• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rymuth

More episodes like this, please. Loved the set pieces. Go to ancient Rome or something.

One gripe: Rip's
character made no sense this episode. Three times he was confronted and each and every time he was offering the same nonsensical explanation. "You don't understand! This era is addictive!" what the hell are you on about?! The explanation I had in mind was so much better - I imagined Salvation needed to be destroyed because it was important to the timeline...but nnnnnnope.

Also, that ending!

Magwik

Banned
I really hope they don't go with a higher episode count next season. Enough of this one already feels like filler, and I won't be too thrilled if they keep the same cast as before too.

Firestorm 2.0 has pretty much been a bust. They only thing I would've missed had they not brought Firestorm along is getting Stephanie C. For Valentina Vostok and they could've still done that another way.

The Light

Jax hasn't done much of anything. Either the writers don't know what to do with him or he was created just so Stein can be used on the show.
Would say Kendra is just as useless but at least we know she is there purely for romance story.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Firestorm's effects are too expensive to use regularly, honestly he was a bad choice as a regular character on a TV show.

Jax hasn't done much of anything. Either the writers don't know what to do with him or he was created just so Stein can be used on the show.
Would say Kendra is just as useless but at least we know she is there purely for romance story.

And, you know, the whole Savage thing.

It's not just that they're expensive is just that Firestorm is boring with how he's used. They were going to explore the powers at some point it seems but then for whatever reason they dropped it. I mean granted Firestorm can be OP as fuck but geez... At least it'd be more interest than just a character that burns things, we already got one of those.

To be fair to the show people, outside of his own comic which nobody read (I only read the Jason run), and a few events like Blackest Night, Firestorm does jackshit and is just a fire guy instead of an elemental master alchemist dude

Parch

It's not just that they're expensive is just that Firestorm is boring with how he's used. They were going to explore the powers at some point it seems but then for whatever reason they dropped it. I mean granted Firestorm can be OP as fuck but geez... At least it'd be more interest than just a character that burns things, we already got one of those.
They could use a little more individual attention on everybody's power skills. Right now it's a lot of everybody rumble in a group fight. Let's see some one on one confrontations to show off some battling skills.

I'm disappointed that they're going back on it being an anthology show, I mean I get it and I knew they'd have to keep a few characters but I was hoping they'd maybe have a core three or four and then replace the rest with new ones that that been introduced through this season and other "Arrowverse" shows.

Anybody who ever believed it would be an anthology show was kidding themselves. Cable might make some high profile anthology shows, but any broadcast network is going to take a "if it's not broken, don't fix it" approach to shows they renew.

Joni

Sara and Ray look very good in their Western outfit
Interesting that she is not always that look. Wonder how that works. She also looks like someone that could have been Ma Hunkle.

MartyStu

To be fair to the show people, outside of his own comic which nobody read (I only read the Jason run), and a few events like Blackest Night, Firestorm does jackshit and is just a fire guy instead of an elemental master alchemist dude

Yup.

And to be even more fair, he would break the show if even half of his capabilities were being used.

Same thing with Flash.

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't mind if Jax is a bit of scrub with his powers, but I do want to see more of Stein coaching him. His interactions with Ronnie were fun, but we don't see a lot of the shared body stuff. It's not like voice over is expensive.

Volimar

I don't mind if Jax is a bit of scrub with his powers, but I do want to see more of Stein coaching him. His interactions with Ronnie were fun, but we don't see a lot of the shared body stuff. It's not like voice over is expensive.

People twist everything Stein says to Jax into some racist remark tho. It's no wonder he keeps his mouth shut now.

That natural athleticism.

TheOddOne

New episode today (for non-Canucks):
Season 1: episode 11 "The Magnificent Eight"

When the team needs a place to hide out, Rip sets a course for the Old West. Upon arrival, they start a fight with a gang of outlaws, putting the small town in jeopardy. Luckily, an old friend of Rip’s, Jonah Hex, steps in to save them.
- Promo for this week's episode.

Joni

I haven't watched this show at all except for The Flash and Arrow crossover episodes, is this any good?

It is something that gives some good fun moments, although it doesn't always makes sense. It is a fun show, but the quality does switch. It is mainly good if you like Sara, Snart and consorts.

Effect

I wonder if the words "Don't screw up the timeline" actually is translating for them to be "Screw up the timeline as much as possible".

I honestly feel like this series is basically a bunch of actors & filmmakers came together deciding they wanted to have fun playing around in a dozen different settings & a network gave them a time slot for the insanity.

Not that I'm complaining.

ZeroX03

Banned
I honestly feel like this series is basically a bunch of actors & filmmakers came together deciding they wanted to have fun playing around in a dozen different settings & a network gave them a time slot for the insanity.

Not that I'm complaining.

That's what happened. They wanted a spin off with a bunch of actors they liked.

I am a little disappointed in Hex so far. I was hoping we'd get to really see him in action, but he's not really all that vital to the episode.

Edit* They really gonna do Mick dirty like that?

Korigama

So NOW they think of having someone go kill the crew's younger selves. Was admittedly amused by the Terminator reference in the preview.

Xemnas89

I assumed they were going a different direction with the Wells name drop although I guess there's no reason why Harrison Wells couldn't be related to him in this world.

That wasn't as bad an episode as I thought it would be. Hex criminally under used. Loved the costumes, especially the Sharon Stone/Quick and the Dead vibe I was getting off of Caity Lotz. Even the town looked good. One of the better episodes for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom