• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
LEGENDS OF TOMORROW - "Legendary"

But WHY ?
Why are they going back when they accomplished nothing .

Can't wait untill someone ask them "what were you doing during those 3 months and their reply would be " nothing , we just made thing worse !"

Legends needs break time before they even accomplished SOMETHING ? such legends they are ... Tomorrow you'll try again !

[Arrow s4 death spoilers? Do I have to tag that here I guess? I even dropped Arrow...]

Sara gonna
decide to stick with the team for another season all to undo Laurel's death with time hacks.

Canaries savin' each other from their graves awwyeah

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Kendra is the worst. That's not even her timeline's Carter. Even if they get Carter's memories back and kill Savage, what then? There's still (in theory) another Kendra in that timeline. What happens if they find that Kendra? Some sort of weird love triangle? Would the Kendras share Carter? Or would current Kendra go back to her timeline?

They are parts of this show I like but when it's bad, it's really bad.

And how much gold was in that bracelet?

ZeroX03

Banned
I totally like him. He's the Felicity of the team.

WWq3q.gif

The Carter thing makes a small bit of sense, in that they presumably don't come back when Savage is dead.

Wouldn't killing Savage would reset the timeline though? They'd go back to just before they were picked up by Rip and Carter would still be alive?

She'd still have the rest of her life to be with him, back in her own time...so why she cared so much about future Carter, a Carter that wouldn't exist if she killed Savage was weird.

Joni

Wouldn't killing Savage would reset the timeline though? They'd go back to just before they were picked up by Rip and Carter would still be alive?

She'd still have the rest of her life to be with him, back in her own time...so why she cared so much about future Carter, a Carter that wouldn't exist if she killed Savage was weird.

That would fit feel weird. He is not a time traveller, so they would only kill the future of Savage. The 2000 years before it still happened?

Toki767

No, as I posted on the previous page (and everyone ignored D=) the plot has actually dictated that Carter and Kendra only reincarnate if they are killed by Savage, and that Savage can only kill them if they regain their memories. Savage purposely locked Carter's memories away knowing that Kendra was among the time traveling group, so rather than wait for him to regain his memories, kill him, and absorb his life energy, he purposely sealed Carter's memories to place Kendra in this exact situation.

Usually Savage waits until they're together after their memories awaken to kill them, but since he knew that Kendra was time hopping, there wasn't a need.

That part makes sense, but then technically, doesn't Savage need to kill Carter and Kendra every 100 years or something to stay alive? If they time jumped into the future, shouldn't Savage have already been dead if Kendra isn't around?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The giant robot fight was silly, but also kinda cool. The rest of the episode was alright but I'm really tired of them stretching this shit out. The season should have been 10 episodes max.

Phyranion

That would fit feel weird. He is not a time traveller, so they would only kill the future of Savage. The 2000 years before it still happened?
It depends on how the show's "time logic" works. They could get away with saying that killing Savage before he kills Rip's family means Rip never assembled the team in the first place.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
It depends on how the show's "time logic" works. They could get away with saying that killing Savage before he kills Rip's family means Rip never assembled the team in the first place.

There is no time logic at this point. That isn't even me being nitpicky or overly critical. I think I've seen every popular interpretation of time travel on this show, even contradictory ones.

Rip trying to save his family multiple times goes against the premise they setup initially, even. The show tried to erase the idea of the Waverider being a "Redo Machine" by saying that you can't jump into events in your own timeline. So they can't fuck up an operation in the 1960s, and then just travel to the same time and do it again. Obviously this is just a way the writers are trying to apply some stakes and danger to the mission.

Even when they do mess something up in the past, time supposedly takes time (Eugh) to solidify so they can still change things. Which makes no sense because that's really a matter of perspective. Like when they went to Star City in the future, supposedly that was just a possible future. But aren't any of the futures "possible" futures? It's someone's present, and things have been changed so many times over.

Or last episode with The Pilgrim killing them in their past to erase them from existing. All it did was basically wipe you out in the present. Which makes zero sense. Like the guy the Time Masters did it to just disappearing or Ray having injuries from his fight a year ago...it doesn't make a lick of sense.

Why can't they just put Savage on the moon? Or keep him locked up? Or anything. The show hasn't even explained how he is coming back. They could at least make up some bullshit to explain why certain options aren't viable. The premise of the show just gets more flimsy as the season goes on.

So, going by that rounded up 4,000 years that they've been rounding up and the number of they've apparently been killed (206) by Savage that would leave their average age at 19 and that's assuming there weren't times where they might've died before he got to them or got one but the other ended up surviving long enough to die without him. Do they "wake up" at the same time every time or is there inconsistencies? Because neither Kendra or Carter, from what we've seen have ever been that young. Wouldn't it make sense for them to manifest or start to at the exact age they were when they died? For some reason I get the feeling they threw numbers and the idea out there and didn't bothering putting much thought into it. Kendra's story would be so much more interesting if it was actually about escaping destiny and breaking the cycle but instead it looks like they're hung up on delivering shipping bate.

There's a world where the ending somewhat could have worked, but it did not work on like every level.

No one likes Carter.

At all.

Quite a few seem to like him on Twitter but it's hard to tell if they're genuine or if it's people just being sycophantic ass kissers on there.

No, as I posted on the previous page (and everyone ignored D=) the plot has actually dictated that Carter and Kendra only reincarnate if they are killed by Savage, and that Savage can only kill them if they regain their memories. Savage purposely locked Carter's memories away knowing that Kendra was among the time traveling group, so rather than wait for him to regain his memories, kill him, and absorb his life energy, he purposely sealed Carter's memories to place Kendra in this exact situation.

Usually Savage waits until they're together after their memories awaken to kill them, but since he knew that Kendra was time hopping, there wasn't a need.

What would there be to stop Kendra or Carter dying before that happens or they meet or even before Savage kills them? Especially in those earlier eras where dying young came much easier? What if they reincarnated in a place Savage probably shouldn't have been able to reach? I don't remember that being the rule, just that Savage increases his power every time he kills them and that's why he seeks them out and can apparently sense them after they do, he doesn't need to kill them for their reincarnation. Old Kendra who is still alive for some reason and managed to apparently stay away from him until she dies. Besides that, Kendra was out of the time line for 150 years so what's happened in, what I would assume, at least two other times Carter reincarnated? It's also irrelevant because once Kendra is back in her time line the whole Carter thing is going to change. They just set this up for the fall out that's going to probably happen in the next episode and we get some "I should've killed him" drama. Granted there was the thing about Savage killing them 206 times over "4,000 years" but as I said before that number just seems iffy like it's something the writers pulled out without putting much thought into it which seems to be a problem for all these Berlanti produced super hero shows with sacrificing the integrity of characters for the sake of plot. Are show bibles still a thing? I understand they may rely more on assistants and script coordinators but they still have physical ones, right? I would love to see this show's or any of these Berlanti produced super hero shows' bibles.

Then thing is, again, that wasn't her Carter and she, as it stands hasn't even been around for 150 years at that point, shit is going to be altered anyway when she goes back to her present unless they end up hand waving the paradox which they probably will.

CloudWolf

So, going by that rounded up 4,000 years that they've been rounding up and the number of they've apparently been killed (206) by Savage that would leave their average age at 19 and that's assuming there weren't times where they might've died before he got to them or got one but the other ended up surviving long enough to die without him. Do they "wake up" at the same time every time or is there inconsistencies? Because neither Kendra or Carter, from what we've seen have ever been that young. Wouldn't it make sense for them to manifest or start to at the exact age they were when they died? For some reason I get the feeling they threw numbers and the idea out there and didn't bothering putting much thought into it. Kendra's story would be so much more interesting if it was actually about escaping destiny and breaking the cycle but instead it looks like they're hung up on delivering shipping bate.

They probably picked some random high number and didn't think about what that actually means for the characters. These are CW superhero writers, they're known for doing stuff without thinking, especially when time travel is involved.

This show has gotten completely derailed.

Also why didn't they at least think to try to kill Savage in the stone age before he got his powers?
Why did they spend so much time in the first few episodes to get Ray's tech/Firestorm back from Vandal Savage when they could've just gone back to before they screwed up to un-screw it? Why was the team stuck in time for two years when Rip could've travelled back to mere seconds after he left them to pick them up again? Answer: Because of shoddy writing and television drama.

ZeroX03

Banned
All this talk of plot and time annoys me, we all know Savage is dying in episode 16 and that time travel works in whatever way serves the characters. Let's move on to some proper discussion.

Did you guys know Heat Wave was in a short lived TV show where he played amnesiac genius? I had no idea. He sort of looked like Tom Welling. It's called John Doe. AV Club did a write up of it recently. If you watch the first clip, you'll see a familiar face, the guy who played Griffin Grey in the most recent Flash as an actual young person. The videos are hilarious, watch them.

JohnDoe-Groupe.jpg

http://www.avclub.com/review/john-does-lack-identity-extended-beyond-its-main-c-235345

Blader

Unlike most, I thought that was a pretty dumb episode all throughout, not just a dumb ending. How many fucking times are they going to play out the exact same Ray and Kenda story?! Their subplot every episode is on a loop.

I wonder why
he takes them back to a few months after they left? Why not to immediately after they left?

Because Rip is an asshole.

Joni

Unlike most, I thought that was a pretty dumb episode all throughout, not just a dumb ending. How many fucking times are they going to play out the exact same Ray and Kenda story?! Their subplot every episode is on a loop.

About 206 times.

How many times? The number of drinks she made when she used to be a barista obviously.

tolkir

John Doe is the best work of Dominic Purcell. If I hadn't seen that show, I would think he born piss off.

It's a pity that it had a open ending due to the cancellation.

carlsojo

She should be a permanent replacement for Kendra, she has better fight skills as well.

I mean like don't most people have better fight skills? I recall Iris punching out Girder in Season 1.

Potential Kendra replacements:

1. An actual Hawkgirl.
2. Huntress
3. Nyssa
4. Katana

I mean like don't most people have better fight skills? I recall Iris punching out Girder in Season 1.

Potential Kendra replacements:

1. An actual Hawkgirl.
2. Huntress
3. Nyssa
4. Katana
5. No one

Show is already too bloated, what with Rip always inexplicably only taking half the team on each mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom