• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
And the 70's

He likes killing people.

He loves the seventies.

lovethe70sl3our.gif

DeathyBoy

Banned
They should just sell this as the follow-up to Prison Break. Lincoln and Michael have gone mad.

Only if Heatwave stares at people who are reading a paper with his mugshot inside, and he stares so long they realise it's him.

"Leonard, we have to go."

Joni

Don't forget Tom Cavanagh, Keiynan Lonsdale and Tha Los.

Everyone except the women really. Too bad NPH's schedule is always packed.
That is even better. The women aren't a problem, it is the reason the Supergirl cross-over is is necessary. Chyler Leigh sang on Grey's Anatomy and Melissa Benoist is of course Melissa Benoist.

It'll happen when we get Music Meister played by NPH. Writers please.
Tweet the writers and NPH. They have to listen.

tensuke

Can we just talk about how shoehorned and just plain terrible was that bar brawl?

thx

Seriously, why did they just start beating up half the bar? Like why were so many people fighting them? Why did that even happen? I knew this show would be kinda campy based on Arrow and Flash (which I like and love respectively), but this first episode was cheeeeeeesy beyond belief.

Cetra

This was... so fucking bad. Like, goddamn, the people that made Arrow and Flash has things to do with this? What a waste of Ray Palmer... Kill this show and get Sara and Ray back where they belong.

Johndoey

Banned
Yep in the 70's bisexual undead ninjas frequently started bar fights with homicidal pyros and career criminals as back up.

Trust me

ZeroX03

Banned
"I died once, and what happened? Nothing. The world didn't care."

Considering all his money and tech, it is a pretty weak prize.

Of course it's weird that Ray's motivation on the team is ego rather than experiencing all the tech the future has to help mankind or something like that.

Joni

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if bar brawls were a lot more common back then. It was a different time, you had like hundreds of terrorists groups and biker gangs. One bar brawl wouldn't be strange. And I'm going to wager a guess: if you go to a biker hangout, and then you beat up the head of the gang, something like this episode will happen. Wild Hogs has learned me that.

"I died once, and what happened? Nothing. The world didn't care."
"I died and I only got this lousy little plaque because of it". That is how people remember him, that one billboard.

Johndoey

Banned
But seriously other than general violent crime statistics in the U.S being on a general downward trend there is nothing to suggest bar brawls were far more common in the 1970's. But of course a lady in the 70's going into a shitty bar and fucking with the biggest most aggro dude in there probably won't end well.

Joni

But seriously other than general violent crime statistics in the U.S being on a general downward trend there is nothing to suggest bar brawls were far more common in the 1970's. But of course a lady in the 70's going into a shitty bar and fucking with the biggest most aggro dude in there probably won't end well.

Road House suggest me that this was a common phenomenon. More seriously, I don't know about the US specifically, but the 70s was the advent of major scale hooliganism in Europe. Which lead to amongst other things organized bar brawls.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It was a lot easier to get away with crimes and many things like fist fights were not reported to police, or, if they were, were much, much more common to "let slide."

It's kind of a weird conversation anyway. Bar fights happen today. It was started by a guy obviously in a biker gang who has fellow gang members to back him up.

I feel bad for the guy Heatwave cracks a chair over though at the beginning, though. That dude wasn't apart of anything.

Today I was talking to one of my friends about the show and how obnoxious I find Rip Hunter, which confused him. I mean, I don't think it should have been confusing because my severe and neverending hatred for Doctor Who is well documented, but whatevs.

Anyway, he asked me why I liked the show at all considering that it's so time travel focused (since time travel is my least favorite trope, plot device, etc, by a HUGE margin) and I explained to him that I LOVE the team aspect but I hate their adventure.

This just made me feel that if they pull a second season, that I REALLY hope that it takes place in the modern day (and also for Rip Hunter to go away).

Pachimari

I don't think time travel will ever go away? As I understand it, that's the big hook of the whole show, besides it being a team of characters.

Also, Rip Hunter wasn't that bad.

Joni

The time travel is vital for the first season, but there is nothing set in stone about a second one. It looks more like an anthology show, which means it could go any direction for the second season.

Today I was talking to one of my friends about the show and how obnoxious I find Rip Hunter, which confused him. I mean, I don't think it should have been confusing because my severe and neverending hatred for Doctor Who is well documented, but whatevs.
giphy.gif

If it doesn't go away, it'll make me sad. Oh well!

I understand it's the hook of the show, but I still utterly despise it. I'm here for the big payoff of two of my favorite shows as well as seeing a huge teammup of characters I really love (and Hawkman and Rip Hunter). The pitch is what bothers me, but I liked the first episode a lot! I just wish they went with anything else.

TheOddOne

- TVLine: Legends' Caity Lotz Talks Lighter/Dark Sara, Bigger Fights, Retro Threads: 'I Should Have Lived in the '70s'.
“It’s not about finding a life partner. It’s about finding her own life right now,” asserts the actress. Though at some point, Lotz hopes to offer closure to fans of her Arrow romance.

“I love Katrina [Law], and people love ‘Nyssara,’ so I think they want to see more of that — and hopefully we will,” she offers. “But we’ve got, you know… we’ve got some time.”
- IGN: DC's Legends of Tomorrow: Franz Drameh on Becoming Firestorm.
IGN: Going forward, are there opportunities, now that you have three shows in play, to have fun and bring in a character here or bounce off a character there from the larger Flash/Arrow universe?

Drameh: Yeah, especially with the whole travelling in time and to different places. Like, what we’re doing right now in this episode [we’re filming], we travel into the future and we go somewhere viewers will be familiar with but it’s totally different. It’s really cool playing with those kind of stuff and taking elements from all different time periods and different pieces from different parts of shows and stuff. It’s cool.

Joni

Caity Lotz deserves the recognition she got from these shows, she might not be the best actress but she gives it her all and she can actually fight. Drameh Firestorm on the other hand hasn't been able to prove himself, the entire Robbie Amell Firestorm was too underused. I want to see a Flash show where Firestorm is a more permanent fixture. He shouldn't be in every episode, but The Flash is too centered around just Flash fighting.

ZeroX03

Banned
Caity's dance and martial arts background means she's got a much stronger physical performance than most of the other Arrowverse actors. Her line delivery is flat, but that isn't everything in acting and it's pretty applicable to Sara.

Caity Lotz deserves the recognition she got from these shows, she might not be the best actress but she gives it her all and she can actually fight. Drameh Firestorm on the other hand hasn't been able to prove himself, the entire Robbie Amell Firestorm was too underused. I want to see a Flash show where Firestorm is a more permanent fixture. He shouldn't be in every episode, but The Flash is too centered around just Flash fighting.

I wanted it to be The Flash & Firestorm show but alas.

Sober

Finally got around to it. Felt really overstuffed. I dunno, maybe they should've double-aired the 2 parts of the pilot. I didn't think it was as bad as people were making it out to be because I've already seen the terrible cheese and heel dragging on Arrow and Flash so I wasn't expecting anything less.

Lotz/Purcell/Miller were easily the best part of the pilot even if the bar fight was shoehorned in. I'm just a sucker for fight scenes against happy music or something. Routh was otherwise fun to watch too.

Everyone else kinda needs to catch up though sadly. Stein basically drugging Jackson was hilariously bad that I dunno how they convinced the actors to go with that. Hawkguy/Hawkgirl are yawn worthy still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom