• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamfMeat

I liked it, but for some odd reason, I felt like it was relatively badly acted, which surprised me. Actually, I'm more wondering if it was that they were trying too hard with the dialog.

I liked the characters, although this also shows me that Dominic Purcell has 1 voice: The Growl.
It just makes him that much more sexy though.

ZeroX03

Banned
I liked it, but for some odd reason, I felt like it was relatively badly acted, which surprised me. Actually, I'm more wondering if it was that they were trying too hard with the dialog.

They're trying to cram emotional beats out of actors in 1-2 minutes because there's so much to do. Clunk writing and sped up acting doesn't mix well.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Enjoyed more than I thought I would.

Cap Cold and Heatwave made the show for me. So snarky.

The look on Ray's face when he's told none of them are integral to the time line. Ouch!

So is Gideon the Siri of te future since Rip and Thawn both have one?

Mariolee

Loved it. Pacing was a bit too fast and didn't give the characters the room they needed to breathe, but I really was impressed with the character moments there about feeling like a nobody. Good stuff.

MartyStu

They're trying to cram emotional beats out of actors in 1-2 minutes because there's so much to do. Clunk writing and sped up acting doesn't mix well.

This. Luckily, most of the non-future costuming and effects were on fucking point, so I was not too bothered.

RS4-

Captain ginger: Hawk guy, let's travel to the time and place where he kills you amd your beloved. We shall stop him there, let CW save some money.

Skux

Loved it!

I can see why reviewers would be mad about the pace, especially if they haven't kept up with Arrow and Flash. This show mostly assumes that you've watched them so it doesn't feel the need to go into their backstory and motivation - there's plenty of setup for all of them in their other shows.

All those complaints about "Legends of Tomorrow setup filler" in the Arrow and Flash threads finally pays off, and lets this show get off to a flying start.

The hawkpeople are destined to be the worst part of the show. They're just blanddddd. Don't know why they decided to stick them on a cast of characters that are proven successes.

Carter Hall can get dropped in the prehistoric era but I will erase your lips from the timeline if you go after Kendra!

Skux

Rip's confession also conveniently plugs the "Why don't they bring Arrow and Flash?" plot hole, which is kind of neat.

ALSO, FUCKING LOL

9L0mW60.png

mgxql16.png

Wooo that was a solid part 1. The best DC tv pilot so far I think. Everyone plays off each other really well.

Here's a preview of a big fight for next week's episode. Really impressed with what they're pulling off here.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I can totally see why critics weren't too fond of the pilot. There was bad dialogue, bad acting, some strange pacing, and iffy CG at times.

You just described Arrow and The Flash, and plenty of critics like those, so...

:p

(anyway, I thought the premiere was pretty fun. I'm in for a season)

I enjoyed it. Going to hold off judgments on the acting/pacing until we're out of the pilot. They had a lot to cram into the opening and I'm fine that they decided to jump head first into everything.

This episode was really rough, but the highs were good enough to leave me hopeful it'll turn out fine.

Volimar

Enjoyed more than I thought I would.

Cap Cold and Heatwave made the show for me. So snarky.

The look on Ray's face when he's told none of them are integral to the time line. Ouch!

So is Gideon the Siri of te future since Rip and Thawn both have one?

I think it's the same Gideon. They just both have it at some point in the future.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
That was fun and I will be watching. I don't expect academy award winning performances. There's plenty here for me to enjoy

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The opening act was painfully clunky and rushed, but they had a lot to establish in one episode. Things really came together once they made the first time jump. Some aspects are super cheesy, but it came together for me at the end. Once Rip came clean and they decided to become Legends, I started digging it.

Heat Wave and Captain Cold are so over the top that I can't even hate on it. Very rarely does stuff like that work, but they're the definition of being so cheesy that they're good.

I also like Jefferson way more than what we got in the Flash episode he premiered. His chemistry with Stein worked better here, and he had a good emotional beat.

I hope they continue with Cold, Heat Wave, and White Canary just being troublemakers. The "lets get weird in the 70s" scene was probably my favorite part.

The Hawk stuff is still just terrible. During the Flash/Arrow crossover, I was actually shocked by how much I liked Hawkman after expecting to hate him. I take that all back. Their interactions and Egypt storyline are like a really bad fantasy show from the 90s.

Hamlet

Pretty fun solid start if rushed at times.The Bar fight scene was fantastic. Great chemistry from all involved in that scene.
Looking forward to the rest of the season.

I enjoyed it, yeah it was rushed and everything but I had fun and that's my primary concern.

Indeed. It is what I actually expected Legends of Tomorrow to be.
Same and I still wish that was the case, I think both Arrow and Flash could benefit a good deal from a longer lay off.
Randal Savage.
To join Wynn, Crisco.

JR3rYS3QkmdB6.gif

Randall Savage had me dying over here.

Fits with out OT title, in fact maybe it should be tweaked, heh.

Different voice actress. Maybe different versions?

That's how I explain it in my head but they probably couldn't get Morena Baccarin for what'd probably be a greater commitment with the other stuff she's doing.

Maximo

Yeah fuck it was campy as hell and corny but I really liked it, long as it doesn't take itself too serious and keeps the actors playing off each other it will keep my interest.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Whelp CW has 3 hours of my week. Loved how they completely embraced the camp and cheese. Show is so absurd yet completely and utterly entertaining.

Sölf

Episode 1 was okay. Could turn out great, but it's not as good as Flash yet. Arrow level of goodness, maybe a bit better. Then again, We've already seen many of the scenes from the first episode and the same thing happend back when Gotham aired, which was the reason why I really disliked the first episode. When the completely new stuff happens it will probably get better.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
"be the white canary" good god how bad her acting is. I really hope she dies soon in the arrowverse.

so far the episode is fun. hawkguy/girl are still somehow lost. every other character has more personality imho.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
pacing was real off, but you have to throw a bone to the people who aren't caught up on Flash / Arrow.

hopefully now that we've got the intros out the way we can really dig into the crazy.

Skux

So wait, how did Rip manage to move every team member to that rooftop? Does the light flash thing do teleportation as well or did he really haul everyone out there himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom