• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island |OT| Island of the Dead

MRORANGE

Autofokus said:

-BLITZ- said:
Dead Island Digital Comic

http://marvel.com/digitalcomics/view_white.htm?iid=22757

I'm reading right now. Don't know what's about, possible spoilers or something related to the story.

thank you, will add to the |OT|

-BLITZ-

Good comic.

And I thought the characters were just made or created random. Interesting to see they are more involved in the plot and not just gameplay.

And I thank you for the 40Gameplay. I wanted so much that anyone to upload the videos on good quality than MTv ones.

MRORANGE

-BLITZ- said:
Good comic.

And I thought the characters were just made or created random. Interesting to see they are more involved in the plot and not just gameplay.

And I thank you for the 40Gameplay. I wanted so much that anyone to upload the videos on good quality than MTv ones.

Yeah I liked the comic, gave more detail about the characters than the developers did lol. Not sure on posting comic images (copyright reasons) so just put the front cover & link in the OP

I wish GAF had
>_<!!!!!!

Reading the comic now, was not aware that the black female was supposed to be Aboriginal. First Aboriginal character ever in a game?

Edit: Good grief @ Sam B... hahaha

Salsa

Phonomezer said:
Reading the comic now, was not aware that the black female was supposed to be Aboriginal. First Aboriginal character ever in a game?

Edit: Good grief @ Sam B... hahaha

well i guess there's Elena

sf3_char_elena.jpg

%5Banimepaper.net%5Dpicture-standard-anime-street-fighter-sf3-third-strike-online-edition-elena-207667-xechs-medium-cb250fd1.jpg

LProtag

Hm, just remembered I have about 45 dollars I can get in Amazon credit from doing surveys, that could make this a cheap buy for me.

Zomba13

Chairhome said:
I like the walking dude cause zombies don't hang themselves or other people. I guess someone could've hung themselves, but... meh.

I'm gonna wait. The CG trailer has garnered more of my attention than the gameplay.
Could have been a human who hung himself because he'd rather be proper dead than turned into a zombie/eaten alive.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
sleepykyo said:
It started off looking ok. Then the actual combat happened. Such horrifying screen tearing.
Some capture equipment can introduce screen tear like that when it's not in the actual game.

At least, I hope that's whats going on here.

theDeeDubs

chubigans said:
Some capture equipment can introduce screen tear like that when it's not in the actual game.

At least, I hope that's whats going on here.

In one of the videos on youtube, the broadcaster commented that it was the actual game and not his capture equipment :(.

Poker360

I found a review of Dead Island

Official Playstation Magazine - Italy.

Review Score: 8.5

Review Summary (Google translate):

In conclusion, the work done by the team turns out to be good, able to entertain fans of the FPS genre is that of RPGs. Although note the desire to create an innovative game Techland and long-lived, are still some aspects in which he would have done more. We remain convinced that the title still manages to carve a good niche in the market thanks to the interesting ideas that he proposes.

wilflare

Poker360 said:
I found a review of Dead Island

Official Playstation Magazine - Italy.

Review Score: 8.5

Review Summary (Google translate):

In conclusion, the work done by the team turns out to be good, able to entertain fans of the FPS genre is that of RPGs. Although note the desire to create an innovative game Techland and long-lived, are still some aspects in which he would have done more. We remain convinced that the title still manages to carve a good niche in the market thanks to the interesting ideas that he proposes.

Google translate fails.. :(
but 8.5 seems like a decent start.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I have been a fan of techland for years now. I'd love to see what they could do with a big budget.

derFeef

Produce said:
I am not surprised as Call of Juarez: The Cartel had the same issue.
Their engines look and run great on PC, though.
Yeah, The Cartel looked bad in places, but that was done by the B-team as far as I know.

Fjordson

Have this in Gamefly queue right now. Still unsure about this game, something about the combat is rubbin' me the wrong way.

Interested in playing either way, hopefully it's good!

wilflare

GMG just mentioned that all their discount codes are about to expire..
here's one i found to get 20% off Dead Island (only!)
READY-UPDEA-ISLAN (this will make your purchase $34)

PM me if you want a referral link to get $5 credit for your next purchase :D (this will make your purchase essentially $29)

get it people!

EDIT: the above is based on what GMG said on their twitter
https://twitter.com/#!/GreenManGaming/status/108831787278536704

Just a heads up guys - most of our vouchers run out today! If you wanted to get something super cheap, now would be the time! /Rob

wilflare said:
GMG just mentioned that all their discount codes are about to expire..
here's one i found to get 20% off Dead Island (only!)
READY-UPDEA-ISLAN (this will make your purchase $34)

PM me if you want a referral link to get $5 credit for your next purchase :D (this will make your purchase essentially $29)

get it people!

The code expired already, crap I was waiting to purchase it till reviews came out.
This code works "20PEC-FACEB-SAVER" have to go buy this asap.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Solid OP, OP :)

Even though it sounds interesting and is right up my alley I lost interest. When the glowing reviews start pouring in I might reconsider. For now this is in my same backlog as Hunted: The Demon's Forge as a might-be-nice co-op experience to trace back some day when it's cheap and I've got nothing better to do.

-BLITZ-

I've been concern about something. Every time when the character meets a zombie, the close zombie-face appears on the screen when he wants to bite him. What I hope for this is to not get this animation every two or three seconds when I meet a zombie or a pack of them and more to hope as a random conflict/fight to the player. :/

Ricker

glaurung said:
So what's the verdict on this thing?

Does it cross the shovelware threshold or no?

Pretty sure it does but it`s not a 9 and up title...anything above 6 will be good enough for me has it looks like fun.

DMPrince said:
i like the music. hopefully it's fun to play. im just going to melee everything. fuck using guns.

I think they mentionned a few times that ammo will be very limited anyway,it`s more of a melee type combat :)

Mesijs

I actually REALLY like the gameplay videos. I think this game will not get very high scores, but it could become a cult hit. The concept is very original and it seems to be a very nice bland of genres. It does look quite rough around the edges, but for me personally, the gameplay is very appealing and original.

AiTM

Banned
Does anyone know how the coop works? Is it drop in drop out? I plan on playing it with 2 friends, and given its length I wonder if I will have to play some of it on my own.

the screen tearing is destroying my eyeballs. i REALLY want to play this game but not if it's going to give me headaches.

does anyone know if the developers have been asked about it? ie: is this screen tearing because it's an early build, etc.

Top Bottom