• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

PreFire

Too many characters for a 1 hour pilot. Seemed rushed at times.

Early promos kind of mislead us into thinking Flash and Arrow would take part in time traveling. But it's the first episode, we shall see.

It was good. Sara was kicking ass

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Very enjoyable, can't wait for next week.

Early promos kind of mislead us into thinking Flash and Arrow would take part in time traveling. But it's the first episode, we shall see.

It's actually a two parts pilot. I don't know why they divided them, should've given the show a two hours premiere.

ZeroX03

Banned

That wasn't supposed to be a promo as much as it was a proof of concept for the network. And everyone knows it's not feasible for Amell and Gustin to be full time on another show, even if they will be guest starring more.

Xemnas89

I do wish they could've aired the two hour pilot but even still I really enjoyed that. It was exactly what I wanted the show to be. It'll be great having Captain Cold on my screen every week.

Maddocks

Vandal Savage is such a good villain. He just oozes "I don't care" and that is a great thing. Rip of course is great, the time lord we deserve.

ReiGun

This would make such a dope concept for an anthology comic. A group of D-List heroes who want to make sure they aren't forgotten by time.

Sadly, it would only last six issues.

PreFire

Gideon needs to activate some kind of lock down mode for Sara, capt cold and heatwave.

And what's the deal with it? I know Barry supposedly creates it in the future, but why does the ship rip Hunter hijacked come equipped with it? Is Gideon a standard OS interface in the future?

Gideon shows no loyalty to its own creator lol unless that's the way Barry intends to design it.

Gideon is like a game shark though.

foxtrot3d

Banned
What's the point of engaging in such a massive marketing campaign if you don't even intend to show the full pilot in one night?

MartyStu

Despite the HEAVY exposition, and initial awkwardness, this show has a really good soul.

I really like the glimpse we see of
Savage
near the end.

His motivations may be a bit more complex than
take over the world.
At least that is my hope.

Also, I actually liked what we saw of the Hawks. This fact shocks me to my core.

I love the idea of them stealing shit throughout time, hiding it in the Waverider, and one day Rip finds it and is all WTF?

This is my hope as well. It would be hilarious.

I thought that was pretty good, some of the dialog was kind of clunky and the whole thing felt a little rushed, but I'll chock that up to it being the series premier and a lot of exposition needed to happen. I do wish they had done a two hour premier, especially since this was Pilot Part 1.

MartyStu

This would make such a dope concept for an anthology comic. A group of D-List heroes who want to make sure they aren't forgotten by time.

Sadly, it would only last six issues.

It would be six glorious issues though.

Plus, DC's current policy seems to be 12 issues minimum. So there is that.

I liked the pilot a lot. My only issue is that the amount of big personalities kind of causes them to step on each other at times, though I assume that's just a pilot issue. I suspect that as the show goes on, the individual episodes will help establish each individual member of the team better.

The hawkpeople are destined to be the worst part of the show. They're just blanddddd. Don't know why they decided to stick them on a cast of characters that are proven successes.

MartyStu

I liked the pilot a lot. My only issue is that the amount of big personalities kind of causes them to step on each other at times, though I assume that's just a pilot issue. I suspect that as the show goes on, the individual episodes will help establish each individual member of the team better.

Yeah.

And they are already forming cliques that will help immensely with that:

The Rogues:

Sara
Cold
Heatwave

The Intellectuals:

Atom
Stein

The Stakeholders:

Rip
Kendra
Hawkman

Jax:

Jax

The hawkpeople are destined to be the worst part of the show. They're just blanddddd. Don't know why they decided to stick them on a cast of characters that are proven successes.

They are definitely the weakest part of the crew. Hawkman just comes off preachy as hell, and Hawkgirl just always seems like she has even less of an idea of what is going on than Jax does, and that's saying a lot.

Kard8p3

Idk, them finding their son from a previous life was pretty cool, if they can manage to be engaged in things as good as that, I'll be fine with them.

mm04

That was fun. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would so unless Felicity somehow ends up on the team, I'm in!

Blunoise

I'm confused, why didn't he just get the Justice League to help instead......hmm maybe because he they wouldn't help because they to stay in there own timeline to protect

I'm confused, why didn't he just get the Justice League to help instead......hmm maybe because he they wouldn't help because they to stay in there own timeline to protect

Well he made a point of saying he chose the eight people he chose because they were insignificant to the timeline of his future, so he wouldn't be altering things too much by taking them away. I imagine taking the Justice League away from their timeline would have a pretty major impact.

Probably because these characters apparently don't make anything of themselves in Rip's timeline, but they all resolve to change that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom