• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Until then...

jsa26_cover_full.jpg

If I can be real for a minute, this is my favorite superhero team lineup ever, full stop.

Though I did like it when Black Adam was on the squad, too.

Heatwave isn't here because of his fire "power". In terms of strength he easily loses to Firestorm, so they won't compete over this. With him it's more the practical criminal element with experience and the snarky comments. If anything he will go because of snark, but I hope not. He is pretty awesome.
I think if you go by powers, there's no reason to have anyone but Firestorm there, with the possible exception of The Atom and/or Captain Cold. No one else offers anything unique or useful.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I feel like I'm alone in reviling this Smallville-like cheese cornucopia.

I decided to give it a second chance after the lameness of the first part, but the second half didn't fare better. I'm not sure if can keep enduring so much idiocy in exchange for some Snart goodness.

Chariot

I think if you go by powers, there's no reason to have anyone but Firestorm there, with the possible exception of The Atom and/or Captain Cold. No one else offers anything unique or useful.
Hawkgirl can fly and... well, she can fly, Rip knows time stuff and White Canary has the unarmed and improvised combat covered, she was league afterall.

ZeroX03

Banned
Jax is "fire", flight and is the everyman.

Stein is intelligence:science and mentor to Jax.

The Atom is intelligence:tech, flight, laser beams and shrinking.

Hawkman is the guy that needed to die.

Hawkgirl is plot relevant, flight and the everywoman.

Sara is infiltration/stealth and combat.

Cold has criminal planning and leadership (suck it kids, he's in charge).

Heat Wave is muscle and loves the seventies.

Rip is the plot driving engima that sets the missions.

So yeah Heat Wave is probably the most expendable, but he's also one of the funniest. Heat Wave and Sara will also go lethal if called for where the others would probably hesitate. They're all distinct enough to work with Hawkman gone.

Regarding Hawkman, I wonder if both the Hawks need to be dead before they begin their resurrection. I would assume they do, since they need to be roughly the same age relative to one another each time.

Chariot

Regarding Hawkman, I wonder if both the Hawks need to be dead before they begin their resurrection. I would assume they do, since they need to be roughly the same age relative to one another each time.
Man, this could be arkward...

"I know I am 40 and you're 12, but we're destined!"

carlsojo

I think they do both need to be dead because they are resurrected "once every generation". I think I remember hearing that.

I feel like I'm alone in reviling this Smallville-like cheese cornucopia.

I decided to give it a second chance after the lameness of the first part, but the second half didn't fare better. I'm not sure if can keep enduring so much idiocy in exchange for some Snart goodness.

You're not alone, I would characterize it however as just bland and standard tv fare. Oh well.

Johndoey

Banned
MGS2 Raiden is so good though, he's like Snake but with a sword and interesting backstory. MGS4 was whatever for that character, but Revengence ruined him.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
You know that fixed point death agreement reminds me of doctor who also the time masters and the time lords. Matt Smith needs to guest star as a renegade time master.

Joni

Heatwave isn't here because of his fire "power". In terms of strength he easily loses to Firestorm, so they won't compete over this. With him it's more the practical criminal element with experience and the snarky comments. If anything he will go because of snark, but I hope not. He is pretty awesome.

And the advantage that he is cheap to have in fights without his gun. They can have him fight man to man, he is just about the only person aside from Sara where it is believable.

Magwik

Banned
You know that fixed point death agreement reminds me of doctor who also the time masters and the time lords. Matt Smith needs to guest star as a renegade time master.
Him and Capaldi are the only modern Doctors not associated with Marvel. Matt Smith needs to be Braniac in the movieverse anyways.

ZeroX03

Banned
And the advantage that he is cheap to have in fights without his gun. They can have him fight man to man, he is just about the only person aside from Sara where it is believable.

Ray is massive, if he wasn't such a dork he could probably do well in a fight.

MartyStu

You one of my favorite things about Sara?

She is a technical fighter.

She knows that her enemies would overpower her in a fair fight so she makes her fights as unfair as possible.

The fight in the bar was fantastic because of this.

I wish more characters in the Arrowverse still fought like that.

Joni

I feel the need again to stress how plain awesome it is that they're doing these C/D-listers you'd never see otherwise.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I feel the need again to stress how plain awesome it is that they're doing these C/D-listers you'd never see otherwise.

It's very smart. It's not like DC Films is going to embargo Dr. Mid-Nite, so there's a character that could be used again in the future.

Pachimari

I'm so glad Hawkman died, and I hope he doesn't come back. Keeping Hawkgirl is alright. Now, make Jonah Hex a member of the team next.

So can these
Sandman
Dr Mid-Nite
and
Jonah Hex
eventually become part of the team? Or are they just there to be the baddie for an episode each?

Have anyone else been teased by the way?

Johndoey

Banned
I'm so glad Hawkman died, and I hope he doesn't come back. Keeping Hawkgirl is alright. Now, make Jonah Hex a member of the team next.

So can these
Sandman
Dr Mid-Nite
and
Jonah Hex
eventually become part of the team? Or are they just there to be the baddie for an episode each?

Hawkman is for sure coming back and
The characters you listed are all heroes (well not Hex but eh) and are probably just around for an episode or two

Pachimari

Alright cool. I do hope at least,
Vixen
and
Constantine
will become part of the team in a new season.

I also tremendously enjoy the last episode. Really fun to watch!

Joni

So can these
Sandman
Dr Mid-Nite
and
Jonah Hex

They seem to be forming some ancient Justice Society , it would be nice if they could spin it off in a short show. I don't think they'll add them in the real team

Why are people hating on Hawkman? I can't be the only one that likes him... :/

Usually when people ask that, the answer is no, of course you aren't the only person in the world that thinks that. In this case, I'm however confident saying yes.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I feel pretty confident in saying that I am at least indifferent to Hawkman.

I care neither if he lives or dies.

shingi70

Banned
Considering all these teases I wonder if the series will end with our current heroes taking about how the world needs a team in place to defend and form the JSA. They can't sue the JLA so it would be nice for the Arrowverse's super team to be the Justice Society

Pachimari

Sara have always been a favorite of mine, ever since her first appearance on Arrow. I think I will rank the team like this for me:

01. White Canary
She's sexy, and girly. She has that accent and soothing voice. But more importantly, she's kick ass, and have the nicest weapon of them all. I love the barons and staff, and she's so ninja-cool.

02. The Atom
It reminds me of Ant-Man all the time, and I keep being impressed by his visual effects. I'm not too high on his artillery or flying, but that shrinking looks incredible, and makes his combat that much more entertaining.

03. Heat Wave
He were one of those forgettable characters in Arrow, that I didn't like. But he have quickly made himself recognizable and the show's funniest with all of those funny comments he keeps giving. He's whole temper is another great thing about him, and he care's shit about anything.

04. Firestorm (Doctor Stein)
He have always been likable to me. And his wisdom is a big help to the team. But in the latest episode of Legends of Tomorrow he really came into his own, and showed, that's he's very useful and commands respect from people around him. He's just great.

05. Captain Cold
I never liked him, and people know that. I'm not gonna repeat it. At least, I liked his scenes with the Atom, which really showed the difference in everybody's personalities. I also feel he likes being part of this team, and genuinely want to help them out, but he's also a criminal at his core, and does things his own way. I'm maybe starting to turn around on him.

06. Rip Hunter
I like this new character. He's the leader and he knows it, and the whole plot of him being suspended from the Time Master council is interesting. He have sacrificed a lot on this unlikely team, and really wants the process to go smoothly. He haven't had a lot to do though.

07. Firestorm (Jackson)
To me, he is too cliche. The typical football player, who loved being part of a team, and now compares it, to this assembled team. I'm not really sold on his acting as well, but I want to like him, and I surely think he can turn it around this season. He just needs a better script and something to do.

08. Hawkgirl
09. Hawkman

Ugh.

Joni

Considering all these teases I wonder if the series will end with our current heroes taking about how the world needs a team in place to defend and form the JSA. They can't sue the JLA so it would be nice for the Arrowverse's super team to be the Justice Society
If they can get Supergirl, I expect them to do it. They need her to round up the team. But something like Supergirl,
Martian Manhunter
, Flash, Firestorm, Arrow, Black Canary, White Canary, Hawgirl, Atom. Or if they really want to screw with our minds, just give us the full line-up so Roy, Speedy, Jay Garrick, Vibe as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom