• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Yeah, i'm starting to get tired of this show. The effects in that last fight were awful. Roy is a massive pushover, and Kendra (Kendra's Shyera right? From JL/JLU? Or is this a different Hawk Girl?) is damn near worthless and annoying. Her bit about feeling like she's cheating on Hawk Man with Roy was fine, and then she's like "but no big, I'm sure we can make it work!" Really? Really?? Just the fact that Roy thought that was ok irks the hell out of me.

She is but she isn't. Same character, different origin story.

PreFire

Yeah, i'm starting to get tired of this show. The effects in that last fight were awful. Roy is a massive pushover, and Kendra (Kendra's Shyera right? From JL/JLU? Or is this a different Hawk Girl?) is damn near worthless and annoying. Her bit about feeling like she's cheating on Hawk Man with Roy was fine, and then she's like "but no big, I'm sure we can make it work!" Really? Really?? Just the fact that Roy thought that was ok irks the hell out of me.

I think you mean Ray or is this another Crisco thing

Piku_Ringo

Banned

f3pgXP8.gif

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
heatwave is the best character. Cold is up there too but every now and then the way he "talkssssssssss..." Is annoying

I was actually going to mention that. It's actually starting to bother me. I never really even thought about it before, but I guess since his character is doing different things and supposed to be displaying different emotions, it's starting to become very bizarre. It was super jarring in this episode.

Cafeman

This show is not good. I watch it and I feel like rolling my eyes at it every episode. I wish it would get cancelled so I'd have my hour back each week. But as long as it airs, I the comics fan must watch it.

Ross61

I hope that this get's better if it has a second season. I trudged through Arrows half-way good first season to that magnificent second season.

GulAtiCa

This show is not good. I watch it and I feel like rolling my eyes at it every episode. I wish it would get cancelled so I'd have my hour back each week. But as long as it airs, I the comics fan must watch it.
That's stupid. Just don't watch it if you seriously wishing it to be cancelled.... Some of us actually really enjoy the hell out of it.

xenist

Legends is pretty fun if you watch it as an Office like comedy. Or like Mystery Men without the third act redemption. Just a bunch of incompetents stumbling blindly from defeat to defeat.

I like the idea of the show but everyone is so shit at their jobs, nerfed to hell and there is no explanation for why they're all basically idiots when it comes to plans.

Joni

Some people really didn't watch the Twilight Zone with their killing baby Hitler arguments. But this show itself made it clear. They couldnt stop it. If they killed the kid, his father wouldn't be able to stop Savage from doing it either.

Just stop watching. We actually enjoy it

Why not just lock Vandal Savage in a cage/metahuman chamber until the rest of time?

Depending on how his immortality works it's possible that when he dies he's resurrected elsewhere like with Forever where the main character always resurrected in the Hudson River in New York where he was initially killed and thrown into the water. We know he can die, he just doesn't stay dead so locking him up he'd probably just kill himself, they've have to prevent that too.

ZeroX03

Banned

Damn, you must write time travel for The CW, because this post is seriously defying logic.

and Kendra (Kendra's Shyera right? From JL/JLU? Or is this a different Hawk Girl?) is damn near worthless and annoying.
Too bad the mom from Wizards of Waverly Place isn't 15-20+ years younger.
Her voice is almost as locked to the character as Conroy Batman and Mark's Joker for me.

PreFire

Depending on how his immortality works it's possible that when he dies he's resurrected elsewhere like with Forever where the main character always resurrected in the Hudson River in New York where he was initially killed and thrown into the water. We know he can die, he just doesn't stay dead so locking him up he'd probably just kill himself, they've have to prevent that too.
I was thinking the same exact thing as I wrote it out. It'd be hilarious if suicide doesn't bring him back.

Does he need to eat? Just attach him to a life monitor, toss him in a padded cell with a straight jacket or chains with no give, turn off the lights and forget about him while he goes insane.

If he does need nutrients.. Just put the bastard in an induced coma with IV's barely keeping him alive.

Get Gideon to lotomize him. Vegetable savage can't hurt anyone

Of course, him being captured and incapicated means Kendra can just say the magic words then stab the fucker.

TBH, the show could've been over or at least the Savage story by the second or third episode with the way it's been written, they just end up turning the characters stupid to allow him to get away or having another character kill him despite knowing it won't work. They should've, at the very least killed him a couple times in different ways and then be figure out why he doesn't stay dead before realizing that it's Kendra with that dagger that they left behind that needs to do it, hell give Kendra one kill on him before hand even. They basically ensured from the pilot that absolutely nothing they do will matter until the last episode or two.

MartyStu

Savage is such a great villain and the actor is really good, it is a shame he is being wasted in this show.

None of this is true.

All else being equal, if the actor were any good and the character were better written, it would go a long way to elevating the show.

Poyunch

Savage's debut made him out to be some lame knife slinging serial killer and he honestly hasn't been much of a threat in Legend of Tomorrow. He's really only made it this far in the season because the Legends team is so incompetent.

I hope his storyline is wrapped up by the end of the season because I don't much care for the way he's portrayed in the Arrowverse.

xenist

The year is 1923. Savage is walking somewhere. Suddenly a rocket hits him. While he's out Kendra swoops in with the dagger of whatever stabs him in the heart and slits his throat too for good measure. Plan over. Everyone goes for a beer.

Call me, Rip. I have this and many more plans in exchange for a couple of winning lottery numbers.

I wanted to like this show so much, but it's just too stupid. Like, I give shows a long leash, but the whole premise behind this is flawed. They screw up with savage, they could go back 15 minutes before they arrived and try again. They say they can't interfere with time they've already been to, but we have heatwave out there trying to kill himself in the past. The show breaks its own logic all the time and it mostly just frustrates me. I'm holding on until the end of the season, but everyone else I know dropped it. So much promise, wasted.

I also hate how the frost gun just acts like a punch gun and never freezes anything. Bleh.

Luigi87

Wut! Why are we getting it early? NHL playoffs? I usually record off CW... I'll have to go change my recording at lunch.

I'm not sure, just after last week's ep it said "New episode on a special night, Tuesday" and it's during when The Flash would normally air. I'm guessing they normally piggyback off the same reruns that the CW airs, but since the CW is airing iZombie tonight instead of The Flash, they are filling with LoT.

Parch

I still like the show and the time travel aspects. There's endless possibilities with that schtick but obviously they'll have to move on from the Savage chase eventually. Season two will require a new goal.

I also like how this is an oddball and flawed mix of villains and goofs who are really stumbling their way along. Things never go smoothly and the writers are having some fun with character development. Superhero shows need to be less serious, and Legends gets it.

The character exception is definitely the Hawks. Damn, they're annoying. I would have no problem if they just abandoned those characters. Those two are a major miss for the show.

Joni

I'm not sure, just after last week's ep it said "New episode on a special night, Tuesday" and it's during when The Flash would normally air. I'm guessing they normally piggyback off the same reruns that the CW airs, but since the CW is airing iZombie tonight instead of The Flash, they are filling with LoT.

Yeah, they probably don't have the rights for iZombie. I think that station also has a problem with The 100. Last year Canada kept getting Reign a day early and nowadays The Vampire Diaries.

Luigi87

Airing now in Canada.

That is all. If any other Canadians are watching (or others check it out later...) please have the courtesy to spoil tag prior to Thursday's airing.

Parch

Knew immediately a Wild West episode would include Jonah Hex and every western cliche imaginable. Still a pretty fun episode

Wow!
Great
episode.
A little cliched for sure, but fun
. Jonah Hex was
great, I hope we get to see more of him. I was kind of hoping he'd take Carter's spot on the team but I guess it's too late in the game for that
. Kendra's story was actually
interesting, though once again more BS with her and Ray that I don't care about. They spend way more time on screen talking about being a couple than actually being one, it's annoying
Once again it's weird how the old west looks so much like the Vancouver area, fog and rain and all. Anyone know where they shot this episode? It's too bad they didn't drive out of the Fraser Canyon, there are much more traditionally western looking areas in the province that wouldn't be that far for the crew to travel, think the UFO scene in the first X-Files episode this year.
In summary, I think it's fair to say the most important thing we learned from this episode was
Sara looks really cute in a cowboy hat

Damn, Ray just flew through a dude.

At least they actually had him use his powers for once rather than just be a discount Iron Man.

And why do they keep giving famous people their nicknames.

Is it possible to go back in time and NOT meet someone famous?

Hobbun

As the show has been renewed for next season, anyone know if it will be a full season like Arrow and Flash (23 episodes)? Or will it be 16 again?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
As the show has been renewed for next season, anyone know if it will be a full season like Arrow and Flash (23 episodes)? Or will it be 16 again?

I don't think they've said, yet. But I'd expect another season of 16 with an option to extend to a full order.

The CW has a lot of shows in various stages of production and precious little time available to program them, so I wouldn't be surprised if it just stays at 16 episodes.

I'm disappointed that they're going back on it being an anthology show, I mean I get it and I knew they'd have to keep a few characters but I was hoping they'd maybe have a core three or four and then replace the rest with new ones that that been introduced through this season and other "Arrowverse" shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom