• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

ZeroX03

Banned
Don't remind me. The whole 'experience beats superpowers' thing they have to justify why Oliver could fight Barry evenly is so stupid.

That's the justification for Batman beating people who should be able to take him out in a split second. That's how comic books work. Especially when Barry is established as being legendarily dumb, it shouldn't be surprising if experienced people like Ollie or Snart take him out.

Ollie beating RF was just him going full Batman.

That's the justification for Batman beating people who should be able to take him out in a split second. That's how comic books work. Especially when Barry is established as being legendarily dumb, it shouldn't be surprising if experienced people like Ollie or Snart take him out.

Ollie beating RF was just him going full Batman.
At least Batman has some convenient gadget or serum that tends to weaken his opponent. Snart has the ice gun to slow Barry down as well as leverage of his identity. Oliver against Barry had nothing special asides from his usual arrows yet managed to stay on even ground. The RF fight is annoying but at least had some anti-speed thing Ray whipped up to make it even for a couple of seconds.

Joni

Kreisberg was head writer o Arrow S2. Then he went over to Flash.

He wrote like 2-3 episodes for the second season, including The Flash set-up episodes. Season 2 just had the advantage of having a really charismatic villain who also could fight. Manu makes everything better by just being there.

strafer

SUPERGIRL-01.jpg

Looks like a legit family photo.

THE_FLASH-02.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
People are pissed about Ezra Miller and taking it out on him

People are pissed because he isn't going into Candice's mentions to defend her from racism

People are pissed because he's blocking them for harassing him over stupid shit

Just another day on celebrity Twitter. He deleted most of it now.

IconGrist

People are pissed about Ezra Miller and taking it out on him

People are pissed because he isn't going into Candice's mentions to defend her from racism

People are pissed because he's blocking them for harassing him over stupid shit

Just another day on celebrity Twitter. He deleted most of it now.

This happened? After that whole Leslie Jones debacle you'd think Twitter would take a breather for a bit.

VanWinkle

DC TV has taught me that I HATE season-long villains. With Legends of Tomorrow's Vandal Savage, Arrow's Damian Darhk, and Flash's Zoom, you can't keep that tension and thrill going for that long. Eventually you just get tired of the same thing, and in a lot of cases - particularly Savage and Darhk - it starts revealing tons of plot holes.

Now, I don't really like a bunch of "one-shot" episodes, either. I think taking the comic approach and have 2-5 episode long arcs and villains would be the best.

Flash S3 trailer looked interesting, but that Arrow S5 trailer was terrible. Ugh

Yeah it was bad. Excited for Flash S3, though. Legends of Tomorrow looked pretty good, but the trailer for the first season got me hyped and I ended up being INCREDIBLY disappointed in it, so I'm not letting it get my hopes up.

ZeroX03

Banned
"Season long" isn't bad, it's just introducing them from episode one. Merlyn, Slade & RF don't really get started until episode 9. Darhk was there from episode 1, Savage was there since before Legends even started, Zoom was episode 6 but a presence from the start and had a bunch of other problems.

They don't need every character to be a mystery either, a surprise is fine. If Tom Felton turns out to be Doctor Alchemy, I'll be like "okay third time you've played that card".

VanWinkle

"Season long" isn't bad, it's just introducing them from episode one. Merlyn, Slade & RF don't really get started until episode 9. Darhk was there from episode 1, Savage was there since before Legends even started, Zoom was episode 6 but a presence from the start and had a bunch of other problems.

They don't need every character to be a mystery either, a surprise is fine. If Tom Felton turns out to be Doctor Alchemy, I'll be like "okay third time you've played that card".

You make a good point. Having an overarching "villain" for the season isn't inherently bad. It's about not making that the primary focus of the season. It's about drip-feeding their presence only when it's necessary, wherein it's revealed the villain's hand in events, and building to a climax.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Watching all these panels like the nerd I am. I'm actually excited about Season 2 of Supergirl.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
It's still the Arrowverse to me, dammit!

IconGrist

Marc said the crossover (Episode 8, 100th episode) was Part 2 of 3 of the crossovers. I guess that means no Supergirl.

In the Supergirl panel it was confirmed they are part of the "Flarrowverse", as it was called, so somewhere plans changed about Supergirl's involvement in the crossover.

ZeroX03

Banned
I've always just called it the berlantiverse. I feel like that's always the appropriate way to name these things. I believe some called all the animated DC shows from BTAS to JL:U the Timmverse because Bruce Timm was behind all of it.

Except saying Berlantiverse would imply Riverdale and Blindspot are a part of it, which they're not*. Same reason DC TV isn't a great term: Gotham, Powerless and Lucifier aren't part of this universe. Every show in this universe has direct ties to Arrow, even Vixen and Constantine. Two of them are direct spin offs. The only show that doesn't connect is Supergirl, yet. That's coming.

*unless
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
pulls some tricks.

Xemnas89

Except saying Berlantiverse would imply Riverdale and Blindspot are a part of it, which they're not*. Same reason DC TV isn't a great term: Gotham, Powerless and Lucifier aren't part of this universe. Every show in this universe has direct ties to Arrow, even Vixen and Constantine. Two of them are direct spin offs. The only show that doesn't connect is Supergirl, yet. That's coming.

*unless
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
pulls some tricks.

While true I just can't go with arrowverse. I know all the shows spawned from arrow but it needs a name that's more inclusive so I just stick with berlantiverse even though he has shows that aren't within the same universe. You can't even go with something stupid like DCW because iZombie is also a DC show on CW that isn't part of the universe.

Joni

While true I just can't go with arrowverse. I know all the shows spawned from arrow but it needs a name that's more inclusive so I just stick with berlantiverse even though he has shows that aren't within the same universe. You can't even go with something stupid like DCW because iZombie is also a DC show on CW that isn't part of the universe.

The problem is that there are Arrowverse shows that aren't made by Berlanti.

iZombie should be a part of it regardless of it not being a Berlanti production, then at least one show in the Arrowverse would have consistently good writing.

Grizzlyjin

could this be arrows final season?

It could but probably not. CW almost always gives their long running shows the "one last season" run. Even shows like Hart of Dixie and Beauty & the Beast got renewed but with the stipulation that it would be the final season. They're actually doing the same thing with The Vampire Diaries right now. With the network playing up The Best Place for Superheroes in their marketing, I can't see them pulling the plug on Arrow this year.

Joni

Guys, Arrow is the second best performing show on the network. They're just as likely to cancel The Flash.
As for it being a natural 'end', I'd refer you to Supernatural season 5 which was the terrific conclusion of a five year long arc that upped the stakes astronomically. They're airing season 12 with a chance for 13, 14, 15.
ANd of course, everyone is contracted for six years.

Xenoboy

Flash season 2 ost is sick, I have been listening to it a lot. I love stuck in speedforce, race of his life and Hunter Zolomon.

The trailer for season 3 made me faint, goddamn. Nice to at least have a non speedster villain, even if we are getting both.

Top Bottom