• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

animation1kes1f.gif

animation2lksuk.gif

I liked it, but for some odd reason, I felt like it was relatively badly acted, which surprised me. Actually, I'm more wondering if it was that they were trying too hard with the dialog.

I liked the characters, although this also shows me that Dominic Purcell has 1 voice: The Growl.
It just makes him that much more sexy though.

Your surprised by the bad acting.... on the CW?

I expect that. The first episode was a lot of fun, nothing great, but I appreciate how unashamedly it embraced being a comic book show. I am not sure I will stick with it but it at least has me curious.

The highlight for me. They are great.

Rip's confession also conveniently plugs the "Why don't they bring Arrow and Flash?" plot hole, which is kind of neat.

ALSO, FUCKING LOL

I recall a Smallville episode using a PSP as a tracking device.

PSP_Smallville05.jpg

CW gonna CW.

Decent first half of the pilot, but I've gotta say...

They brought up the concept of not everyone on the team surviving or being around this season. IMO, it should be obvious who they should get rid of.

Sorry Hawkcouple. They should have never had both of you on the show in the first place. Why can't people take JLU's example with Hawkman/woman? Just use one, avoid the destined couple crap.

The only reason why I'm ok with it this time is because the show is built around it, and it'll hopefully end when Vandal goes down.

DieH@rd

Banned
Very good opener. Pace was breakneck fast, but they managed to pull it off. Production wise, it looked really great [especially spaceship set]. Music was good also.

Rogues are still owning everyone, I very much liked that they made instant connection with Sara.

TEJ

If you didn't like it in the first 12 minutes you probably won't like it at all, especially if you can't even commit to a full 40 minutes.

I liked most of these characters in LoT in the flash/arrow. I like the flash in spite of the love triangles and stuff that has nothing to do with the main plot. I don't think it's the best written show but it has its charms.

It's not like I dislike a bit of cw cheese either. This had too much cheese for me to keep interest.

ZeroX03

Banned
I liked most of these characters in LoT in the flash/arrow. I like the flash in spite of the love triangles and stuff that has nothing to do with the main plot. I don't think it's the best written show but it has its charms.

It's not like I dislike a bit of cw cheese either. This had too much cheese for me to keep interest.

The show stabilizes a bit but the cheese/camp is clearly here to stay.

Decent first half of the pilot, but I've gotta say...

They brought up the concept of not everyone on the team surviving or being around this season. IMO, it should be obvious who they should get rid of.

Sorry Hawkcouple. They should have never had both of you on the show in the first place. Why can't people take JLU's example with Hawkman/woman? Just use one, avoid the destined couple crap.

The only reason why I'm ok with it this time is because the show is built around it, and it'll hopefully end when Vandal goes down.

Spoilers:
there's a very good chance you'll get your wish with the Hawks

I liked the pilot a lot and will definitely watch upcoming episodes, but what the hell is up with the pronunciation of Shayera? Maybe it's the Justice League cartoon bias in me, but I swear every time I hear it, I feel like it should be different.

Also I noticed a cool easter egg during the final scene. If you pause while it is loading the Norway 1975 logo, you can see Keystone City (it's where Jay Garrick and Wally West are from in the comics) written.

ZeroX03

Banned
I liked the pilot a lot and will definitely watch upcoming episodes, but what the hell is up with the pronunciation of Shayera? Maybe it's the Justice League cartoon bias in me, but I swear every time I hear it, I feel like it should be different.

Also I noticed a cool easter egg during the final scene. If you pause while it is loading the Norway 1975 logo, you can see Keystone City (it's where Jay Garrick and Wally West are from in the comics) written.

Wally over on The Flash is a Keystone kid, he name drops it last episode.

Hawkman dying could be interesting, since with the time-traveling, they could cross paths with a different reincarnation. Not a big fan of the character or the actor so I won't lose sleep about the loss.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Heatwave and Cap are the highlights for me. I don't like the White Canary costume, and I'm hoping Hawkman and Hawkgirl leave sooner, rather than later.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm sure Hawkman's death won't be permanent, we'll certainly see him again or a new incarnation it'll just be nice to get Hawkgirl doing things with someone other than her destined lover. 99% of her screen time so far has been with Hawkman or Cisco.

Joni

I finally got to see it, so I can be amazed some of you guys posted 50 messages in a single night.
It was a middling debut with the one-liners being the highlight. Sara and the villains fit well together in that respect.
The Sara-Laurel fight was very touching, their best scenes together ever.

Xenoboy

Decent episode, still not liking Hawkgirl, Hawkman stay winning!
Anyone think that Flash will appear in the show? I wonder if maybe
Eobard will

Joni

Eobard will
Flash is supposed to be in.
No word on Thawne, but considering the stuff that we saw today, he should try to make an appearance or the next Flash episode should explain it

ZeroX03

Banned
Eobard will

Flash will be in. Eobard probably won't, he doesn't match the timeline they've laid out. They won't go past 2166 and his time is a bit beyond that.

Joni

Flash will be in. Eobard probably won't, he doesn't match the timeline they've laid out. They won't go past 2166 and his time is a bit beyond that.

They can always jump a bit further in the future or meet up with him somewhere in the past. At least take the time somewhere to explain why he also has a Gideon.

ZeroX03

Banned
They can always jump a bit further in the future or meet up with him somewhere in the past. At least take the time somewhere to explain why he also has a Gideon.

Producers stated they won't go past that point in time this season.

Just saw the episode and I liked it a LOT

I laughed a ton and even though they didn't show too much action with the entire team, I can tell that it's gonna kick some butt! I just hope that most of the action won't revolve around fighting generic mooks, there's already waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much of that in the Avengers movies.

The highlights for me were Captain Cold and Heatwave. Both bring so much charisma on screen.

The exchange
"Let's get weird in 1975."
"Yessssssss that sounds like an excellent idea"
was HYSTERICAL

Overall I liked it a lot, much better than Flash's anticlimactic return and enjoyed it about as much as Arrow's return. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Joni

Producers stated they won't go past that point in time this season.
The Berlanti people tend to lie about their shows, but you're probably right. There is luckily another show that can solve those riddles.

I laughed a ton and even though they didn't show too much action with the entire team, I can tell that it's gonna kick some butt! I just hope that most of the action won't revolve around fighting generic mooks, there's already waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much of that in the Avengers movies.
Still, it was eight versus one and Chronos still lives.

Still, it was eight versus one and Chronos still lives.
Yupp! I was wondering about that.

It looked like they could have easily beaten him and I thought "why are they escaping when they can take him right here and now?"

but I realized that they probably didn't want to attract attention to themselves. Which proved to be the right call when the two random dudes came to check things out.

DieH@rd

Banned
I suggest change to thread name. It should be:

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Randall Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

:D

Joni

Yupp! I was wondering about that.

It looked like they could have easily beaten him and I thought "why are they escaping when they can take him right here and now?"

but I realized that they probably didn't want to attract attention to themselves. Which proved to be the right call when the two random dudes came to check things out.

Don't forget he has two weapons that can basically kill in one hit, the disintegrator killed the two kids and his normal laser took down Hawkkid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom