• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic aka plot demanded it.

I know lol I forgot to quote you and add onto that.

I like how it's the future yet they still use P90s lmao.

Commence the ethnic cleansing, I guess.

Sooooo, what's stopping them from going into the past and erasing them all from existence?

Also, dat preview tho.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so

when it comes down to it

the team has accomplished absolutely nothing in this entire show

we're basically right back where we started except hawkdude is dead and ray and shayera got together

Pilgrimzero

I don't know why I keep watching this. The characters act completely stupid and the fact they have powers they under use is just amazing.

Drop the kid of at an orphanage in the 1980s or something jeeze.

Firestorm, you have amazing powers try using them. Same with Iron Man, I mean Atom. Trying doing something useful aside from fly around.

Of course the master of flying Hawkgirl... I just...

And what's White Canarys power aside from avoiding getting shot?

And would Colds ice gun PLEASE freeze someone. It's not a shotgun.

Rip and crew are the most inept group of heroes. They literally haven't done one thing right this entire series.

Next season replace Rip with Booster and the whole crew with the JLI and mark it as an action comedy.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
so

when it comes down to it

the team has accomplished absolutely nothing in this entire show

we're basically right back where we started except hawkdude is dead and ray and shayera got together
We sort of signed up for that based on the premise of the show. It's not like they're going to stop Savage midway through the season.

Maybe next season they'll try and stop/minimize some time-traveling villain who's wreaking havoc on the time line. At least with that story you can have a successful mission, but still have the big bad to stop.

Luigi87

Heads up!

Next week's episode airs in Canada on TUESDAY (during the Flash's regular slot). So spoiler tag accordingly if anyone watches it (I say this as a Canadian).

Asbel

I don't know why I keep watching this. The characters act completely stupid and the fact they have powers they under use is just amazing.

Drop the kid of at an orphanage in the 1980s or something jeeze.

Firestorm, you have amazing powers try using them. Same with Iron Man, I mean Atom. Trying doing something useful aside from fly around.

Of course the master of flying Hawkgirl... I just...

And what's White Canarys power aside from avoiding getting shot?

And would Colds ice gun PLEASE freeze someone. It's not a shotgun.

Rip and crew are the most inept group of heroes. They literally haven't done one thing right this entire series.

Next season replace Rip with Booster and the whole crew with the JLI and mark it as an action comedy.
With great power comes great ignorance for that plot tension. I don't take this show seriously at all and just watch for the fun moments like Mic.. Heat.. Chronos hamming it up in his prison.

Yea, my main issue so far are the underuse of their abilities. Too scared to use them or they don't know how to use them at all.

I understand that most of them are still inexperienced but they need to speed it up. Acquire the required tech for Atom, Cold, Heat, and Kendra. Stein and Jax needs to read up on how to harness the atoms. Canary needs to bring out her martial arts but she needs to control her bloodlust (which we did get to witness for a bit).

Pilgrimzero

I think what bugs me the most is when the team is going to go into action and Firestorm isn't already there.

Which I get its special effects and the show has a budget.

Would also like to point out that since all Firestorm does is flame things which makes Heatwave kind of redundant.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Why is it always go back in time and kill Hitler? Why isn't it,go back and give young Hitler permanent brain damage?

Would also like to point out that since all Firestorm does is flame things which makes Heatwave kind of redundant.

The show even recognized this when Rip told Heatwave that he was only along because he and Cold were a package deal. Now Heatwave has a decent enough reason to stay with the team: he's leveled up significantly and he's being hunted, too.

even with a small budget Firestorm should be turning guns into flowers or water into fire, shit like that. I just cant believe that the writers sat and said "make firestorm a guy that flies around and shoots fire"

Rip = worst time traveler. Even the flash dicking around in the past with a "time reaper" (or whatever they were) chasing him, is still better then the guy who went to time traveling school.

I'm not sure I understood this episode, kidnapping the kid had a basically minimal effect on the timeline so why would killing him change anything? The whole kidnapping business presupposed he would never be found again and Rip even confirms that the kid was just a pawn in Savage's overall plan and thus he'd simply find another. So again why does the conflict regarding killing him arise when we know removing him does nothing? Oh and if these Hunters are so badass why send Cronos after them initially anyway?

EDIT:

Also while I predicted that Mick was Cronos a while ago I just sort of realized that it makes no sense whatsoever. Think about it Mick from the start was attacked by Cronos it means that in the future where he becomes Cronos he would have to know that his initial attempts would fail because he and his crew-mates survived those attacks. So why would he then try to do the same thing over knowing full well it wouldn't work? Also how is he even able to travel to the same places the Waverider, which he was a member of, had traveled to. I thought one of the many dumb rules regarding time travel in the show is that you can't travel back to a time period you've previously visited, so Cronos/Mick shouldn't be able to travel to any point where his past self traveled with the Waverider crew. Right?

Rip = worst time traveler. Even the flash dicking around in the past with a "time reaper" (or whatever they were) chasing him, is still better then the guy who went to time traveling school.

Time travel school doesn't teach you anything other than how to take L's.

The Light

I'm not sure I understood this episode, kidnapping the kid had a basically minimal effect on the timeline so why would killing him change anything? The whole kidnapping business presupposed he would never be found again and Rip even confirms that the kid was just a pawn in Savage's overall plan and thus he'd simply find another. So again why does the conflict regarding killing him arise when we know removing him does nothing? Oh and if these Hunters are so badass why send Cronos after them initially anyway?

EDIT:

Also while I predicted that Mick was Cronos a while ago I just sort of realized that it makes no sense whatsoever. Think about it Mick from the start was attacked by Cronos it means that in the future where he becomes Cronos he would have to know that his initial attempts would fail because he and his crew-mates survived those attacks. So why would he then try to do the same thing over knowing full well it wouldn't work? Also how is he even able to travel to the same places the Waverider, which he was a member of, had traveled to. I thought one of the many dumb rules regarding time travel in the show is that you can't travel back to a time period you've previously visited, so Cronos/Mick shouldn't be able to travel to any point where his past self traveled with the Waverider crew. Right?

I think the whole not going back to the same instance is about how it can seriously mess with time. Guess you could say Mick as Kronos would be preserving the timeline by going back to kill the team and himself.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I thought this was a pretty stupid episode. Ray's brother out of left field so they can keep his future relationship status open (even though the future can be changed or whatever), the big moral dilemma being what to do with the kid, the Hawk flashbacks...none of it worked for me.

I mean, I know it was going to be this way but it's still bugging me that after 10 episodes they haven't really accomplished anything and just made things worse. Also Ray suddenly has a brother? What? I'm still trying to figure out why Carter on this show has fans and shippers.

Losers of Tomorrow indeed.

strafer

Damn, Purcell and Wenthworht are having so much fun with their roles.

they really are amping it up

I love Heatwaves dark growly voice :D

carlsojo

There's taking an L and then there's pushing up a genocide by 5 years. That's a fucking catastrophe. A legendary catastrophe if you will.

Makonero

This. Let Daddy clean up your mess, Rip. He has to save his grandson & daughter-in-law, too. Plus he's an honest-to-god professional.

I would love to have Booster show up and be totally serious and competent and a total badass. And then have the younger carefree goofy version show up later with no idea that he's Rip's dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom