• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it that Arrow females are so shit on Arrow but outside of Arrow they're awesome?

Sara is awesome in this, one of the best characters on the team. What little they had of Laurel was better than she's been on Arrow in years. Felicity in season 1 Flash was fun (though not in the season 2 crossover she was terrible there).

Because on Arrow they're always a source of shitty drama.

Neoxon

God these haven't been remotely funny since last year. The dude just throws everything possible at the wall and with way too many images (25 is the sweet spot) any quality joke is drowned out.
You do realize that this is a new guy, right? The old one had to quit due to stuff going on in his life.

It's that time again!

RANKING THE LEGENDS: EPISODE 1x02 EDITION

S Tier

-Captain Cold
-Heatwave
-White Canary

A Tier

-Atom
-Old Firestorm

B Tier

-Rip Hunter
-Young Firestorm

C Tier

-Hawkgirl

F
UCKING DEAD HAHAHAHA
Tier

-Hawkman

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Because on Arrow they're always a source of shitty drama.

This is true. Arrow doesn't know when to have fun as a series, unlike Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. I honestly can't name the last Arrow episode that was mainly just the team having fun or poking fun at something, yet these past two episodes of Legends and multiple episodes of Flash have had some good amounts of humor injected into them to balance the drama out.

The oddest thing is that out of all of these characters in comics, Oliver should be cracking jokes the most. Yet his TV counterpart is nothing but serious drama and action for 40 minutes, with a quip or two during 1 scene. It's a breath of fresh air whenever he has a crossover with Flash because he gets to relax more and actually get some good chemistry with Barry and the rest of their teams. After looking at some of his Q&A and other videos he posts online, it's not like Stephen Amell(Arrow) can't tell a joke, because he clearly can. This is more of a case of the writers not wanting Arrow to be funny. That is something I just don't get.

Another thing that makes it worse for the secondary characters is that whenever we got an episode focused on another character in Arrow, it's usually going to be a Diggle backstory/story. At least with Legends characters get equal screen time so far and equal story beats. I guess Black Canary and Speedy have no more stories to tell?

ZeroX03

Banned
How is it that Arrow females are so shit on Arrow but outside of Arrow they're awesome?

Sara is awesome in this, one of the best characters on the team. What little they had of Laurel was better than she's been on Arrow in years. Felicity in season 1 Flash was fun (though not in the season 2 crossover she was terrible there).

Sara had that one episode she tried to kill herself but otherwise she's fine. Nyssa is always great. Moira is fun for the whole family.

This is true. Arrow doesn't know when to have fun as a series, unlike Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. I honestly can't name the last Arrow episode that was mainly just the team having fun or poking fun at something, yet these past two episodes of Legends and multiple episodes of Flash have had some good amounts of humor injected into them to balance the drama out.

The oddest thing is that out of all of these characters in comics, Oliver should be cracking jokes the most. Yet his TV counterpart is nothing but serious drama and action for 40 minutes, with a quip or two during 1 scene. It's a breath of fresh air whenever he has a crossover with Flash because he gets to relax more and actually get some good chemistry with Barry and the rest of their teams. After looking at some of his Q&A and other videos he posts online, it's not like Stephen Amell(Arrow) can't tell a joke, because he clearly can. This is more of a case of the writers not wanting Arrow to be funny. That is something I just don't get.

Another thing that makes it worse for the secondary characters is that whenever we got an episode focused on another character in Arrow, it's usually going to be a Diggle backstory/story. At least with Legends characters get equal screen time so far and equal story beats. I guess Black Canary and Speedy have no more stories to tell?

Arrow is and always will be the darker show. It's the Batman inspired one. They've lightened things up a bit but it's never going to be The Flash and they don't want it to be.

And as far as backstory episodes go, we've seen Black Canary and Speedy's origins on the show. We've seen all of their past we need to.

Sober

Okay alright. Second episode was great, tons more fun than the setupalooza last week. Down to business with cool fight scenes and some good character moments. Was wondering when Hawkdude was gonna bite it, no wonder they let him get away with that really wooden acting. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back in the future (no pun intended).

Most of the cast is owning it, I hope this episode wasn't a fluke.

Joni

The problem is, we spent two years of the show complaining when they had a story to tell. The writers probably don't like to hear that.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Sara had that one episode she tried to kill herself but otherwise she's fine. Nyssa is always great. Moira is fun for the whole family.

Arrow is and always will be the darker show. It's the Batman inspired one. They've lightened things up a bit but it's never going to be The Flash and they don't want it to be.

And as far as backstory episodes go, we've seen Black Canary and Speedy's origins on the show. We've seen all of their past we need to.

The problem is, we spent two years of the show complaining when they had a story to tell. The writers probably don't like to hear that.

Regaring the Batman inspiration, to me that's the real problem. Even Batman had lighthearted moments(unless you are referencing the Nolan ones).

I'm not saying we need to see more of Speedy and Canary's origins or relationships, I'm saying we should see more of them branching off into their own side-stories, possibly involving another villain while Oliver is busy battling Damien Dahrk. Let them be more like the Nightwing and Batwoman to his Batman instead of being 2 robins. However they aren't doing this and everyone just relies on him to fix every problem(The latest episode is a good example of this).

MartyStu

I REALLY hope that
when we see future Oliver, he will be much closer to the Green Arrow we love.

I really would not be so annoyed with Arrow if the Oliver's march toward calming the fuck down was much faster.

The Light

Regaring the Batman inspiration, to me that's the real problem. Even Batman had lighthearted moments(unless you are referencing the Nolan ones).

I'm not saying we need to see more of Speedy and Canary's origins or relationships, I'm saying we should see more of them branching off into their own side-stories, possibly involving another villain while Oliver is busy battling Damien Dahrk. Let them be more like the Nightwing and Batwoman to his Batman instead of being 2 robins. However they aren't doing this and everyone just relies on him to fix every problem(The latest episode is a good example of this).

They had a chance to do this last season with the brick trilogy and the beginning of this season. For some reason this show wants everyone to believe the team isn't shit without oliver.

I think it is kind of boring. It seems like they spent most of their budget on the ship interiors and CGI, because as it stands they've used empty fields, warehouses and houses on loan from Arrow. Oh yeah, and some college.

Actually I wonder how much it costs them to hire out all the retro costumes.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
they really should have played both pilots back to back - that was excellent!

hope Carter stays dead for a while, that guy sucks

I'd put down Atom and Rip Hunter a tier each. Atom keeps fucking up, Rip doesn't really do anything.

Agreed. Otherwise, that list is pretty much perfect.

I was going to bump Atom down to B-tier, but that one shot in the beginning was too good for me to justify it.

And I just get a kick out of Rip bitching about everyone messing things up. Hopefully he does something useful soon though.

I was going to bump Atom down to B-tier, but that one shot in the beginning was too good for me to justify it.

And I just get a kick out of Rip bitching about everyone messing things up. Hopefully he does something useful soon though.

Yeah I thought Ray shined despite his mistakes. His action scenes are so cool and I loved his moment with Snart at Vandal's house. I'm excited about their rivalry and how it will develop over the season.

CloudWolf

God these haven't been remotely funny since last year. The dude just throws everything possible at the wall and with way too many images (25 is the sweet spot) any quality joke is drowned out.

The original synopsis guy quit and no one's been able to match his level. OnBenchNow is the best though, the others were cringeworthy.

Klyka

Banned
What did Heatwave say towards the end again? About having an eye on Vandal now or something?

I thought that was a pretty damn menacing line delivery.

Apt101

Watching ep 2, this show has some great moments of interaction between characters. I don't like Hawkman and Hawkgirl though. He's kind of dull, and she's too damsel in distressy.

Because one of them can be salvaged. And it would be one woman with so many men without Hawkgirl.

I agree on the dynamics thing, but they could have just as easily introduced a new female character next episode.

I just don't like Hawkgirl, the character or the actress who plays her. She's not as bad as Hawkman though, so I guess that's something and maybe she'll grow into the role without that wooden dummy hanging around.

Future Barry and Cisco
will also make appearances
Would love if Barry appeared in a lighter red for his costume if he is still active. Wish we could have other characters appear. It would be pretty cool to see if Laurel ever adopts the fishnet stockings. I wouldn't even complain if for no explanation she has the Canary Cry without needing the device in the future. Also if it's ever revealed she and Oliver are married, the backlash would be so intense.

ZeroX03

Banned
#1.05 "Fail Safe" Synopsis
THE TEAM ORCHESTRATES A
PRISON BREAK
— After some of the Legends are captured and thrown into a Russian gulag during the height of the Cold War of 1986, Snart (Wentworth Miller) leads the team in an elaborate escape plan to free their comrades. However, Rip (Arthur Darvill) gives Sara (Caity Lotz) a secret side mission that could prove not only to be a liability, but fatal to the team. Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Grainne Godfree. Original airdate 2/18/16.

I don't understand this hawk girl slander... Yeah the character sucks but the Character was better when she was with Cisco..

So let's bring cisco on the show, don't he have a power anyway?

Apt101

I don't understand this hawk girl slander... Yeah the character sucks but the Character was better when she was with Cisco..

So let's bring cisco on the show, don't he have a power anyway?

For me, I remember how that character is portrayed in the comics and animated shows. She was a great character. Here she's always in danger, unsure, losing some fight, standing around doing nothing as someone within mace-reach is getting beat down, etc. It's like damn writers, do something with her already.

Hawkgirl will be fine, because we're basically just getting the origin story shit out of the way.

After this, Hawkman will pop up from time to time, and things will be better.

Hawkgirl will be fine, because we're basically just getting the origin story shit out of the way.

After this, Hawkman will pop up from time to time, and things will be better.

Yeah, i think it will be better now that her character development will be more than her remembering times she had sex with a boring guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom