• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafai1123

Banned
I was literally yelling at my TV because these fuck head characters are so stupid. This show is a great study on how NOT to handle plot armor. At this point I watch it less because I actually like it and more because I can't wait to see what dumb fuck decisions the writers can come up with next.

Magwik

Banned
Yeah there's no reason for her to care about that incarnation of Carter and Rip should have just taken the mace himself and beat Savage to death

Sephzilla

Just going by comments I'm strongly assuming they had yet another chance to stop/contain Vandal Savage and Savage got away purely because they need to string out a couple more episodes? This show should have been a 6 episode mini series.

ZeroX03

Banned
Kendra was doing quite nicely until she clammed up. Figuring out how to make a weapon to kill him was good, beating the shit out of him was good, freezing up because she's awful was not good.

The thieves were on fire this episode with one liners. Really everything was great until the last few minutes.

Yeah there's no reason for her to care about that incarnation of Carter and Rip should have just taken the mace himself and beat Savage to death

Only works if she's holding it. Because reasons

Just going by comments I'm strongly assuming they had yet another chance to stop/contain Vandal Savage and Savage got away purely because they need to string out a couple more episodes? This show should have been a 6 episode mini series.

Even worse.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

They at least have contained him. People are complaining that they didn't kill him instead while having an easy opportunity to do so.

If the Hawks' reincarnation stuff were explained differently, it could have worked. Like, if one of them died before coming online with their memories then something bad would happen or something.

But with how it's been explained, the stakes are so low there might as well be no stakes.

Rip should have threatened to shoot the other hawk arse in the face if she didn't cave in Sandal's head.

Jesus, what the fuck is getting bent out of shape for anyway? They are going to go back to a timeline where the other hawk arse is alive and well, so what the fuck. Killing Sandal resets everything right?

Ending time happens at least once a season on Doctor Who. I still don't know what the fuck that actually means.
Time end or ending time is a Sci-fine event that happens when time does not exist as a concept except for beings out of the current dimension.

It would imply that savage used his powers of immortality to
-stop the time stream for everyone except the time masters
-take control of the time masters
-manage to stop time except for him

I'm trying to find some logic for this show..
Did I succeed ?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Rip keeps saying that Savage "ended time". Whatever the fuck that means. I'm pretty sure that they are going to go with all of the shit that Rip has been doing has damaged time and he is responsible for the whole fucking thing.

I have a suspicion that the big twist is going to be that Savage is running the Time Masters.

So sick of this Savage stuff. It requires way too much plot armor to stretch it out an entire season.
You know, they could just avoid all of it by making Savage formidable. In his first appearance, he easily beat Green Arrow and Flash, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to imagine that he could beat all these losers. But no. Instead, he's much slower and weaker now, for some reason, and he had to rely on the heroes being rubbish at their jobs.

Also, his daughter (Scandal Savage) should have just said they took the bracelet. That would have been believable, since he should know they'd be after it.

Parch

The Marty McFly laws of time travel are not universal. They can make up whatever crap scenario they want for a time paradox. Logic need not apply.

Joni

And a lot better than the original design:

13.jpg

I mean that convo between Kendra and Rory happened for a reason. She never killed before and while she's been killed many times she still didn't seem ready to kill. It didn't help that Carter was there and it emotionally broke her.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
The most frustrating part is that it was a genuinely good episode and the writers completely shit the bed with diarrhea in the last 5 minutes.

At this point I watch it less because I actually like it and more because I can't wait to see what dumb fuck decisions the writers can come up with next.
Same here. Among my friends we call this show "Losers of Tomorrow" since that's all they do thanks to writing that makes them act like retards.

Oh and Snart and Mick. Those 2 are worth watching the show for as well. If they're gone from season 2 so am I.

morningbus

ArrowverseGAF should make their own show tbh.
My friends and I have already been working on a spin-off show for Detective Lance and Donna Smoak called Where There's Smoak There's Fire.

They open up a private detective agency in Opal City and their first case is tracking down a missing hero who called himself Starman.

You know you want this.

God this is like last weeks flash all over again... at least this show only ruined the episode in the last 5 minutes rather then Flash which was like 15...

The giant robot fight was awesome, Savages daughter was great with Snart and I was really hoping they would bring her along but nope.

Then Kendra goes from kicking ass to falling apart because of one fucking scene... It's just awful.

My friends and I have already been working on a spin-off show for Detective Lance and Donna Smoak called Where There's Smoak There's Fire.

They open up a private detective agency in Opal City and their first case is tracking down a missing hero who called himself Starman.

You know you want this.
I'll watch it day one.

Effect

I refuse to give Ray the L for this episode. He was putting in work of the highest order. What happen at the end was not his fault. He 100% did his part of the mission.

Kendra. You're fucking worst. Damn. You saw it coming but still. For a while there I thought she was going to be about to it. She was kicking his ass and had Savage and he knew it.

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW - "Legendary"

THE FINAL BATTLE – After the numerous sacrifices the team has made since the beginning of this ride, Rip (Arthur Darvill) decides that it’s time they each decide their own destiny and returns them to Central City a few months after they first left. Returned to their normal lives, each team member must individually decide if they are willing to sacrifice everything in order to save the world. Meanwhile, Sara (Caity Lotz) visits with her father (guest star Paul Blackthorne) who delivers some heartbreaking news about her sister. Dermott Downs directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Chris Fedak and teleplay by Phil Klemmer & Marc Guggenheim.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
"Impossible choice." Come the fuck on, it really isn't. Kill Savage and figure the Carter stuff out later. The whole "You brainwashed him..." stuff was so dreadfully bad. Why even write the characters into a situation like that? It isn't dramatic or tense, it just makes everyone look like a fool.

Why would Carter even need his memories if Vandal Savage is killed? Oh no, Savage erased his millennia of suffering and remembering his own deaths? Oh no..?

Magwik

Banned
They spend plenty of episodes of Kendra rejecting her "destiny" only for her to completely regress all of that development the moment they have Vandal Savage in their hands
Fuck this

Xemnas89

They spend plenty of episodes of Kendra rejecting her "destiny" only for her to completely regress all of that development the moment they have Vandal Savage in their hands
Fuck this

Yeah that was the big problem. Was a pretty good episode then they ruined Kendra at the end.

grendelrt

Was a really great episode , cool fights, giant ass robot battle, then Kendra fucks everything and decides that Carter having his memory is more important than millions of peoples lives. SO FUCKING HORRIBLE....seriously....I mean Carter wasnt even going to die....fuck this show

XAL

Between this, Arrow, and the Flash the last couple episodes have just made me roll my eyes so fucking hard.

Makes me wish they'd all get cancelled. So much dumb garbage happening it makes me not want to watch anymore.

morningbus

Between this, Arrow, and the Flash the last couple episodes have just made me roll my eyes so fucking hard.

Makes me wish they'd all get cancelled. So much dumb garbage happening it makes me not want to watch anymore.

I give you permission to stop watching.

Xemnas89

At least you had Wells calling out barry for his stupidity in the last episode and some good crazy Hunter scenes.

XAL

At least you had Wells calling out barry for his stupidity in the last episode and some good crazy Hunter scenes.

Yeah I mean there's good with the bad, but when you have the hero have the villain dead to rights and then a writing convenience lets the bad guy get away across 3 shows...boring. All of these shows are getting sloppier as they go on.

I just caught the latest episode. WTF Kendra?? Fucking bash his skull in!! I was screaming at the TV. Arghhhh. This is so infuriating! Besides that, I enjoyed the episode. Ray vs giant robot was great. Although it could've been sped up quite a bit.

ZeroX03

Banned

Because you can't stop yourself from watching

Let's cancel the show for everybody

And while we're at it, bring back Teletubbies so you can learn about sharing and not throwing tantrums

Luigi87

Wouldn't Carter reincarnate again anyway? Seemed like a stupid thing to not kill Savage there. It felt like Jessica Jones.

No, as I posted on the previous page (and everyone ignored D=) the plot has actually dictated that Carter and Kendra only reincarnate if they are killed by Savage, and that Savage can only kill them if they regain their memories. Savage purposely locked Carter's memories away knowing that Kendra was among the time traveling group, so rather than wait for him to regain his memories, kill him, and absorb his life energy, he purposely sealed Carter's memories to place Kendra in this exact situation.

Usually Savage waits until they're together after their memories awaken to kill them, but since he knew that Kendra was time hopping, there wasn't a need.

Maddocks

What I don't get is why she even cared, that is not her Carter. She would go back to 2016 rid of the curse of reincarnation and she can then live her life with Ray.

Terrible ending to that episode.

Platy

Why was giant atom cgi every time ?

Why did kendra stopped killing savage because of a version that she never meet ?

Where was the ship during the giant fight ?

How did gideon got the footage of savage on the past ?

SO MANY QUESTIONS

Parch

All 3 have declined IMO. Gotham is miles ahead of the other DC shows now.

How did gideon got the footage of savage on the past ?

It was at a shareholder's meeting. Usually, the minutes of such meetings are kept for future reference. It's not outside the realm of possibility that the minutes are kept in the form of video footage.

Its not spelled out, but its not a plot hole, either.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah the close-ups of his head didn't need to be CGI. Do they have trouble green screening the Atom suit's head or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom