt Supergirl will get both Captain Cold and Merlyn, for example.

But imagine how much it could be to see Cold versus Supergirl. But even for Legends, Malcolm and Cold seem to have more connection with all three Earth-1 shows compared to JWS who mostly talked to Flash people.

I suspect the "series regular' deals are less about throwing the actors into every series, and more as a way to save money while retaining actor availability. All the cross overs means double paying. For example when Diggle or Felicity go over to The Flash, they get paid as a guest star for Flash while not being able to shoot as much on Arrow. But they still get paid for the Arrow episode even though they barely film it. Obviously those sort of contracts aren't sustainable for the major players. But for smaller, more malleable roles like Cold and Merlyn you want to make sure you've got them (aka need a contract) but you want to be able to use them more freely and at a set rate. Hence the goofy contract. I doubt Supergirl will be seeing any of these actors so soon. Heck, we still need to unify Earth-3 and Earth-S.

Indeed. Should just have everyone sign contracts for any show.

ZeroX03

Banned
Indeed. Should just have everyone sign contracts for any show.

Not going to happen. Principal casts all have six year contracts with set pay rates. If they renegotiate, their rates will go way up now that they're on hit shows that are guaranteed to last for years. We know Barrowman and Miller had special contracts, hence why they get these deals first. And maybe JWS.

If it goes well with those guys, maybe we'll see it more with other characters. It's a bit of an experiment and it requires some flexibility on the actors' parts, hence starting with the tried and trusted.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's also a fairly big risk too and the reason you've never really seen deals like this before. (The fact that a universe with a continuity that spans 3 or 4 simultaneous shows hasn't really happened before, aside)

What if Legends doesn't make it past this next year? I think that's pretty doubtful given it's on the CW and the ratings would have to fall below a test pattern, but it's a liability if you've signed up all those actors for multiyear deals.

Joni

Not going to happen. Principal casts all have six year contracts with set pay rates. If they renegotiate, their rates will go way up now that they're on hit shows that are guaranteed to last for years. We know Barrowman and Miller had special contracts, hence why they get these deals first. And maybe JWS.

If it goes well with those guys, maybe we'll see it more with other characters. It's a bit of an experiment and it requires some flexibility on the actors' parts, hence starting with the tried and trusted.

It indeed doesn't make sense to open up the existing contracts, but they should go with something that newcomers have something like a primary show but the '20' episodes in the contract for the year can be switched around free, or something like that.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hey! Early pre-Comic Con gift! The Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow themes are on Spotify via a compilation album.

It indeed doesn't make sense to open up the existing contracts, but they should go with something that newcomers have something like a primary show but the '20' episodes in the contract for the year can be switched around free, or something like that.

Again, you've got to trust the actors you're giving this deal to, and they have to be willing to accept something unorthodox. That's why they aren't throwing it to newcomers (yet). Untested waters.

Magwik

Banned
The Constantine stuff sounds too good to be true. Adds credence that it was Matt Ryan who was at the LoT reading.
Throw it on a Friday night with Supernatural (similar shows that can overlap audience) and have your 5 days of DC and they would be golden.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Heads up guys, this Thursday on Conan he's doing one of his Comic Con shows and the theme is CW Heroes

http://teamcoco.com/schedule

The CW Heroes

The superheroic and super-attractive stars of "Arrow," “Supergirl,” &​ “The Flash” — Stephen Amell, Grant Gustin, &​ Melissa Benoist — are here to keep the citizens of #ConanCon safe. Maybe they’ll even get a chance to team up with the Flaming C?

I feel like Batman would just make the Green Arrow look incompetent in this universe or vice versa. Really hoping the Constantine rumor is true though.

I'd accept Batman if it's an older Batman Beyond type. Old enough to be around for resources and training but not going out in the field.

Top Bottom