• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island |OT| Island of the Dead

Yes, clipping is clipping and Bildaufbau is indeed pop-in, although most German reviewers just call it pop-in as well.

Apart from the contra list they also seem to dislike the characters being as stereotyped as they are and aren't really fond of the voice overs. After watching some footage, I can definitely already see where those two points are coming from.

Acquiescence said:
Wth, Amazon.co.uk is selling the 360 version for £29 and the PS3 version for £37...what's that about?!

This happens a lot. They did something similar with different versions of Bad Company 2, Mass Effect 2, deBlob 2 and others

Asda Direct are offering both for £29.97

Keyser Soze said:
This happens a lot. They did something similar with different versions of Bad Company 2, Mass Effect 2, deBlob 2 and others

Bless you sir.

Edit - Oh, I should ask. Do you know how they rate in terms of delivery? Do they get the game through your letterbox on the day of release or are they more lax?

Keyser Soze said:

The ltd Batman AC is £15 cheaper on PS3 at Amazon than the 360. It's a thing.

Capt.Haddock said:
green Man gaming Most probably.They are giving like 20% off on the price.if you use READY-UPDEA-ISLAN code.
And a $5 referral code, which you can get if you PM me.
cool_smiley_136879394.gif

R dott B said:
Man..I wish I had Rosetta stone embedded into my head.

You are not missing anything. The voice over is pretty much only a (word by word) reiteration of the written article. If you read the translations on the last two pages you already know what he is talking about.

GDJustin said:
I can tell you that this has replaced Deus Ex as "the game" around the IGN offices, this week. It's what we're playing, what we're talking about, etc.

But... I can also tell you that it's going to be divisive. This is an RPG, through-and-through. Even after folks know that, I'm still not sure they fully understand what they're getting into. As an RPG, combat is a bit clunky, etc. But the game makes up for this in other ways.

awesome, having played deus ex thats exactly what I want to hear, deep single player RPG's. I was pretty depressed when obsidian had to lay off people - this the company that made new vegas, which I consider one of the best games ever made

shiroryu

How mod-friendly in general are this company's PC games? Wondering if there'll be a mod to make a third-person behind-the-shoulder view, kind of how Left 4 Dead got one.

Zyzyxxz

I hope this game gets some more attention, its strange how little hype its gotten and its coming out in 2 days!

You'd think a zombie game of this calibur would get some decent marketing?

Derrick01

Banned
After watching the video I was expecting a higher score than 8, the guy seemed like his pants were going to explode from the excitement. It's almost like they actually used the entire 1-10 scale for this one.

LProtag

So visual problems along with a slightly wonky FPS melee system that takes some getting used to are the only problems?

Don't really sound like dealbreakers to me.

Bazhard

Banned
So PS3 got the shit end of the stick AGAIN? tired of them giving shitty ports to ps3, guess ill be skipping this game till i build my PC in feb.

I see Brad from Giant Bomb is playing this. He's got 95/1000 achievements as of yesterday. Not sure how low that is. But maybe we can expect a review from him instead of just a Quick Look.

Enco

Oh man those scores are surprisingly good.

Might just hop into the wagon as I just completed DX3.

If anyone wants it, I recommend getting it from GMG. If you want a referral for $5 (after your purchase), send me a pm.

Found another review - Games.ch 89%

Pro and contra points mentioned are:

+Grafisch ansprechend
+Wunderbares Setting
+Missionskonzept überzeugt
+Waffenanpassungen
+Tierisch unterhaltsam im Co-Op

-Mimik der Figuren
-Kleine technische Aussetzer
-Allein spielen

Quick Translation:

+graphically appealing
+wonderful setting
+satisfying quest/mission concept
+weapon modifications
+really entertaining in Co-Op mode

-facial expressions
-minor technical issues
-singleplayer

Don't ask me about the reviewer or the site in general - never been there before.

LProtag

Would like to see more reviews, but I'm probably going to bite for PS3 because my friend is interested in getting it too.

I don't really think I'll mind the graphical stuff if the game has a decently rich RPG system like this review says.

Top Bottom