• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC there's a certain segment of Twitter/tumblr bunch that doesn't like Ciara because they didn't like her answer to "what she identifies herself as" in terms of her racial/ethnic background or whatever and because of it she's "stole" work from "real people of color". They're pretty happy about her apparent exit based on that.

TBH, I'm disappointed that she's leaving, I'm not broken up about it or anything but they could've done so much better with the character than what they did. Her story should've been one of fighting and ultimately changing her "destiny" including the whole Carter thing not giving into it. As for acting, I think she would've gotten better, she was the least experienced of the cast when it comes working in front of the camera.

LionPride

Banned
IIRC there's a certain segment of Twitter/tumblr bunch that doesn't like Ciara because they didn't like her answer to "what she identifies herself as" in terms of her racial/ethnic background or whatever and because of it she's "stole" work from "real people of color". They're pretty happy about her apparent exit based on that.

TBH, I'm disappointed that she's leaving, I'm not broken up about it or anything but they could've done so much better with the character than what they did. Her story should've been one of fighting and ultimately changing her "destiny" including the whole Carter thing not giving into it. As for acting, I think she would've gotten better, she was the least experienced of the cast when it comes working in front of the camera.
She black, but she wanna say she ain't black on Twitter, and then play black roles? I ain't with that

Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey stuff or Time Force. Take your pic.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made up some weird space time continuum science bs.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the explanation is something like "oh, the explosion didn't kill him, it just displaced him in time", and we get a Flash episode centered around saving him.

Dalek

I'm really behind on the show-watching "Last Refuge" now where the Pilgrim is trying to kill their younger selves. The biggest surprise for me is that the one character I thought would be the weakest link when the show was announced, is the one I love the most - Mick Rory. The show can be rough around the edges, but major respect to the creators of the show for turning a one note villain like Mick into a sympathetic character.

SeanC

A very hit and miss season. Some episodes were great, others not that much and they went to the "I'm not telling you everything" and the "C'mon guys we can work together if we just talk" wells a bit too much. Action was also spotty, some of it was great and others very sloppy (the finale, for example, felt like it was rushing through them and not really staging them well).

I think the show needs to pair down the heroes (which they seem to imply they're doing) and make Palmer the official leader of everyone - maybe Season 2 can be about him trying to figure out how to wear that crown - make Rip the Spock to Palmer's Kirk and build the cast around that. That's just throwing stuff out there, but I hope they have a plan to evolve the show and keep it moving forward because a lot of episodes in Season One felt stagnant on the character development front.

anaron

I remember reading the YVRshoots twitter around when LoT started filming that some fans or people trying to get close to the set insaid Ciara "was a bitch" and whatnot.

Nibiru

Banned
Then I would say you're in the minority since this season of Arrow is the strongest beralantiverse show this year.

Worst season of the show. It's basically just a joke now with all the characters doing really dumb shit all the time just to advance the plot.

AGITΩ

Isnt JSA an Earth-2 thing though? I guess with the DCEU laying claim to Justice League the Arrowverse is stuck working with JSA for their world? Which make make since if they merge Earths for the Supergirl network switch too. My minds full of fuck on what this could mean for the next season of Arrowverse shows and they pull a JSA standalone show in the future.

ZeroX03

Banned

Oh gosh we almost made it without getting into this. Yes there's a bunch of idiots out there striking up drama.

Worst season of the show. It's basically just a joke now with all the characters doing really dumb shit all the time just to advance the plot.

That describes Legends and Flash far more accurately than Arrow this year.

S4 is much better than S3.

AGITΩ;204231541 said:
Isnt JSA an Earth-2 thing though? I guess with the DCEU laying claim to Justice League the Arrowverse is stuck working with JSA for their world? Which make make since if they merge Earths for the Supergirl network switch too. My minds full of fuck on what this could mean for the next season of Arrowverse shows and they pull a JSA standalone show in the future.

Only for some of their time, historically they're still the first and post Crisis they were made the WWII era team. They don't specifically have to make them Earth-2, and probably won't.

carlsojo

With Hourman telling them that Mick sent him, it would be pretty wild if Mick is the leader of the JSA in the future.

Hypothetically, them destroying the meteors got Thanagar's attention, so they invade sooner. Mick, using his training and experience as Cronos, forms the resistance/Justice Society. Season 2 has Mick Rory doing the intro voiceover.

Volimar

With Hourman telling them that Mick sent him, it would be pretty wild if Mick is the leader of the JSA in the future.

Hypothetically, them destroying the meteors got Thanagar's attention, so they invade sooner. Mick, using his training and experience as Cronos, forms the resistance/Justice Society. Season 2 has Mick Rory doing the intro voiceover.

I hope that happens. They can hide their wings for most of the time like the hawks so it doesn't burden the FX team. Only problem is the timestream ship exterior FX have been pretty bad so far so if they're doing outer space stuff I hope the FX team brings in people that can pull it off.

carlsojo

I hope that happens. They can hide their wings for most of the time like the hawks so it doesn't burden the FX team. Only problem is the timestream ship exterior FX have been pretty bad so far so if they're doing outer space stuff I hope the FX team brings in people that can pull it off.

It was pretty brief but the shots of the Time ... Station.. thing in space looked pretty good. The shots of the Waverider traveling through the green time stream thing did not look good.

Sephzilla

I'm curious how they're going to bring back Snart. Glad Hawkgirl and Hawkman are gone. Justice Society of America getting name dropped was cool. The explanation behind being unable to save Laurel was lame.

Overall, I was rough as fuck on Legends early on but man the show improved a ton in the second half.

Volimar

I'm curious how they're going to bring back Snart. Glad Hawkgirl and Hawkman are gone. Justice Society of America getting name dropped was cool. The explanation behind being unable to save Laurel was lame.

Overall, I was rough as fuck on Legends early on but man the show improved a ton in the second half.

Zoom has a special right now on Time Remnants.

I just finished watching the finale and OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

I've spent the past 15 minutes YELLING at the top of my lungs.
The reveal at the end was the most exciting thing to happen to the Arrowverse since the introduction of the multiverse and since Barry Allen showed up on Arrow.

I FREAKED THE FREAK OUT AHHHHHHHHHHHH

gazele

Banned
super disappointed the show never addressed vandal savage being turned to dust in flash/arrow

Wasn't super impressed with the end either, but I don't know a lot about the JSA

iosefe

super disappointed the show never addressed vandal savage being turned to dust in flash/arrow

Wasn't super impressed with the end either, but I don't know a lot about the JSA

in a way they did. he recovered after being soft-killed a few times, so one can assume he pulled a Jack Harkness and reconstituted over time and hid away

Nice JSA name drop. Just finished catching up on Flash/Arrow/Legends. Looking good for the next season(s) of Arrow/Flash/Supergirl/Legends.

I'd assume this leaves Legends S2 open to all kinds of stuff.

And I
rightly assumed Sarah would be pissed off as all hell. Hope she puts Damien Dark 36 feet under, though it's probably too late at this point but I'm a big Sarah fan

Xemnas89

It was mentioned in the first episode. Kendra said green arrow and flash defeated him but then Rip said that Savage could be revived from a single cell if anyone besides the hawks killed him.

ZeroX03

Banned
Nice JSA name drop. Just finished catching up on Flash/Arrow/Legends. Looking good for the next season(s) of Arrow/Flash/Supergirl/Legends.

I'd assume this leaves Legends S2 open to all kinds of stuff.

And I
rightly assumed Sarah would be pissed off as all hell. Hope she puts Damien Dark 36 feet under, though it's probably too late at this point but I'm a big Sarah fan

Sara and Heat Wave the new main characters

GulAtiCa

Awesome season finale. Loved it. Can't wait till next season!

Overall, feel Arrow has been the strongest of the 4 shows this year, IMO. Legends been kicking it to the max for greatness last few episodes, but kinda started out slowly. But of the 4, I'm looking forward to this the most for next year. Though, still need to see how Arrow and The Flash ends next week.

Joni

You must be the only person I have ever heard to say that. I really want to hear why.
Because it has the best villain, who actually achieved something without the heroes fucking up. Because they improved their fights compared to the start of the season which was already more suited for than flash or Supergirl. More humor. More time to have plots grow compared to lot which switches too fast between years. A more consistent story compared to the three others. There is no Arrowverse this show that takes the clear victory as flash reached higher highs but lower lows, lot did more character work with sara and Snart, while Supergirl delivered more epic wtf moments.

Mario007

I want whatever you're smoking

this season and the season before have been trash

You dropped this /s.

Nah for me Arrow season 4 is the worst of the four this season.

Apart from Felicitys paralysis this has been a great season. Darkh is the best big bad the shows had this year. People in arrow, except for Felicity, dont act dumb unlike flash or lot or boring like supergirl. Flash has fallen off the cliff so deeply that the lows are too low while thw highs remain high. Same can be said of legends. Supergirl just never got to a high. Arrow has been more consistent than all shows. But no poiny arguing that in an lot thread. People have already made up their mind, I can't change that.

Joni

Apart from Felicitys paralysis this has been a great season. Darkh is the best big bad the shows had this year. People in arrow, except for Felicity, dont act dumb unlike flash or lot or boring like supergirl. Flash has fallen off the cliff so deeply that the lows are too low while thw highs remain high. Same can be said of legends. Supergirl just never got to a high. Arrow has been more consistent than all shows. But no poiny arguing that in an lot thread. People have already made up their mind, I can't change that.

Even Felicity doesn't act dumb when it comes to villains, she managed to take down her own father just fine. Arrow is a show of competent people sucking at their personal life.

Xemnas89

For me the flash remains the best of the berlanti shows. There's only three episodes from the second season that I didn't like (the firestorm episode, trajectory, and the end of versus zoom) so for me the quality isn't really that different from the first season which also had a few weak episodes. I actually really liked arrow before the mid season break but I felt like the next six or seven episodes after it came back missed the mark. I've really enjoyed the last few episodes though and while I still like season 4 of arrow the least this season I still really enjoy it all. I'm easy to please and don't complain about much. I even except time remnant shenanigans from the flash so it's all good from where I'm standing.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
You must be the only person I have ever heard to say that. I really want to hear why.

I've been enjoying Arrow S4 the most out of all the Arrowverse shows this season. I thought this season of Flash had a weak premiere, then it got slowed down by having to setup the crossover. "The Darkness and the Light," "Enter Zoom," and "Flash Back" were all legitimately great episodes, but they dropped so many balls after that. Especially after "Flash Back," I haven't really cared for what they've been doing. Multiple kidnapping plots by the villain, retreading character arcs that were resolved already, etc. The writing just comes off as extremely lazy as of late.

I mean...all of these shows are super cheesy so I'm not expecting the moon. But a show in its second season shouldn't be running out of steam like that. Zoom has literally told Barry "We're not so different, you and I..." multiple times. That's lazy villain writing 101. And then constantly having Zoom kill his own people so they can be swept under the rug.

Darhk hasn't been as physically intimidating against Oliver compared to Zoom and Barry, but I've liked him more as a villain. He's a bit more fleshed out since we've seen his wife and family. We got Zoom's history, but it felt like a rushed attempt to explain a story decision.

Flash Spoilers

I honestly can't think of anything on Arrow S4 that is as dumb as Barry giving up his speed to Zoom. The result ended up being the end of one kidnapping, directly leading into another kidnapping, and then Barry trying to get his speed back. It's a paper thin arc, so I've just really been ready for them to close it out and start fresh.

People like what they like. I don't hate Flash or anything, otherwise I'd just drop it. It has just become very surface level viewing. Like they do cool things that I admire (King Shark, and Gorilla Grodd, time travel, etc) and their effects team must bust some serious ass to pull what they do on a CW budget, but the writing hasnt backed it up for me. iZombie is a much much smaller show, and they were able to bust out 19 spectacular episodes this season. No filler, no duds. And that show juggled multiple plots that connected the entire cast throughout the season. When Flash picks up and drops stuff so frequently, it starts to feel aimless. Like "Oh well we can't do a Zoom episode yet so...Jesse leaves, but then we'll bring her back immediately!"

The Thanagarians won't be the big bad next next season so don't get your hopes up for it.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/legends-tomorrow-finale-justice-society-895658

The Legends and the Justice Society will have their hands full next season, as Guggenheim promises an evil bigger threat in store. “The beauty part of it is we already know how we’re going to top it,” Guggenheim says. “I will say literally the threat that Vandal Savage posed it’s going to seem small in comparison. That’s not even hyperbole, and you know I’m prone to hyperbole. People will be saying ‘Vandal who?’ by the time the big bad of season 2 is fully explored or fully revealed.”

Hmm...

The fact that LoT had a shorter season than Flash/Arrow alone made me enjoy it more. It never dragged on due to filler. I can't really recall the lowest point in the season either, maybe part one of the pilot. That was pretty meh.

Arrow this season may be better than last season, but I am not enjoying it. The plot is still dragging, all the time spent on Oliver/Felicty was a chore to get through and there was A LOT of time spent on it. Just about every episode is still ruined by Smoak drama, now it's Felicity's mom doing it all. It routinely kills the mood and pacing of every episode even moreso than the forgettable flashback sequences. I don't even know what the point of the flashbacks are anymore... but that was an issue last season as well.

The Flash is doing better than Arrow, but it's notably worse than last season. The plot is dragging and there's been a distinct lack of fun filler episodes. Next to no Rogues either. I mean hell, they rebooted Pied Piper but haven't made use of it at all. I was hoping that would setup a fun dynamic. That said, the highs have been very high, which the Flash has always been good at. Plus none of the characters have been insufferable. Iris has been great aside from the magical disappearance of her boss that I thought she was falling for?

The Trickster team up episode was great too.

tldr; I hate these long seasons. Arrow still suffers from poorly written drama. Flash is having some pacing issues, but it's still enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom