• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Yeah but Ray also guested on Flash, so the only character you wouldn't know going into Legends would be Sara (and she's mentioned on Flash). Flash establishes the tone of the universe - at least closer to Legends than Arrow - and has far fewer episodes to boot.

True, the amount of episodes is better suited for quickly catching up.

Johndoey

Banned
Since were doing this apparently.

Creepo Tier
- Stein

A Tier
- War Doctor Rory
- Cap Cold

B Tier
- Ray
- Firestorm (Jackson)

C Tier
- Hawkgirl
- Heatwave

D Tier
- White Canary
- Hawkbro

Definitive ranking:

Baller Status:
-Atom
-Rory Hunter

Wow you dudes are cool (A tier):
-White Canary
-Old Firestorm

Well you're not terrible (B tier):
-Captain Cold
-Young Firestorm

Ugh (C tier):
-Hawkman
-Hawkgal

Oh god no (D tier:)
-Heatwave

We already have someone who can shoot fire, and we have someone who is a criminal so what does Heatwave bring??

Not bad at all really.

Cut out boring hawk girl, heatwave and Oldman firestorm and throw in Constantine and we might have something special. Firestorm can permanently merge into young firestorm giving him a personality bypass to become interesting. Hawk girl can be killed and heatwave can just up and leave because he is worthless.

Rymuth

Hawkman's awful, both the character and the actor.

I was apprehensive of Caity Lotz joining the series but she has some GOOD chemistry with Miller, so now I'm pleasantly surprised.

Decent premier.

I wonder if LoT will be the first that gets time travel right. Time travel in movies and shows really not that good. I really hope that LoT will get it right. I really don´t want to dislike the show.

Fusebox

Banned
Hey I watched the pilot for this last night and freaking loved it! It's like Doctor Who meets the DC rejects or something. I don't mind Arrow or The Flash but I like Legends way better than either of them already.

Caity might not be the best on the acting front but she's capable of doing a lot of her own stunts, especially fighting, so at least the action with her usually looks better than normal.

Joni

We're supposed to get an episode every week until the May 5th finale, with the exception of March 3rd and 10th because the shows are off then.

Chuckie

I liked the pilot well enough to give more episodes a shot.

I really don't understand why everybody likes Captain Cold so much though. I hated him in the Flash, I hated him in this. His voice/acting is so over the top. Trying way too hard to sound like a 'cool' villain.

I really don't understand why everybody likes Captain Cold so much though. I hated him in the Flash, I hated him in this. His voice/acting is so over the top. Trying way too hard to sound like a 'cool' villain.

It's intentionally hammy and that's what makes it great.

ZeroX03

Banned

cRtITEu.gif

Just going to quote from a few pages back...

Cold is great. He just loves being a badguy and completely hams it up. If you watch The Flash, in his first appearance he isn't actually super hammy. He's just a jewel thief. Then he gets the cold gun and realizes he can be a "Super" Villain and goes all in on it. He intentionally hams it up to play the part, even with lines like "you should have known, I'm a badguy". He's an actor playing a character playing a character. It's pretty good once you realize that. He just loves being bad, loves saying the puns, loves punking Flash. Even in this show already his main goal is to steal shit throughout time. He just loves being bad. He's not guy who wants the world to end, he just wants to enjoy himself.

What I like about the character though is that the show has made it very apparent that it's not just Miller as an actor putting this on,but it's actually Snart himself hamming it up.
He ENJOYS doing this. He LOVES playing a "super villain". Not just a little idiot bank robber, a proper comic book SUPER villain. With a COLD GUN.

But sometimes, like with his sister or during serious times,you can see that he is a normal, actually pretty sensible guy, who happens to be a pretty bad apple.

ZeroX03

Banned
For people wanting to see some multi faceted Cold, it doesn't look like you'll have to wait long...
as we saw a near crying Snart talking to what looks like a younger version of himself in one of the many promos

Joni

For people wanting to see some multi faceted Cold, it doesn't look like you'll have to wait long...
as we saw a near crying Snart talking to what looks like a younger version of himself in one of the many promos

I assume young Snart will be a good guy, never breaking the law

Joni

As a time traveler couldn't Rory have just smuggled his old lady and kid into the past or something.
It would be difficult to protect them against Chronos, he would still see the consequences of his grandkids getting hurt by Savage, and he looks like the type of idealist that would change the world to help his family instead of helping them directly.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Age appropriateness for this? More Flash (action,shenanigans, occasional mild melodrama), or more Arrow (emo, violent, grey)

ZeroX03

Banned
Thanks. Just wondering about my 11 year old. Was a bit disappointed with Shield as season 1 was fine but it went a bit dark season 2

On second thought a woman gets shot to death on screen and a child is killed out of frame in the opening scene. I think it's firmly Arrow's level of violence but with more levity overall.

carlsojo

On second thought a woman gets shot to death on screen and a child is killed out of frame in the opening scene. I think it's firmly Arrow's level of violence but with more levity overall.

Meh I don't think it's that bad. People in Arrow get stabbed/impaled on screen and pull arrows out of themselves on a regular basis. Legends is waaay closer to Flash.

ZeroX03

Banned
Meh I don't think it's that bad. People in Arrow get stabbed/impaled on screen and pull arrows out of themselves on a regular basis. Legends is waaay closer to Flash.

It looks like the Legends are going to have much less of an aversion to killing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom