• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island |OT| Island of the Dead

I swear on my future children (god forbid) that I read about a day/night cycle when this game was first unveiled. Guess not.

Kind of kills it in terms of immersion. I know it's probably a big task to do, in any game, but if it meant the game staying in the oven for a few more months, hey.

wilflare

Flunkie said:
Wondering if I should spend part of my $55 in GMG credit to get this or save it for a bigger release.

$55 oO
GMG mentioned they are unlikely to get SpaceMarine in time for pre-order... so...

Used a bunch of amazon credit towards the 360 version. Now I just hope the Co-op netcode is solid so me and my bro can play together without issue.

legbone

i remember reading a developer quote about a month ago regarding a console demo. stated there would be one but had no definite date. anyone heard anything? may be post launch, i don't know.

Phat Michael said:
it came out here in Dubai 2 days ago as well for PS3. I was going to get it but ive heard ZERO reviews. that warhammer game also came out 2 days ago. Games get released here VERY early compared to the states/aus/europe etc

Dead Island |OT| Time to move to Dubai

wilflare

wowzors said:
Is GMG good for Batman Arkham City too? cause its about 30 dollars also, would be a great deal if its region free.

it is but the word so far is that the game cannot be activated on Steam (if this bothers you)

Always-honest said:
it's out and there are no reviews? wtf?

Yeah, it´s kinda weird, i´m still on the fence, because zombies are always fun, and it´s the perfect game to play coop with my brother and some buddies...but having some reviews would be nice.

hitoshi

Always-honest said:
it's out and there are no reviews? wtf?

Its not gonna be released until next week in the west and the embargo is up until Monday if i remember correctly (but please prove me wrong, I'm really not sure this time)

hitoshi said:
Its not gonna be released until next week in the west and the embargo is up until Monday if i remember correctly (but please prove me wrong, I'm really not sure this time)
okay. Don't know. i guess i still feel, like many here it seems, that this game could be just bad. But hoping it's great.

derFeef said:
What's this GMG referral? :)
If you buy a game off GMG through a referral you and the person referring you get five dollars to use on your next purchase. I'll PM you my referral link in case you are interested.

wilflare

derFeef said:
What's this GMG referral? :)

GMG = Green Man Gaming
you create an account with a referral link and spend at least $5, you'll get $5 back as credit for a future purchase :D

those needing one, PM me.

on a separate note, the lack of hype, what not is really worrying.

hitoshi

Always-honest said:
okay. Don't know. i guess i still feel, like many here it seems, that this game could be just bad. But hoping it's great.

Don't expect an AAA game and have tolerance for bad character animations, average writing, average missions and a below average gunplay and you'll be fine, I think :)

MRORANGE

Honestly if you going to buy this game, then play with 4 other friends if you can, unless your the type of werido who enjoys playing borderlands/l4d by themselves.

Salazar

MRORANGE said:
Honestly if you going to buy this game, then play with 4 other friends if you can, unless your the type of werido who enjoys playing borderlands/l4d by themselves.

Borderlands is a bucket of sputum alone or in company, but Left 4 Dead is perfectly tolerable solo.

MRORANGE said:

So it's not as Bioshock-y as the trailers suggest?

MRORANGE

Salazar said:
Borderlands is a bucket of sputum alone or in company, but Left 4 Dead is perfectly tolerable solo.

not on expert, heck l4d2 team AI on normal makes me wants me to smash my keyboard. granted.

whatevermort said:
So it's not as Bioshock-y as the trailers suggest?

probably not. although no gameplay has shown the "true emotion"faced in a zombie apocalypse.

this game is really turning into a "wait & see" game.

Flunkie

Banned
wilflare said:
$55 oO
GMG mentioned they are unlikely to get SpaceMarine in time for pre-order... so...
Lots of friends hopped on the Deus Ex/Red Orchestra deal. :)

As for Space Marine, I've never been into the franchise, and have yet to play the demo with a controller (wasn't feeling it with kb/m). So that makes it harder. I guess I have until next week to decide!

wilflare

Flunkie said:
Lots of friends hopped on the Deus Ex/Red Orchestra deal. :)

As for Space Marine, I've never been into the franchise, and have yet to play the demo with a controller (wasn't feeling it with kb/m). So that makes it harder. I guess I have until next week to decide!

i guess it's time to revisit my friend's list once again -evil laughter-
jump on both Dead Island and Space Marine! will be good to play co-op w some GAFfers :D

LProtag

Gonna have to see how this is via reviews before getting it. Also probably see if any of my friends with PS3s will get it too as a co-op runthru seems more fun.

ironcreed

Banned
I think I will have fun with it, but it is a rental for me for sure. As I just got Deus Ex last week and have Space Marine pre-ordered for next week. This one falls in with the games that I really want to play, but really have no need to own.

Screen tearing everywhere, I don't remember it being that bad for the 360 demo though, will wait to decide which console I get it on.

Cimarron said:
Am I the only one here who hopes this will help satisfy my craving for my L4D co-op campaign shennanigans?

You mean like running ahead to the saferoom with your buddies not far behind and, hearing the cues for a mass zombie attack, you throw down a Molotov cocktail outside the door and play open/close door shenanigans to grief your friends?

Yea, I'm all about backstabbing every once in a while. lol

Top Bottom