• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

Joni

Oh good we're getting another villain speedster this year too.

t8vasYr.jpg

http://tvline.com/2016/08/23/the-flash-season-3-todd-lasance-cast-rival/

tumblr_inline_nhjf99RVix1qk5yi9.gif

Seems like the casting team finally saw season 4.

Sandfox

Grodd is to expensive, and the rouges would be good for half a season not a full one. Barry is at dbz power levels where it's only speedsters now.
They can do things other than speeders like any other version of Flash media if they are creative and come up with a threatening villian. Even one of the Flash villains with the ability slow stuff down would work lol. You can only do "speedster faster than Barry" so many times.

They can do things other than speeders like any other version of Flash media if they are creative and come up with a threatening villian. Even one of the Flash villains with the ability slow stuff down would work lol. You can only do "speedster faster than Barry" so many times.

A time manipulating villain would be a good match for Bary's speed. Time Trapper for Season 4?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Haha more speedsters? Come on now. There must been to be a 1,001 obscure metahumans that DC won't be touching in live action adaptations anytime soon. Speedsters just seem like a cheap way to challenge Barry.

ZeroX03

Banned
MIRROR MASTER

Not expensive effect and can be really OP with it's powers

While I do like Mirror Master, I think the two strikes against him are that he's not the threaten the world kind of villain and that it would be really similar to the Earth-2 doppelgangers.

Imagine one Joe dying and breaking Barry's heart, now multiply that by thousands of mirror versions.

Sandfox

While I do like Mirror Master, I think the two strikes against him are that he's not the threaten the world kind of villain and that it would be really similar to the Earth-2 doppelgangers.

Imagine one Joe dying and breaking Barry's heart, now multiply that by thousands of mirror versions.

Well these shows aren't afraid to change characters lol.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I assume the Flash is going to be in some sort of dream sequence or hallucination, or something.

The reason why they didn't get Grant is most likely scheduling and/or price.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oliver Queen tied up to a chair and interrogated, we're in for a lot of season one callbacks this year I think.

Rewatched The Flash S2 finale. It basically sucks until after Zoom is taken down. What a disappointment. But everything outside of Zoom in S2 was pretty good.

Pachimari

I just read an article and is confused. Is Vixen really part of the Justice Society of America? I thought she would be part of the Legends team?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

ZeroX03

Banned
Thea went from high school student to business owner to political campaign manager within minutes. She's only 21 in the show!

Joni

Thea went from high school student to business owner to political campaign manager within minutes. She's only 21 in the show!

They quite screwed up on her age. It was necessary for a couple of short plot points, but since the mention that she is too young to enter a bar while running one, they seemed to have forgotten she is so much younger than everyone.

Joni

Started watching Warehouse 13, show really gets a quality boost when Kreisberg started on it. Time to hire Jaime Murray from Warehouse 13 Andrew!

Seems realistic. He lost to every other speedster.

Deep update from Amell. Luckily all good.

Facebook. Hello. Sitting on set filming episode 97 in a stuffy, sweaty airport hangar. No place I'd rather be. My apologies that I haven't been posting that much on here recently. Getting used to a much more condensed schedule coinciding with my kid rapidly turning into a teenager, or something of the like. What does a more condensed schedule mean? I've had some longer weekends (which I asked for) in order to enjoy more family time than I typically get during the season. This, in turn, has compacted my filming schedule (which I also asked for). It's the most efficient use of my time... but there's certainly been a learning curve.

Interesting story about last week: When I got the x-ray for my nose / orbital bone, it revealed something that, on an x-ray, presented as an abnormality at the base of my skull. Now... I'm fine. 100% healthy. But believe me when I tell you, this is a disquieting conversation to have with a doctor on a Friday morning. You ask what it could be... he says, it's likely nothing. In fact, it's fairly typical for two bones to overlay on an x-ray and present something that looks much more sinister. I got a CT scan that day and, again, I'm all good.

It's strange what kind of community you foster in the public eye. I spend a ton of time with John Barrowman Official and it's always interesting to see what people talk to him about. Same goes for Jared Padalecki. Your personality and the causes you stand behind give people a level of comfort to share their stories. For me, mostly, it's been stories of individuals and their families struggling, dealing with, beating and succumbing to cancer. (Just quickly... Fuck Cancer.)

Last Friday - ever so briefly - I got to experience what it's like on the other side of that equation. I had to deal with a small kernel of uncertainty about basically everything. I had to call my friend and big boss to tell them exactly what was happening. I had to give risk management at the studio that employs me permission to speak with same physician I spoke with so they could decide under what circumstances production would continue. This was not and is not me being dramatic... I was simply being pragmatic.

A couple of things struck me. First, holy shit are there a lot of brave people out there. The strength it must take to combat something like this when it shifts from theoretical to, "oh wow it's fucking happening", is a strength I don't understand despite the fact that I've seen it displayed up close and personal dozens of times over the past several years. Too many times, if we're being honest. Second... we can get trapped by the trivial, can't we? We can get bogged down and insulated by a ton of garbage that - in the grand scheme of things - does not fucking matter. I mean, clearly the world has problems. But all in all, it was really refreshing to step back and be forced to take a breath. I feel very lucky. And happy.

Just remember... I never would have had an x-ray, it it wasn't for all of you. Thank you.

ZeroX03

Banned
I know there must be a staff writer on each show who's like "why don't we just do it how they did on Young Justice, they really nailed it" when it comes to Roy or Wally or Miss Martian or whoever, and the producers are like "we haven't watched that show, but we did read these shiny New 52 books!" and the staff writer just cries in despair.

ZeroX03

Banned
I mean I guess J'onn doesn't really need a third daughter, but still, kind of lame for a character who's traditionally a Titan.

Platy

I know there must be a staff writer on each show who's like "why don't we just do it how they did on Young Justice, they really nailed it" when it comes to Roy or Wally or Miss Martian or whoever, and the producers are like "we haven't watched that show, but we did read these shiny New 52 books!" and the staff writer just cries in despair.

I know LOTS of staff writers ... and I might be one myself xD

Yeah, cool bringing on M'Gann but then interest kind of faded when it was obvious with the angle they'd be taking. I don't think the response to that is going to be all that great, especially with how many people were probably introduced to the character through Young Justice which there's supposedly still talk of Netflix reviving for a third season.

Top Bottom