• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

Platy

Berlanti said that someone would go out right .... then I was doing some basic twitter stalking of celebrities when ...

QMPEqKN.png

https://twitter.com/chy_leigh/status/753377188217434112

48TQoKA.png

Alex will totaly steal batwoman's woman

It's definitely a Supergirl character since it's the one with the lack of representation but the way they're going about announcing it and making it a secret feels like baiting and a hokey grab for attention. If it's Alex (and it does seem most likely) she's going to get to add plot armor to her collection because they're (hopefully) smart enough to not pull the stupid shit The 100 showrunner/writers did.

Platy

It's definitely a Supergirl character since it's the one with the lack of representation but the way they're going about announcing it and making it a secret feels like baiting and a hokey grab for attention. If it's Alex (and it does seem most likely) she's going to get to add plot armor to her collection because they're (hopefully) smart enough to not pull the stupid shit The 100 showrunner/writers did.

We still live in a world where lesbian characters have a higher mortality rate than black ones so I guess she will not get so much plot armor =P

We still live in a world where lesbian characters have a higher mortality rate than black ones so I guess she will not get so much plot armor =P

That's why I mentioned The 100, after that backlash they would have to be incredibly stupid to kill her if she's indeed going to be gay, especially with their promoting it, maybe worse since Chyler is a contracted regular so it's not as if she'll be jumping to another show any time soon as an excuse to kill the character off.

Joni

That's why I mentioned The 100, after that backlash they would have to be incredibly stupid to kill her if she's indeed going to be gay, especially with their promoting it, maybe worse since Chyler is a contracted regular so it's not as if she'll be jumping to another show any time soon as an excuse to kill the character off.
They wouldn't kill Alex. They'd kill whoever she dates!

Damn..they got Dolph? Awesome. WOuld be fun to see more such castings. Give me Wesley Snipes and Van Damme too :)

Give me a team-up:

9-20-2013_16.jpg

KonradLaw

I say go all the way: Flashbacks to when Oliver was a member of The Expendables.

S3 of LoT, with a team made of washed up actors who played superheroes. They already got Brandon, Dolph and Michael Jai White in CWverse, not throw in Wesley, Billy Zane, Ray Stevenson and Ioan Gruffudd :D

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I say go all the way: Flashbacks to when Oliver was a member of The Expendables.

A team of disposable heroes?

Some kind of.... hari-kari crew?

I don't know if Arrow could get away with something like that.

Pachimari

I just finished Legends of Tomorrow, and honestly, it wasn't that bad! Yeah it dragged at times but it also had some cool moments, although I'm happy next season has been reduced to 13 episodes. One thing I don't understand is, how Rip could take Rory back and leave him there in 2013 to be with Snart, if he couldn't do the same for Sara?

The ending with that Justice Society of America member was pretty cool, and I am thrilled the Hawks won't be back. I do hope Kendra will make cameos on The Flash though, although I doubt it. I also wonder how they'll bring back Leonard Snart. And that said, I wish Rip Hunter had died. I don't like the guy.

So will the Legends work together with the Justice Society to stop another evil next season?

Also I rank the team members like this:
1. Heatwave
2. White Canary
3. Captain Cold
4. Atom
5. Firestorm
6. The Hawks
7. Rip Hunter

Next is Supergirl. I think I'm only at Episode 6 on that one. I'll be ready for the new seasons!

I just finished Legends of Tomorrow, and honestly, it wasn't that bad! Yeah it dragged at times but it also had some cool moments, although I'm happy next season has been reduced to 13 episodes. One thing I don't understand is, how Rip could take Rory back and leave him there in 2013 to be with Snart, if he couldn't do the same for Sara?

The problem with Sarah was how the events would play out. If Sarah was there, she still wouldn't be able to save Laurel, and would have gotten herself and Quentin killed as well.

Pachimari

The problem with Sarah was how the events would play out. If Sarah was there, she still wouldn't be able to save Laurel, and would have gotten herself and Quentin killed as well.

But Sara could have told and explained it to Laurel and the team, so they could stay at a safe place while shit went down with Damian Dhark, because there's no longer an Oculus device, so nothing would be set in stone anyway.

Pachimari

Finished an episode of Supergirl, the one with Red Tornado, and that was a super enjoyable one. I like all of Kara, Alex, Jimmy and Lucy. Now I can't wait to watch more tomorrow! Although I hope they change the title sequence with the Supergirl logo in the intro next season because it looks really cheap.

Pachimari

you should watch episode 7 right now
Oh that'll be the first episode I'll watch tomorrow, as it's currently 1:30 at night and I'm sleepy. But based on your enthusiasm alone, I take it this is the episode were it is revealed that Alex's boss is Martian Manhunter lol. Which I'm looking forward to see.

iosefe

Oh that'll be the first episode I'll watch tomorrow, as it's currently 1:30 at night and I'm sleepy. But based on your enthusiasm alone, I take it this is the episode were it is revealed that Alex's boss is Martian Manhunter lol. Which I'm looking forward to see.

i refuse to comment on rumor and speculation, but does my avatar betray me?

Yeah, Alex is my guess for who the gay character will be and she'll probably romance Maggie Sawyer. With references to Maggie's rich Jewish female ex of course.

She's no Renee Montoya but she'll do.

ZeroX03

Banned
Same way Dahrk is- I'm guessing the Legion of Doom will come from earlier in their timelines.

They implied that would be the case. Barrowman wouldn't reveal what timeline Merlyn was joining from.

Cold is a special case since he got blown up in the time stream. They can do whatever they want with him and have as many incarnations as they want really.

Pachimari

Only 12 episodes left of Supergirl! I'm rather enjoying it. It isn't anything special, and it totally follows the same formula as the rest of the CW superhero shows, but she really carries the show as Kara, alongside a very strong cast of side characters. I almost enjoy these side characters more than the ones in The Flash and Arrow.

Rooster12

Just found that the Dark Archer digital comic is written by John Barrowman himself??

Lol that has to be the first time where an actor writes a character he plays...I gotta check this out.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Just found that the Dark Archer digital comic is written by John Barrowman himself??

Lol that has to be the first time where an actor writes a character he plays...I gotta check this out.

Himself and his sister, actually.

ZeroX03

Banned
Black Siren has her own theme music. It's okay. It plays in between Stuck in the Speed Force and The Race of His Life so I listen to it more than I normally would.

That's about as much thought as I give to Black Siren or Laurel.

ZeroX03

Banned
Meet the newest member of The Flash's Rogues gallery: The Top, played by Awkward star Ashley Rickards.

E! News has exclusively learned that Rickards will play Rosalind "Rosa" Dillon, a.k.a. The Top, in the fourth episode of The Flash's third season. The Top, which was a male character in the comic books, has the power to make people's heads spin. She's the Bonnie to Mirror Master's Clyde and one of the most dangerous members of the gallery of Rogues.

Executive producers Aaron and Todd Helbing told E! News that episode 304 is an origin story of sorts for Mirror Master, played by Aquarius' Grey Damon—and it'll also mark the return of Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold.

http://m.eonline.com/news/788405/the-flash-s-newest-villain-the-top-will-make-your-head-spin

Happy we're seemingly reforming the Rogues but really wish they'd cast big guns for Mirror Master and The Top. Rogue War is a potential season long arc. Instead we're getting, um, CW actors.

Joni

I liked her on one Tree Hill and she has an mtv show. Just look at how awesome mtv people like that can be in the Arrowverse.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/jessica-jones-wil-traval-joins-arrow-as-human-target

"Arrow" Season 5 just picked up another vigilante. TVLine reports that "Jessica Jones" star Wil Traval will play Human Target when the show returns this fall.

According to the character's official description,

A professional bodyguard and master of disguise who assumes the identities of those targeted by assassins, the character (aka Christopher Chance) will appear in Episode 5 when he takes on a new client: Mayor Oliver Queen.
Updating…

Top Bottom