• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dragon tattoo was one forcefully given to him by Slade as a mark of shame so I can see why he got rid of that one. One tattoo comes in handy for whenever Oliver needs help from the Russian mob and the other is probably only there since in either the flashbacks or the present, the
lettering given to him by Constantine will come to play for something.
He already cashed in on the mob tattoo though. That's the one that I really want to see go, it just looks like a big blotch.

Oi. You're not referring to the Bratva tatoo, right?
Yeah, that one. They're revisiting that concept on the other shows so maybe it'll be utilized again, but if I recall correctly, they already made a point of Oliver using it to fool some guys into trusting him.

Yeah, that one. They're revisiting that on the other shows so maybe it'll be utilized again, but if I recall correctly, they already made a point of Oliver using it to fool some guys into trusting him.
Would that not be a thing he can always use? I'm pretty sure it means he's a certified captain of the Bratva since he did get the tattoo from the leader. I know Oliver had the incident with that guy who wanted him to kill someone and he didn't which made him wonder if he was even a member, but Anatoly was the leader and the guy who gave him that promotion presumably.

On that note, Oliver needs to meet with Anatoly somehow in the next year and a half of flashbacks to earn that tattoo. Also learn how to fly a plane.

Chariot

Yeah, the point is that the tatoo isn't fake. He is officially Bratva thanks to KGBeast. Though one could argue thst this would come with some responsibilities too, but oh well. They could actually make a point and have thr Bratva attack the city to make an exempel.

Would that not be a thing he can always use? I'm pretty sure it means he's a certified captain of the Bratva since he did get the tattoo from the leader. I know Oliver had the incident with that guy who wanted him to kill someone and he didn't which made him wonder if he was even a member, but Anatoly was the leader and the guy who gave him that promotion presumably.

On that note, Oliver needs to meet with Anatoly somehow in the next year and a half of flashbacks to earn that tattoo. Also learn how to fly a plane.
Yeah, the point is that the tatoo isn't fake. He is officially Bratva thanks to KGBeast. Though one could argue thst this would come with some responsibilities too, but oh well. They could actually make a point and have thr Bratva attack the city to make an exempel.
My issue is since we've seen Oliver use it pull sway with members, but then he went against them, wouldn't word get out that he's not to be trusted?

But as you said Batsie, it still needs to be addressed in the flashbacks, so I guess we'll see if they take it in another direction. I'm just looking forward to Ollie's next visit to the laser clinic.

Chariot

My issue is since we've seen Oliver use it pull sway with members, but then he went against them, wouldn't word get out that he's not to be trusted?

But as you said Batsie, it still needs to be addressed in the flashbacks, so I guess we'll see if they take it in another direction. I'm just looking forward to Ollie's next visit to the laser clinic.
Did anyone survive to tell the story? My memory is a bit misty. In any case. Like I said this could be a story hook. Have the Bratva enter Starling with some hidden, lost Soviet experimental shit. Hell, have them salvage something from the Firestorm experiments to make it completely round.

Joni

True, but it's a bit easier this way I'd imagine.
Keeping his real tattoos and never say anything about them would be easiest probably.

Tattoos either seem like fine for an actor to have, or an absolute hell for the make-up team. I know there's one show I watch where the lead actor is inked so much that it must be hell when he's in a tank-top. They actually had to work in one of his tattoos as a plot-point because they knew they wouldn't be able to cover it up every episode.
Jane Doe and Michael Scofield always wear long sleaves for this reason, even when it doesn't make much sense. They had the trouble on One Tree Hill as well where Chad Michael Murray went out and got a stupid tattoo, so the show had to make up a fake one.

Yeah, that one. They're revisiting that concept on the other shows so maybe it'll be utilized again, but if I recall correctly, they already made a point of Oliver using it to fool some guys into trusting him.
They need to get back to the Bratva tattoo to actually have him earn it.

Jane Doe and Michael Scofield always wear long sleaves for this reason, even when it doesn't make much sense. They had the trouble on One Tree Hill as well where Chad Michael Murray went out and got a stupid tattoo, so the show had to make up a fake one.
And of course since the lead actor got that one tattoo, he's got about a bunch more to the point his body is rather covered with them with one on each limb and then one on his body. Needless to say the shirtless scenes for that character got toned down drastically as a result.

Did anyone survive to tell the story? My memory is a bit misty. In any case. Like I said this could be a story hook. Have the Bratva enter Starling with some hidden, lost Soviet experimental shit. Hell, have them salvage something from the Firestorm experiments to make it completely round.
I don't think he killed them, but I don't really remember it exactly. Of course they should follow through on whatever remaining story potential it has, but then I hope it's excised.

Keeping his real tattoos and never say anything about them would be easiest probably.
Dominic's real tattoos might not fit with his character conceptually. (One of them is a giant cross, and Heatwave doesn't strike me as particularly religious.) Plus they needed a place to showcase the burns, hence the "sleeves", so I think this is wisest decision.

TheOddOne

Arrow, Flash and Legends (and X-Files, Supernatural, The 100, iZombie and Deadpool) were major contributors toward making 2015 Vancouver production's biggest year ever!

http://deadline.com/2016/02/deadpoo...-film-tv-xfiles-arrow-tax-credits-1201706217/
latest

Joni

That tattoos Jamie Alexander wears on Blind Spot get applied once a week, they're put on Monday and taken off on Friday.
I can understand that, they take 7 hours and three people to put on. Which seems like a fun job for those guys. The danger is of course that Maxwell Lord finds out what they mean when he sleeps with her and uses that information to take down Supergirl.

Volimar

Finally got around to watching this episode. CW's video player continues to be shite.

My only real complaint was that Snart spent the whole episode trying to keep Sara from killing Stein but was then more than happy to abandon Ray. Doesn't make sense. Also, the ship combat CGI was awful. Loved the ending though.

How long do you figure it'll take Savage to reconstitute from being nuked?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Finally got around to watching this episode. CW's video player continues to be shite.

My only real complaint was that Snart spent the whole episode trying to keep Sara from killing Stein but was then more than happy to abandon Ray. Doesn't make sense. Also, the ship combat CGI was awful. Loved the ending though.

How long do you figure it'll take Savage to reconstitute from being nuked?

he dropped the suit in his pocket, he knows what he's doing

I like how they just give away Oliver's identity, since they all presumed it to be Green Arrow. Ok, most of them knew that already, but not everyone did.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You're all gonna look foolish when Ray is in stuck in the future and him and Savage have to work together to save the past.

ZeroX03

Banned
I fully expect Ray to be in season two which is why he's getting slower work. They need to beat the ego out of him.

Cue S2, Ray gets clowned by magic and Constantine laughs his ass off.

Joni

Season 1 ends on Ray killing future Ray when he accidentally destroys Superman as a baby, making Supergirl suddenly canon.

morningbus

Based off those pictures, Ray fucks up 2.5 times per episode. So we can expect at least 40 Ray fuck ups by the end of the season.

Chariot

Ray also accidently destroyes Krypton, suggests Joe Chill to rob in a certain alley, gives Question cancer, summons Neron, revives Blackhand, who in turn shoots Franz Ferdinand and his crazy wife murderes Sue Dibney.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
For some time now I have thought that Chronos' helmet looked stupid but I didn't quite know why. Then while watching a nature documentary it hit me, his helmet looks like the face of a snub nosed monkey. Once you see it you can't unsee it.

carlsojo

My only real complaint was that Snart spent the whole episode trying to keep Sara from killing Stein but was then more than happy to abandon Ray. Doesn't make sense.

He put Ray's supersuit in his pocket. Cold's logic was (probably) that Ray should have been able to get himself out when he woke up.

Him trying to keep Sara from killing Stein had a lot to do with Rip ordering her to do it and treating the whole team like pawns in general.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
He put Ray's supersuit in his pocket. Cold's logic was (probably) that Ray should have been able to get himself out when he woke up.

Him trying to keep Sara from killing Stein had a lot to do with Rip ordering her to do it and treating the whole team like pawns in general.

Ohhhh I missed this okay that makes Snart's character much more consistent

morningbus

Is it possible that Connor is Andy Diggle's son from season 1 of Arrow that we never see again?

Anything is possible, but I think he'd be a bit older than what we've seen of Connor.

Connor is probably in his mid -20s, so he wouldn't even be born yet.

Joni

Ray also accidently destroyes Krypton, suggests Joe Chill to rob in a certain alley, gives Question cancer, summons Neron, revives Blackhand, who in turn shoots Franz Ferdinand and his crazy wife murderes Sue Dibney.

You forgot he needs to revive Vandal Savage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom