• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
Rip could have just shot him.

Rip could have gone back to that time after being captured and killed Savage like 5 minutes later.

And if he failed again he comes back another 5 min later.

And again.

And agaaaaaaain.

Time travel is fun :D

I really hope they reveal Vandal was already an immortal back then but with that dagger nonsense it's probably not going to happen. Never mind his repeating the 4,000 years stuff.

How do you only get 5 years for selling a stolen gem that huge. and why did they write him to try and sell it to a undercover cop? didnt they have fences in the 70's

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Why dont they go back in time before his immortality and try killing him then as a team?

Don't quote me on this, but I believe they said that the further back in time they go, the more severe the side effects from traveling are. So if they got a little seasick from going back to the 1970s, a 3000+ year trip might be out of the question.

EDIT: Really enjoyed the episode. Just the right amount of cheese, and the fight scenes were well done. Sara is such a badass in this show. I mean she was badass in Arrow too, but she has more of a clean slate here. She's more gungho, which I like for her character.

Jax was putting in some work, even without his powers. Got in a tackle and a ground & pound. Loved it.

Heat Wave and Cold are so much better here. I wasn't the biggest fan of them on Flash, but they get more development and jokes here, and it definitely helps sell them for me.

ZeroX03

Banned
fuck you guys on? They said he will have the facial hair.

arrow40due5.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
fuck you guys on? They said he will have the facial hair.

He is currently filming his own show where, week to week, he needs to maintain a consistent appearance. He would be incapable of growing real facial hair for this guest appearance.

You might as well ask him to age 30 years for his cameo.

Why dont they go back in time before his immortality and try killing him then as a team?

Because if they fuck that up, they'll be sacrificing the element of surprise throughout the time stream.

Plus, ripple effect and all that. The further back you go, the more your changes disrupt things.

Man between The Flash and now this, heroes really need to shut the fuck up when telling villains really important information when time travel is involved.

Joni

Loved the episode. It is remarkable though that 24 hours after Oliver and Malcolm mention how Sara is fine because of Constantine, Sara is not fine.

Volimar

It would have been better if Snart didn't remember exactly how his dad got arrested and only remembered that it had to do with the emerald. Then after the fact he found out that fencing the gem was always how he had gotten pinched and the reason he became abusive to his kids afterward was because of Snart's visit.

Chase17

You can tell me he's going to conquer the world all you want but I'm convinced Savage is a jobber.

Eyes wide shut reference was great. Hope Ray gets it together so we can stop retreading old ground.

Toki767

Having watched Arrow first where they talked about how Sara wasn't effected by the Lazarus Pit bloodlust thanks to Constantine and then watching this where it seems like she was is weird.

morningbus

Loved the episode. It is remarkable though that 24 hours after Oliver and Malcolm mention how Sara is fine because of Constantine, Sara is not fine.

Having watched Arrow first where they talked about how Sara wasn't effected by the Lazarus Pit bloodlust thanks to Constantine and then watching this where it seems like she was is weird.

I like the explanation of Constantine curing the bloodlust only so far as that Sara doesn't need to do it to survive, but the insatiable desire to do so is still there.

Dalek

I thought this was the best episode yet. Coincidentally, little Hawkpeople involved.

Sucks that Rip told Vandal Savage what to do.

Tabby

I thought this was the best episode yet. Coincidentally, little Hawkpeople involved.

Sucks that Rip told Vandal Savage what to do.

Funny to think that they were originally going to make a Hawk show. After seeing how hated they are on here that seems like it would have backfired spectacularly.

Rip could have just shot him.

Rip could have gone back to that time after being captured and killed Savage like 5 minutes later.

And if he failed again he comes back another 5 min later.

And again.

And agaaaaaaain.

Time travel is fun :D
I was thinking actually that, after slitting Savage's throat, he could have just dragged his ass to the ship and had Hawkgirl stab him there.

I'm surprised by the reaction to this show. I love Flash, Arrow (except for season 3), and I'm even warming to Supergirl but I've hated all three episodes of this so far.

Way too many characters, way too much bad acting even by CW standards.

morningbus

I'm surprised by the reaction to this show. I love Flash, Arrow (except for season 3), and I'm even warming to Supergirl but I've hated all three episodes of this so far.

I'm surprised by that reaction, myself. It feels like a perfect fit with Flash and Arrow for me.

Card Boy

Banned
Not that great to be honest but not as bad as Agents of S.H.I.T S1. It's obvious at this stage Carter comes back but it will be a future version of him with the memories of his 2016 self.

Johndoey

Banned
Hey lets get one damn thing straight here! Constantine ain't bad at his job, magic is just crazy and fucked up and usually ends poorly for everyone involved. Constantine is the only motherfucker with the stones to try and do right when he can.

Yado

I'm in the same boat (except for Arrow, that's trash) . It's tolerable when the characters are apart but when they're together the dialogue and acting are awful.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Just watched it. Sara slaying everyone is always the highlight. Just let her kill dammit!

Heatwave's comment about Vandal being into that eyes wide shut stuff got me good.

People... Women/girls on Twitter saying how much they miss Carter and how great he and Kendra are together.

YlZnTi6.gif

I'm at a loss as to why beyond sucking up to the actors/writers/whatever. He's had like 10 minutes of total screen time between showing up in the cross over to LoT and spent most of that time being a dick. I guess maybe those people are or were also Twilight fans.

Tabby

People... Women/girls on Twitter saying how much they miss Carter and how great he and Kendra are together.

YlZnTi6.gif

I'm at a loss as to why beyond sucking up to the actors/writers/whatever. He's had like 10 minutes of total screen time between showing up in the cross over to LoT and spent most of that time being a dick. I guess maybe those people are or were also Twilight fans.

Yeah my friend asked me why everyone was outraged that they killed off Carter and that was literally the first I've heard of it.
I didn't realise Carter actually had fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom