• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xemnas89

That wasn't as bad an episode as I thought it would be. Hex criminally under used. Loved the costumes, especially the Sharon Stone/Quick and the Dead vibe I was getting off of Caity Lotz. Even the town looked good. One of the better episodes for sure.

I feel like Hex is a prime candidate for joining the team for a few episodes next season.

Everyone's a jobber in the Arrowverse...

Feelsbadman.png

Yeah, that Wells reference really threw me off for a second. I was like, "oh shit a Wells?! Oh wait, H.G. Wells -_- That Wells and not our beloved Wells."

Yeah, Hex would be a good addition to the team but then he would get reduced to jobber status and being a idiot nearly all the time. Do we really want that GAF?

ZeroX03

Banned
I'd hope to see more from Hex in the future, hopefully one of those temporary teammates that were mentioned recently. He really did nothing except look badass.

Joni

I'd hope to see more from Hex in the future, hopefully one of those temporary teammates that were mentioned recently. He really did nothing except look badass.

And at least show that the CW can do 'ugly', even though he still looked very stunning.

Skux

Those Hunters looked hilariously out of place, not just because they were bounty hunters from the future, but because they looked like dudes who just finished a BMX extreme sports event.

Yeah it was a filler episode but I'm warming to them. It's sort of a throwback style of storytelling. We're so used to serialised comic book storylines and canon and consistent fictional universes that it's hard to get out of the mindset that everything has to be linked to past and future episodes.

LoT reminds me of Star Trek and Stargate SG-1. Go to a new place every episode, do some cool shit, and then leave like nothing happened. We got some great outfits, a badass supporting character, and some fun Western tropes. How could you not be satisfied with that?

It was a cool episode. But i still dunno anything about Jonah Hey. What is he? Who is he? What are his powers?

Would love to see more of him though.

jwk94

This show needs to figure out what it wants to do. Just an episode ago they're telling us how the time masters sent some formidable foes after them because Rip and friends keep screwing up with time. Those hunters are defeated in a few minutes. Then they do the same thing this episode except with a lady who's going after their past selves. Ugh.

Luigi87

The funny thing is if that one hunter didn't tell Mick that Omega protocol was called on them while he was dying, then the crew wouldn't have had any idea, and they'd be done.

Was I the only one who noticed Ray killed a guy by being a human bullet? Also the fight starts and everyone is standing out in the open talking. I think Hex was just there to remind everyone how bad a time traveler Rip is. Because of Rip an entire town died! Maybe this is all a set-up and when rip runs into his younger self, he'll be reminded why he became a time traveler in the first place, and then become the best time traveler ever!

Also for next episode
I think it is just going to be right wing propaganda. The villain is lady bounty hunter, who specializes in killing babies.
Just look for the clues and it will be obvious.

ZeroX03

Banned
Was I the only one who noticed Ray killed a guy by being a human bullet? Also the fight starts and everyone is standing out in the open talking. I think Hex was just there to remind everyone how bad a time traveler Rip is. Because of Rip an entire town died! Maybe this is all a set-up and when rip runs into his younger self, he'll be reminded why he became a time traveler in the first place, and then become the best time traveler ever!

Yes that scene of Atom ripping through a guy, seemed very out of character.

Also for next episode
I think it is just going to be right wing propaganda. The villain is lady bounty hunter, who specializes in killing babies.
Just look for the clues and it will be obvious.

I'm just going to assume this is a wonky joke.

Okay so this might just be me, but is this the worst group of superheroes to ever face any sort of disaster ever? I mean they haven't accomplished shit so far, in fact, it seems like they've only made every single thing they've touched worse. I mean their definition of success seems to be: "At least we managed to undo our fuckup from earlier in the episode and now we're back at status quo." I don't even know how they're holding all these L's do they have a secret extra team member designated to hold all those L's?

I was going to summarize but then I'd realize I'd wall of text my first post in this O.T and that's not cool. Suffice to say I think this episode is the first one they can call a legit success and it was all utterly meaningless. It's kind of amazing at how much these 9(8) superheroes are struggling to kill one, Eastern European looking, ancient Egyptian asshole.

I also can't help but roflol every single time they roll the end of episode team battle scene that's supposed to trick you into thinking these scrublords are anything but the scrubbiest of scrubs.

Joni

I don't even know how they're holding all these L's do they have a secret extra team member designated to hold all those L's?
Ray Palmer.

I was going to summarize but then I'd realize I'd wall of text my first post in this O.T and that's not cool. Suffice to say I think this episode is the first one they can call a legit success and it was all utterly meaningless. It's kind of amazing at how much these 9(8) superheroes are struggling to kill one, Eastern European looking, ancient Egyptian asshole.
Welcome.

PreFire

Fun episode

Assuming that was Rory's younger self that chick was about to blast, wouldn't that cause a singularity if he dies?

Rory grows up to become Chronos, who himself apparently has major involvement in fixing time and all that stuff.. Being a hunter and all..

If you kill his or any of their younger selves, it's going to cause a singularity or something major..

They have a major effect on the timeline..

Fun episode

Assuming that was Rory's younger self that chick was about to blast, wouldn't that cause a singularity if he dies?

Rory grows up to become Chronos, who himself apparently has major involvement in fixing time and all that stuff.. Being a hunter and all..

If you kill his or any of their younger selves, it's going to cause a singularity or something major..

They have a major effect on the timeline..

I've given up on trying to make sense of time travel in the Arrowverse. It's utter nonsense but I love it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The Arrowverse is all about failure.

I'm sure the only reason the universe exists is because some Anti-Monitor-type failed to destroy it eons ago.

ZeroX03

Banned
The Arrowverse is all about failure.

I'm sure the only reason the universe exists is because some Anti-Monitor-type failed to destroy it eons ago.

Even from the start, in the first season of Arrow both Oliver and Merlyn sort of failed. Neither fully thwarted the other.

Skux

I can't help but love Rip's intro speech.

"In 2166 an immortal tyrant named Vandal Savage conquered the world and murdered my wife and child. I have assembled an elite team to hunt him throughout time and stop his rise to power."

If that's not the greatest premise for a TV show of all time I don't know what is.

Joni

The fun thing is that the loss in victory is there in all the DC shows. Constantine got cancelled before taking down the bad guy, Liv moore doesn't end positive in either season, Gotham gives the city to a major villain. The end of Arrow season 2 might be the only place where there is a victory without direct consequences.

ZeroX03

Banned
The fun thing is that the loss in victory is there in all the DC shows. Constantine got cancelled before taking down the bad guy, Liv moore doesn't end positive in either season, Gotham gives the city to a major villain. The end of Arrow season 2 might be the only place where there is a victory without direct consequences.

I mean he lost Moira along the way, and the city took a fair bit of damage. In the end it was the cleanest win at least.

ReiGun

Has anyone else noticed how Rip seems to always be standing kind of hunched over?

I don't know why, but it really bothered me this episode.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Jonah Hex didn't do a damn thing in this episode. It was sorta bizarre. You would think they would milk as much as they could out of that character cameo, but they never showed him actually doing anything cool. He could have been the sharpshooter that backed up Ray during the first confrontation with the gang. But it was a fun episode and the big group fight was a step up from last week's.

shanafan

Do you notice that right after Jeb Stillwater was shot in the duel, the town's people were already putting him into a wooden coffin?

It was like.. shot, presumed dead and into coffin. They ain't wasting no time.

Magwik

Banned
Do you notice that right after Jeb Stillwater was shot in the duel, the town's people were already putting him into a wooden coffin?

It was like.. shot, presumed dead and into coffin. They ain't wasting no time.
maybe they are afraid of zombies and bury everyone asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom