• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT2| Free to play is now live

ReaperXL7

So I decided to jump back in on Saturday, I have a CR82 Villian but decided I wanted to role a hero and got to 30 yesterday. If anyone is interested in hooking up for duos/alerts tomorrow add me in game (Aesir Olympus) or on PSN (ReaperXL7).

I chose to go with an Ice tank as my villian is a mental troller and wanted to give tanking a shot.Always looking for good people to partner up with.

I reached 30 couple days ago, but was struggling with financial. Decided to give the broker a try, and bam, I'm rich in cash. I was still short in Mark of Triumph though, and I can't get Tier armors without Marks. Fortunately, someone added me to a league and he got me into a mission/raid that at the end, I got like over 3k of marks, making my way to CR60 and Tier 2. Yay.

IconGrist

I reached 30 couple days ago, but was struggling with financial. Decided to give the broker a try, and bam, I'm rich in cash. I was still short in Mark of Triumph though, and I can't get Tier armors without Marks. Fortunately, someone added me to a league and he got me into a mission/raid that at the end, I got like over 3k of marks, making my way to CR60 and Tier 2. Yay.

lol I'm constantly getting random League invites but I always decline. Maybe I should accept one if your story is anything to go by.

lol I'm constantly getting random League invites but I always decline. Maybe I should accept one if your story is anything to go by.

Depends. I don't know if every league is willing to help you. Some leagues exist just for the sake of groupies. I was in another league before I joined this league, and this was what happened to me 2 days ago:
Yesterday (or the day before, I'm not sure since it happened overnight I think), I was playing DC Universe Online, and my character is a female superhero. A couple days ago, someone called pinupgrl or something like that added me to a league called pinupgrl or something like that. Seeing how my character is female, and she looks like a classic superhero design (imo), I decided to join. Why not? I have been playing solo since the beginning, so it's nice to actually met and talked to people. It's an MMO after all.

Back to yesterday, I was just running around in the Watchtower (a location in the game) and no one in the league logged in. I was confront in personal chat by this player called Mayloney or something. I will call it M right now since I'm not sure. This was how the chat conversation went (by the way, my ingame name wasn't Fool):

M: pin is that you?​

Fool: ?​

M: why is your league's name is pinup girl?​

So I assumed that he/she mistook me as someone whose name is pinup girl or something similar. I just decided to answer the question that I was invited to this league by this player with the same name blah blah blah. I was lying on my bed playing with my laptop, and I was literally lying down with my laptop next to me, not just sitting on my bed with laptop on my lap. Basically I was in a position that did not allow me to type with both hands, so I was typing kinda slow. Before I could answer that person's question, he/she sent me this:

M: you're a stalker o_o​

And then that person's character flied away from me.

What. The. Fuck. I was accused of being a stalker. Because I was in a league that has a name similar to someone he/she knows or something? What... I... How... I couldn't fucking believe it. I was confused and offended. I decided to finished whatever I'm typing:

Fool: Some player named pinupgrl or something invited my to his/her league.​

M: lmao​

And that's it. Like I said, I was confused and offended. i then check the league members list (there was roughly 10 members) and there was no one in the league named pinupgrl, or pinup girl, or anything similar. Unless that person changed his/her display name (something you can purchase with real money), I assumed he/she quitted the league that he/she created (since the league had the same name, I assume that person created the league). I quitted the league moment after.

So yeah, choose your league carefully.

You can always just leave the league immediately if you don't like it.

Sure. My point is that don't choose a league that has a name like pinupgrl or anything similar, period. I joined a league to socialize and the next thing I knew, I was accused of being a stalker. But hey, the new league got me into Tier 2 with CR60, so I guess I will stay with that league for a while.

Paganmoon

I have no idea what you was saying but I assume that you have trouble with 8 man raids?

Was playing so typed from phone, apparently didn't go so well hehe.

Yeah, 8 man raids have been a pain, usually I drop in midway through the raids, and people just rush into a boss before everyone's even there and wipe, and wipe and wipe. But did get to do Braniac Sub-construct just now, and it went pretty well, there were a few better players that pretty much carried the rest of us through it.

It's definitely worth finding a good league if you're desire/ intention is to really dig into the content. I'd recommend checking the league recruitment boards at the official forums: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?forums/league-recruitment-center.17/

I'm on USPS4 (Euro and US servers are separated, as are the PC servers, unfortunately). I'm in an LGBT league that's pretty good.

A heads up to everyone, especially people still leveling up: walk-ins to raids that are beyond your current CR are about to become restricted with the next Game Update (GU37). If there's enough interest, I may try to wrangle a group of low level GAFers on USPS to walk through Gate or something for the pile of marks you get before that update hits. My main toon quite high leveled and it's easy enough to help lower leveled toons.

A heads up to everyone, especially people still leveling up: walk-ins to raids that are beyond your current CR are about to become restricted with the next Game Update (GU37). If there's enough interest, I may try to wrangle a group of low level GAFers on USPS to walk through Gate or something for the pile of marks you get before that update hits. My main toon quite high leveled and it's easy enough to help lower leveled toons.

D:

I'm toying with the idea of subbing, but I'm not really understanding the relationship/difference with Marketplace Cash and Loyalty Points.

The wiki sez PlayStation users get LP to spend in the Emporium vending machine "because they have no Marketplace like on PC," but if I press Options, the Marketplace is one of my options, and seems to offer the same stuff as the Emporium, only charging MC instead of what I assume to be LP.
It has a different icon from MC, but it's not clear what it actually represents.

Is there any difference between the Marketplace and the Emporium? Is the currency they use interchangeable, or am I gonna be stuck running to the vending machine every time just because I'm a PlayStation subscriber? I can buy MC, but I didn't notice a way to buy LP. Can I?

Oh, supposedly subscribing gives me all the DLC, but I noticed there are some Hideout themes I can purchase until I have the DLC, but if I sub, will I get all of those themes, or do I need to save up my LP for them? If I spend LP granted by my sub, do I keep that stuff after my sub lapses?

What's the advantage to just buying DLC over subbing? Oh, and if I sub, that's gonna give me access to PlanetSide as well, right?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
That sounds awful. I guess all the people bitching about it in the dcuo forum finally got their way.

I'm toying with the idea of subbing, but I'm not really understanding the relationship/difference with Marketplace Cash and Loyalty Points.

The wiki sez PlayStation users get LP to spend in the Emporium vending machine "because they have no Marketplace like on PC," but if I press Options, the Marketplace is one of my options, and seems to offer the same stuff as the Emporium, only charging MC instead of what I assume to be LP.

Is there any difference between the Marketplace and the Emporium? Is the currency they use interchangeable, or am I gonna be stuck running to the vending machine every time just because I'm a PlayStation subscriber? I can buy MC, but I didn't notice a way to buy LP. Can I?

Oh, supposedly subscribing gives me all the DLC, but I noticed there are some Hideout themes I can purchase until I have the DLC, but if I sub, will I get all of those themes, or do I need to save up my LP for them? If I spend LP granted by my sub, do I keep that stuff after my sub lapses?

What's the advantage to just buying DLC over subbing? Oh, and if I sub, that's gonna give me access to PlanetSide as well, right?
Marketplace Cash is something new they added when they launched the PS4 version of the game. Prior to it all the Marketplace transactions were funded directly by the PSN Wallet. Since they have no direct control over the PS Store, the Wallet, & PSN account entitlements like they do on the PC side with Station accounts/Station cash, they came up with the idea of loyalty points and the loyalty vendor. IMO, they should have dumped the loyalty point system when they introduced marketplace cash.

As for the differences between the marketplace and the vendor, the major one is the currency is not interchangeable and the only way to get loyalty points is via your monthly 500 grant. If you need 50 more loyalty points for something you're SOL and have to wait till your next grant for that purchase. Since you can't buy the points you probably wont visit the vendor more than once a month and you might also wanna consider just hoarding your loyalty points until stuff goes on sale. If you don't want to wait, you can always fork over the cash by buying some MC and using the Marketplace.

As for your questions on the sub, a sub gives you all the DLC PACKS but it does not give you all the other items for sale like marketplace skins, standalone Legends characters, base themes, portable workstation, etc... You can use your loyalty points to purchase those things (I highly recommend you wait for sales though). IIRC the Home Turf DLC Pack includes the Gothic and Deco themes so you get those with a sub, but everything else is sold a la carte via the loyalty shop/marketplace.

Anything you purchase with loyalty points is yours to keep. You also keep your loyalty points and can spend them after your sub expires.

The major advantage of going dlc over sub is you don't have to keep paying a sub fee to access content. With so much stuff locked behind the paygate though and so many people skipping over the lowered tiered stuff (guessing that's gonna start changing when the next game update launches), I'd go sub to sample the DLC's and then figure out which ones to buy instead of just going directly to purchasing DLC's.

As for PlanetSide, they haven't confirmed that for the console sub. I'm guessing we'll know their plans for PS2 pretty soon since E3 is right around the corner.

IconGrist

This game is a huge grind since I play alone. I know I'm not getting the most out of the game that way but I enjoy it a lot. My main toon has a CR of 37 and it takes forever to gain enough Marks to buy another piece of armor. The T2 sets apparently want hundreds of them per piece. Is there a faster way to gain Marks that doesn't involve grouping or spending all my replay badges?

You get access to all the DLC packs and all the other perks attached to the old DCUO sub.

5uyHpHE.png

https://www.soe.com/allaccess#premium-benefits

Cool, hate having to start over though on PC. Will the all access sub include Everquest Next when it launches, don't see it on the list of games on their site.

Killthee

This game is a huge grind since I play alone. I know I'm not getting the most out of the game that way but I enjoy it a lot. My main toon has a CR of 37 and it takes forever to gain enough Marks to buy another piece of armor. The T2 sets apparently want hundreds of them per piece. Is there a faster way to gain Marks that doesn't involve grouping or spending all my replay badges?
You need to group up ASAP before they patch the teleporters in the next Game Update.

You can bypass the CR restrictions of the matchmaking queue by grouping up beforehand and letting some one else walk you in via the teleporter. Once they walk in, the teleporter lights up even if your CR is too low for the instance. You won't get boss loot, but you will get the marks which drop like candy in T4+. Gates is the favorite instance for doing this since it's so easy, just keep a lookout in the LFG channel for a Gates Walk In (the teleporter is in the Magic Wing) or join a league that doesn't mind carrying you. If you keep going at it solo you're gonna have a rough time grinding it out.

Cool, hate having to start over though on PC. Will the all access sub include Everquest Next when it launches, don't see it on the list of games on their site.
Yeah they've said it'll also cover it. I think its not listed cause the games isn't launching any time soon.

We will be upgrading all existing individual game memberships to the new All Access plan, which will include the top-tier membership level in all eligible SOE games (EverQuest, EverQuest II, DC Universe Online PC, PlanetSide 2 PC, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, and the upcoming EverQuest Next and EQN Landmark) for one, low monthly rate of $14.99 (with extra savings for 3, 6, and 12 month plans). We’re also finalizing membership benefits to other games such as Dragon’s Prophet and will share these new updates as available.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eve...april-21-the-new-soe-all-access-plan-faq.356/

The sub benefits don't include early access to all the new games they're launching though so you'll have to wait for the game to go open beta or fork over the cash for alpha/closed beta access.

IconGrist

You need to group up ASAP before they patch the teleporters in the next Game Update.

You can bypass the CR restrictions of the matchmaking queue by grouping up beforehand and letting some one else walk you in via the teleporter. Once they walk in, the teleporter lights up even if your CR is too low for the instance. You won't get boss loot, but you will get the marks which drop like candy in T4+. Gates is the favorite instance for doing this since it's so easy, just keep a lookout in the LFG channel for a Gates Walk In (the teleporter is in the Magic Wing) or join a league that doesn't mind carrying you. If you keep going at it solo you're gonna have a rough time grinding it out.

I don't mind the grind. I know it will take an insufferably long time but I dislike relying on randoms and none of my friends like these types of games. Oh well, I'm in no particular hurry. Thanks though.

Marketplace Cash is something new they added when they launched the PS4 version of the game. Prior to it all the Marketplace transactions were funded directly by the PSN Wallet. Since they have no direct control over the PS Store, the Wallet, & PSN account entitlements like they do on the PC side with Station accounts/Station cash, they came up with the idea of loyalty points and the loyalty vendor. IMO, they should have dumped the loyalty point system when they introduced marketplace cash.

As for the differences between the marketplace and the vendor, the major one is the currency is not interchangeable and the only way to get loyalty points is via your monthly 500 grant. If you need 50 more loyalty points for something you're SOL and have to wait till your next grant for that purchase. Since you can't buy the points you probably wont visit the vendor more than once a month and you might also wanna consider just hoarding your loyalty points until stuff goes on sale. If you don't want to wait, you can always fork over the cash by buying some MC and using the Marketplace.
Thanks for the response. Yeah, that's pretty much what I gathered based on a thread I found on the official forums.

So, am I leaping to conclusions, or am I correct in thinking this is a manufactured problem? I understand initially SOE didn't want to cut PSN in on the deal, and that's why LP were created, but now that you can buy stuff directly through the PSN, why was MC created? I see no reason at all they couldn't have simply given people the ability to buy LP, or they could've starting referring to LP as MC, or whatever. Why create a second (third) currency, whose only purpose seems to be to cause more incompatibility with the existing currencies? Then to add insult to injury, LP can only be spent at those stupid vending machines, while PC players get to spend their Fun Bucks anywhere they please.

Am I wrong to be put off by this? Am I missing something fundamental here? Have they said anything about why this is an issue in the first place, how they're fixing it, and when? It feels like the PS users are getting fucked over for no particular reason, which makes me disinclined to subscribe. =/

As for your questions on the sub, a sub gives you all the DLC PACKS but it does not give you all the other items for sale like marketplace skins, standalone Legends characters, base themes, portable workstation, etc... You can use your loyalty points to purchase those things (I highly recommend you wait for sales though). IIRC the Home Turf DLC Pack includes the Gothic and Deco themes so you get those with a sub, but everything else is sold a la carte via the loyalty shop/marketplace.

Anything you purchase with loyalty points is yours to keep. You also keep your loyalty points and can spend them after your sub expires.
Ah, okay. That all makes sense, I suppose.

The major advantage of going dlc over sub is you don't have to keep paying a sub fee to access content. With so much stuff locked behind the paygate though and so many people skipping over the lowered tiered stuff (guessing that's gonna start changing when the next game update launches), I'd go sub to sample the DLC's and then figure out which ones to buy instead of just going directly to purchasing DLC's.

As for PlanetSide, they haven't confirmed that for the console sub. I'm guessing we'll know their plans for PS2 pretty soon since E3 is right around the corner.
Yeah, subscribing sounds like the better way to go, though like I said, I'm not really eager to sign up if I'm gonna be treated like a second-class citizen. I'd really like to see what SOE has to say about this. =/

Killthee

Thanks for the response. Yeah, that's pretty much what I gathered based on a thread I found on the official forums.

So, am I leaping to conclusions, or am I correct in thinking this is a manufactured problem? I understand initially SOE didn't want to cut PSN in on the deal, and that's why LP were created, but now that you can buy stuff directly through the PSN, why was MC created? I see no reason at all they couldn't have simply given people the ability to buy LP, or they could've starting referring to LP as MC, or whatever. Why create a second (third) currency, whose only purpose seems to be to cause more incompatibility with the existing currencies? Then to add insult to injury, LP can only be spent at those stupid vending machines, while PC players get to spend their Fun Bucks anywhere they please.

Am I wrong to be put off by this? Am I missing something fundamental here? Have they said anything about why this is an issue in the first place, how they're fixing it, and when? It feels like the PS users are getting fucked over for no particular reason, which makes me disinclined to subscribe. =/
AFAICT, MC was created to bypass the PS Store and to gain control over the Marketplace. Prior to MC everything had to go through SCEA/SCEE because all the transactions were funded by PSN cash and the entitlements were granted directly to PSN accounts. Sales, new items, and release dates all had to go through SCEA/SCEE before they went live in game cause SCEA/SCEE are the ones in charge of the PS Stores and since the PS Store is only updated once a week, all new items were getting held up for the weekly store update. Sales were also extremely rare cause any sale had to last for at least 1 week due to the PS Store updating only once a week.

By moving most of the Marketplace transactions over to Marketplace Cash instead of direct PSN funds they only have to deal with SCEA/SCEE when they sell MC or modify its price. Most (all?) other transactions are funded via MC and handled on SOE's servers bypassing PSN. If they want to release a new item on a Friday or have a weekend sale they can do so now cause they don't have to coordinate with SCEA/SCEE. I think Dust 514 was the first F2P game to use this type of funding system and since then I think all the other F2P games on PSN use a similar funding mechanism for their in game shops.

With that said, they should have totally dumped the Loyalty Point system and granted every subscriber a monthly allowance of MC when they introduced it to the game. At the very least they should have announced plans to rectify it when they announced the new All Access Plan for PC.

Well, Marketplace Cash is functionally no different from Station Cash, or Microsoft Points, or whatever. The only reason to not simply give PS users SC from day one is then SOE would need to give 30% of every transaction, so LP was born, and PS users just got their allowance and nothing else.
And had to spend it at a vending machine because fuck SCE, I guess.

But now SOE and SCE have come to terms and PS users can finally buy Fun Bucks. But instead of buying more of the kind they already have, they can only buy a third kind which is completely incompatible with the other two. Because seriously, fuck SCE? What gives? =/

Paganmoon

Thanks for the tips about the "find a league" forum. Still trying solo for now, and it's not going too well, did Inner Sanctum yesterday, and well didn't go too well.

On another note, finding it very difficult to see what DLC the different (solo) missions are from, and what gear is required. Did a Catwoman mission yesterday, and got some blues, figured, well I already got purples so, then checked the stats and they were iLVL 53, so apparently from some DLC. Am I just not looking in the right place?

And about R&D, I'm going through gear at an alarming rate, what's the fastest way to get R&D for sockets? With the rate I'm switching out gear, I'll have to spend hours a day just gathering exobits.

Thanks for the tips about the "find a league" forum. Still trying solo for now, and it's not going too well, did Inner Sanctum yesterday, and well didn't go too well.

On another note, finding it very difficult to see what DLC the different (solo) missions are from, and what gear is required. Did a Catwoman mission yesterday, and got some blues, figured, well I already got purples so, then checked the stats and they were iLVL 53, so apparently from some DLC. Am I just not looking in the right place?

And about R&D, I'm going through gear at an alarming rate, what's the fastest way to get R&D for sockets? With the rate I'm switching out gear, I'll have to spend hours a day just gathering exobits.

I'm not sure I fully understand the question about solo missions. What's your current CR and what sort of mission are you looking for? Also, gear color isn't always a reliable predictor of its level, make sure to look for the item level on it.

As for R&D you can do a couple things-- use synthetic mods bought with marks (these can be found at tier gear vendors), use recovery kits to get back some of the exos you use to mod gear, buy some R&D scanners to make farming exos easier, find some money and buy exos / mods from the Auction House.

How do I get stuffs like mailbox, broker, r&d, etc. for my base?

By completing these collections: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...urf-collections-investigations-briefings.268/

It's also been announced that these base amenities will also go on the marketplace from purchase for cash in the future but no ETA when.

Paganmoon

I'm not sure I fully understand the question about solo missions. What's your current CR and what sort of mission are you looking for? Also, gear color isn't always a reliable predictor of its level, make sure to look for the item level on it.

As for R&D you can do a couple things-- use synthetic mods bought with marks (these can be found at tier gear vendors), use recovery kits to get back some of the exos you use to mod gear, buy some R&D scanners to make farming exos easier, find some money and buy exos / mods from the Auction House.

Thanks, I've got like 50000 credits right now, and looking at the auction house, doesn't seem like it would give me much, will look into the tier vendors, don't think I've seen any on the T1 vendor though.

My CR is 47 right now, what I meant was, I jumped into the mission thinking it was a regular mission, and it ended up being a bit tougher than I thought it would be for a solo run, had to kite a few mobs away and die so I could pass them and finish it. And when the mission ended, I noticed I got gear that was higher iLVL than the T1 gear, so figured it must be from a DLC, but nowhere did I see the mission indicating that it was a "tougher" mission. Was just wondering if there is a way to see this before starting the mission.

Thanks, I've got like 50000 credits right now, and looking at the auction house, doesn't seem like it would give me much, will look into the tier vendors, don't think I've seen any on the T1 vendor though.

My CR is 47 right now, what I meant was, I jumped into the mission thinking it was a regular mission, and it ended up being a bit tougher than I thought it would be for a solo run, had to kite a few mobs away and die so I could pass them and finish it. And when the mission ended, I noticed I got gear that was higher iLVL than the T1 gear, so figured it must be from a DLC, but nowhere did I see the mission indicating that it was a "tougher" mission. Was just wondering if there is a way to see this before starting the mission.

Ah, OK. Not all of the content that's higher than where you are now is DLC content. It's all broken into Tiers and you can see those from the on duty menu.

I think the synth mods start with the T3/ Central City T2.5 vendors but don't quote me on that :p

Paganmoon

Ah, OK. Not all of the content that's higher than where you are now is DLC content. It's all broken into Tiers and you can see those from the on duty menu.

I think the synth mods start with the T3/ Central City T2.5 vendors but don't quote me on that :p

Aiight, thanks again. I thought the on duty menu was only for alerts/dungeons and raids. But can you do missions/quests from there aswell? So I don't have to fly to the location everytime?

Man, I'm an MMO player since Everquest, but sorta feel lost in this game sometimes hehe.

Aiight, thanks again. I thought the on duty menu was only for alerts/dungeons and raids. But can you do missions/quests from there aswell? So I don't have to fly to the location everytime?

Man, I'm an MMO player since Everquest, but sorta feel lost in this game sometimes hehe.

Yeah, it does an exceedingly poor job of explaining a lot things :p

And yes, you can go into the Tiered solo missions via the On Duty menu. Some also have walk ins, some don't.

I main a hero, and I want to make a villain. Thing is, can my hero friend the villain I make? Can the villain access the shared bank with my hero? Can my hero send cash to him via email and vice versa?

I main a hero, and I want to make a villain. Thing is, can my hero friend the villain I make? Can the villain access the shared bank with my hero? Can my hero send cash to him via email and vice versa?

Not sure about the friending part. I want to say no, last time I checked. But it has been awhile. As for the other questions. Yes, you can access your shared bank, as that is literally account-wide. Mailing will also work with both cash and items you pick up. I often use each of my sides to look at the markets, just to see if certain items are cheaper on one or the other. It's also the only way you'll be able to collect some costume parts.

What the hell? I used my main toon to buy 2 rifles from the broker which worth 4k of cash. I mailed them to my other toon. The mail never arrived. What?

Edit: nvm. Turned out for what ever reason, it took 10 mins for the mail to arrive.

Paganmoon

4k Ingame cash? seriously? I can't find -anything- at the broker under 150000, that's what level 15 items start at. Level 30 items are 500k and up.

1 Exobit goes for 40-60k, what the hell is up with the economy in this game. can't wrap my head around it.

Edit: Villain on EUPS. Maybe I should make an alt on Hero side and check prices there.

4k Ingame cash? seriously? I can't find -anything- at the broker under 150000, that's what level 15 items start at. Level 30 items are 500k and up.

1 Exobit goes for 40-60k, what the hell is up with the economy in this game. can't wrap my head around it.

I rarely buy from broker, only sell :p The only problem I have is that every time I try to sell something, someone will sell the same thing for half the price. But I guess I can't complain since I use the same strategy to sell stuffs :/

All of the exobits I have, I found them while wandering around. Since R&D modding in later level costs a bunch, it's understandable that R&D stuffs is rather expensive.

I just got a new 360 controller and decided to play the game with it. However, there is some problems.

For example, when I press the right strafing key on the keyboard (D by default), the character moves to the right and doesn't change its direction unless I move the camera with my mouse. But it's not the same with the controller. When I push the left thumbstick to the right, the character looks to the right like it should but runs around in a circle, without me moving the camera or anything. It's like the camera tries to follow and face the character's back, and I don't like that. I tried turning Auto Follow on and off but it makes no different.

Another thing is, when using keyboard and mouse, the game will try to target enemies in the direction my camera is facing. So if I run backward, I can still target and ranged attack enemies at my forward. Run and gun, basically. But when using a controller, the game will try to target enemy in the direction my character is facing. So if I run backward, I will target and attack enemies at my backward which I can't even see. I tried changing the targeting setting but like the above result, no different.

Can anyone enlighten me on how to change the controller's behavior to the way I want it to be?

Paganmoon

I just got a new 360 controller and decided to play the game with it. However, there is some problems.

For example, when I press the right strafing key on the keyboard (D by default), the character moves to the right and doesn't change its direction unless I move the camera with my mouse. But it's not the same with the controller. When I push the left thumbstick to the right, the character looks to the right like it should but runs around in a circle, without me moving the camera or anything. It's like the camera tries to follow and face the character's back, and I don't like that. I tried turning Auto Follow on and off but it makes no different.

Another thing is, when using keyboard and mouse, the game will try to target enemies in the direction my camera is facing. So if I run backward, I can still target and ranged attack enemies at my forward. Run and gun, basically. But when using a controller, the game will try to target enemy in the direction my character is facing. So if I run backward, I will target and attack enemies at my backward which I can't even see. I tried changing the targeting setting but like the above result, no different.

Can anyone enlighten me on how to change the controller's behavior to the way I want it to be?

Not sure about changing the behavior of the controller, but there should be a setting to autolock on enemies, also if you hold L1, or the equivalent on the X360 controller, you lock on a target, and you can move back to the sides etc, without loosing target, character goes into "strafe mode" of sorts.

I was curious was there any DCUO news during E3?

Not that I heard.

Question, recently hit T4, there seems to be only one alert, no duos, challenges or raids. uhm, what's the general idea for gearing up at T4?

Killthee

I was curious was there any DCUO news during E3?
I don't think the team went to the show this year. Jens usually tweets from the show floor when he's there and he didn't do that this year.

SOE Live is right around the corner so that's probably the next event the game will be at.

Question, recently hit T4, there seems to be only one alert, no duos, challenges or raids. uhm, what's the general idea for gearing up at T4?
The free ride ends at T4 right now. They might add more free content eventually but right now, like you said there's only one free T4 alert. Everything else, including all the T5 & T6 content, is locked behind the paywall.

Battle for Earth has 2 T4 raids which a lot of people are still running cause they're easy and the payout is good.
Hand of Fate has 1 T4 alert & 2 T4 raids. These instances take place in the open world and are called Operations.
Home Turf has 2 T4 solo dailies & a T4 bounty that most people skip. It also includes the Utility Belt and White Mods which both come in handy later on in the game when you're overflowing with marks.

I found T4 to be pretty rough to get out of because of the limited amount of alerts. It doesn't help that Inner is so long and so many people have a rough time with it. If you have the cash and are still interested in the game, buy Battle for Earth and Hand of Fate for the raids. If you want to speed up the grind a bit more or like doing some solo content, pick up Home Turf.

Once you get over the T4 hump, T5 is a breeze (if you get all 3 T5 DLC packs). There's 3 dailies, 2 challenges, 3 duo's, 5 alerts, 4 raids, and 2 weekly bounties spread out in the 3 T5 DLC packs.

Paganmoon

I'm actually a subscriber:) found the to.morrow solo missions. But sucks that there is so little in the on duty menu at this tier. Guess ill just grind the missions. Don't have a league for the raids, and alerts.

Thanks for the info

Killthee

I'm actually a subscriber:) found the to.morrow solo missions. But sucks that there is so little in the on duty menu at this tier. Guess ill just grind the missions. Don't have a league for the raids, and alerts.

Thanks for the info
The raids at that level are pretty easy and the payout is pretty big, so try to join a pug if you see someone shouting for them in LFG. The only one that might give you some trouble while being undergeared is Prime Battleground.

Also complete the investigation set (might be the briefings.... don't remember) inside Gates & Prime, you get a pretty high level mask for that tier when you do. Note that to get the ones in Prime you'll need some help cause one of them requires pushing a button sequence in order so ask for help whenever you get around to doing it.

And don't forget to mod your gear to increase your CR.

Top Bottom