• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parch

Cold and Heatwave are great. DC really knows what to do with villains and placing them on teams is brilliant.
I'm looking forward more for Suicide Squad than I am for Batman vs Superman.

Joni

He didn't. He has his own Lazarus waters.

He didn't. He is obviously around for a while too and probably able to stop or slow down his ageing with magic mumbo jumbo. Hell, maybe he even got his own Lazarus Pit. He was part of the League of Assassins at one point and feared by them..

Ra's was around for at least 70 years, which is when he was last challenged. He is implied to be born before the 1850s. So Ra's could have been around for 200 years. Ra's joined the League quite young, where he was raised together with his good friend Damien Darhk. The old Ra's had them both as heirs, until the end when he choose Ra's. Ra's had to kill his old friend but he escaped with water from the Lazarus pit to found/join HIVE. So Darhk is as old as Ra's.

CloudWolf

Damien Dahrk is the master of disappearing. First he disappears between shots from that train in Arrow, now he's suddenly gone from the arms deal even though he could've easily wrecked the Legends team.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Sölf;193642010 said:
I agree with Chariot. Way better than the first episode, but holy shit Hawkgirl was stupid. "Oh yeah, the love of my life and my mortal enemy are fighting, better stand here watching them and do nothing." Seriously, how retarded can you be?

But that aside, it was a good episode. Pretty funny, I hope the serious parts will also get better with time.

that hawks are the worst part of the series so far.

which is weird because hawkgirl in the justice league cartoon was amazing.

Chariot

Damien Dahrk is the master of disappearing. First he disappears between shots from that train in Arrow, now he's suddenly gone from the arms deal even though he could've easily wrecked the Legends team.
Well, he didn't know that. That was suddenly a lot of shit that he never seen before. Most reasonable response is to get the fuck out and research first. Could easily something magic breaking in-between.

Magwik

Banned
Well, he didn't know that. That was suddenly a lot of shit that he never seen before. Most reasonable response is to get the fuck out and research first. Could easily something magic breaking in-between.

Now we know why he took such interest in Ray

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Just catching up on this show. First half of the pilot was sort of meh but holy crap, part 2 is awesome so far. If the show is like this going forward its going to be great

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Darhk also has little reason to want to get his hands dirty. He's not Savage's lap dog.

Ranmo

Definitely, Hawkgirl's delivery seems pretty bad at times to me. Not sure if its the writing or the actor, I think it's probably both but more so the delivery.

That being said I actually really enjoyed last nights episode a lot more than Episode 1. I felt like part of why the first episode was meh was because of all the introductions for such a big team.

Parch

Yeah, I hope she now goes a little nuts and turns into more of a badass. Hawkgirl in the cartoon was such a good character. This one in Legends is not.

Yado

Hated this episode, mostly because all of the characters suck. I'll stick with it for a while to see if it improves.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's been two episodes guys (or, hell, one if you want to get pedantic). I could find you two episodes of Justice League were Hawkgirl was annoying too.

Let's give the character a little breathing room.

Her entire character until now was based on Hawkman. He is gone, they can start giving her a character.
This x 1000. She was a satellite character, her only significant connection to this was through Carter. Even the whole reincarnation thing flowed through him, since he was the only one who really remembered it.

I'm expecting real improvements now.

I hated the first episode, but man was this one better.

"The owner came home. Guess what, he's Vandal Savage." That was the funniest line.

Also, Captain Cold's gun isn't freezing anything, which is kind of annoying.

Xenoboy

This episode was so much better than the last, even though the killed the wrong Hawk.
Heatwave keeps getting better and better, I love his lines and Stein is baller as always.
Jax got better too. Anyone have the preview clip?

Joni

I hated the first episode, but man was this one better.

"The owner came home. Guess what, he's Vandal Savage." That was the funniest line.

Also, Captain Cold's gun isn't freezing anything, which is kind of annoying.
They just saved up years worth of one liners for this show.

Rymuth

Literally fist-bumped the air when that clown bit the dust! Hells yes!

He'll be back eventually but I don't care! I'll savor every second of his absence.

So I'm assuming every change they try to make to the timeline is going to fail until they change tactics and gather up the resources needed to defeat Savage in Rip's time.

The only lasting changes to the Arrowverse will be making the status quo a little more compatible with Supergirl.

Joni

So I'm assuming every change they try to make to the timeline is going to fail until they change tactics and gather up the resources needed to defeat Savage in Rip's time.

The only lasting changes to the Arrowverse will be making the status quo a little more compatible with Supergirl.

They will have small victories with limited impact until they have the weapon, travel to 2016-2017 and kill him.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man this show is good and they really waste no time but they must have spend more on those 2 pilot episodes than on the last Arrow Season lol. Cold and Heatwave are the best characters on the show.

Im interested to see how it holds up, so far its exceeding my expectations quite a bit - to be fair they were very low. Still could end up being a train wreck...

Kard8p3

ofc7Suo.gif

Daily reminder that the way Cold runs is hilarious as fuck.

More likely, Rip Hunter messes up and brings them back 4-5 months after they left.

Everyone is all confused where they went except Laurel and Ollie
Dig throws his fries in the air
Felicity does..something
Thea's parachute pants inflate and she takes off for her alien homeland

Joni

Everyone is all confused where they went except Laurel and Ollie
Dig throws his fries in the air
Felicity does..something
Thea's parachute pants inflate and she takes off for her alien homeland

I think it would be more realistic for everything to tell them they didn't notice.

Joni

I think there is a big chance that many people in that shot are digital stunts. CW started using them heavily for action scenes [especially in Flash].

That would be strange, there is in the end very little in those scenes done by Cold, Heatwave, Sara or Rip that would require CGI.

Skux

The people on the ground are stuntmen. The flying ones are digital.

He's running funny because he's waiting for a queue to start running from someone off camera, but he probably didn't expect to be seen in he final shot, which is why he isn't acting. All of this stuff has to be timed and rehearsed so it comes out looking good on camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom