• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island |OT| Island of the Dead

Enco

TheNamelessOne said:
Only one key here, both in mail and in account.

EDIT: Found this http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2011/09/dead-island-keys-are-now-live/

TheNiX said:
Would be awesome
ly terrible
if they accidentally sent out their new stock of keys to people who already received theirs instead of the people waiting.
vitaminwateryum said:
:lol

These guys can't catch a break.

I would put my money on that the UKers are getting release this friday and the codes were accidentally sent to those who have already activated them :lol

edit: might be an issue from GMG but it will affect them both unless if they deactivate all the codes and piss off a load of people :lol

Not sure about this two keys thing. When I tried to add the first one it said I needed the base game, but when I activated the second one it said that it was the DLC, then started to download the full game. After that I could add the second key but it also said it was the DLC.

Enco

jim-jam bongs said:
Not sure about this two keys thing. When I tried to add the first one it said I needed the base game, but when I activated the second one it said that it was the DLC, then started to download the full game. After that I could add the second key but it also said it was the DLC.
I'll hold out on doing anything with them until they say something about it.

jim-jam bongs said:

I gave my second key to a friend and it seemed to activate the base game and he's downloading it now. I used the first one and it said it was the DLC and activated just fine. Not sure what's going on, but I'm assuming we each at least have the base game now.

LProtag

People losing saves on PS3/360, are you losing them only in the time you were playing, or have they reverted back to where you were say, sometime the day before?

It appears Game UK hasn't posted this or my Resistance 3, they are getting an ear bashing tomorrow, will do the usual threaten to cancel all my preorders from them (I have about £400+ worth of games preordered) I better at least get a £10 voucher or something for them failing to deliver 2 games for release date.

jersoc

trying to do the FOV fix, but I don't have that .xml file when I extracted data0 :|

oh nm it's under data>skills
these directions are a fucking mess.

snorggy

ps3 version of this game is sold out everywhere in my neck of the woods.. either they shipped pitiful numbers or this game is going to be a smash hit.

guess it's a blessing in disguise though since there seem to be some technical problems people are experiencing... save glitches... ugh.

DodgerSan

kyo_daikun said:
It appears Game UK hasn't posted this or my Resistance 3, they are getting an ear bashing tomorrow, will do the usual threaten to cancel all my preorders from them (I have about £400+ worth of games preordered) I better at least get a £10 voucher or something for them failing to deliver 2 games for release date.
I'm in the same situation with Space Marine. It seems the utter crapness of their new website has permeated their whole infrastructure.

jkanownik

cleveridea said:
woah nice dead island now #2, #7 and #13 on amazon (some items are hardware, points card etc so its even higher)

LOVE this game

more I play the more I love it

The 360 version is actually sold out through Amazon directly. When I picked up my copy at Gamestop last night they said it was a good thing I pre-ordered because they didn't have any extra copies available.

Enco

Flunkie said:
I will seriously give someone $20 for one of their extra keys for my friend who can't afford it right now.

Edit: I don't want that comment to turn this thread into a key whoring thread. Just PM me, we can make a deal, and it will go unnoticed.
Would probably be best to see what is said about the codes.

Someone here said it wasn't a full game.

Concept17

FOV fix:

Find the data01.pak file in your Dead Island directory. Steam/steamapps/common/dead island/DI

Copy this file elsewhere, extract it using Winrar or Winzip.

Copy default_levels.xml located in Data/Skills

Create folder Data in your Documents/DeadIsland/out directory. Create another folder called Skills inside the Data folder. Paste default_levels.xml here.

Open default_levels.xml. Search for FOV. Change number 65.2 (or whatever default is) to 90 or whatever you prefer. Save. Win.

zychi

Banned
any chance someone is working on a mod for this that allows 3rd person mode? i would like this a lot more if it was 3rd person ala Dead Rising

Enco

Flunkie said:
Ah, mmkay. Don't wanna wreck the thread.
I don't see an issue with discussing it here (if there's new info). I'm not a mod but it's related to the game so should be cool.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Marty Chinn said:
Not if it's like those pics; it looks extremely warped on the sides.

Which is why there are 30 values between the 90 in those shots and the 60 it defaults to.

Prodigal said:
Any fixes for the weird mouse sensitivity in menus versus in game yet?
Oddly enough, I never had this issue on my iMac at home but it does happen on my pc at work. Not sure why it happens on one but not the other.

Flunkie

Banned
Enco said:
I don't see an issue with discussing it here (if there's new info). I'm not a mod but it's related to the game so should be cool.
No, I just know how GAF works.

"Hey, can I have a key?" turns into two people asking, turns into 40 pages of the same. Lists are formed, people start to rage, and it clogs entire threads. It's not a pretty sight. That's why we have dedicated threads for this bafoolery!

Actual issue: I can't see my DeadIsland folder in Documents. Wat.

Stitch

Gold Member
Flunkie said:
I can't see my DeadIsland folder in Documents. Wat.
yes this is weird. some people have these files in their documents folder but most have the files in the actual game folder!

legbone

yeah, it could be a little meta game that adds to the horror. the sense of dread builds as you turn on your console. will my save be ok? whew, all good. now onto the actual game. it's like the first scare of each gaming session. ha ha.

legbone said:
yeah, it could be a little meta game that adds to the horror. the sense of dread builds as you turn on your console. will my save be ok? whew, all good. now onto the actual game. it's like the first scare of each gaming session. ha ha.
Haha good point!

Milly79

I seriously hate the fucking city. You get fucked by 4-5 infected at a time and can't even hit them. I must have died at least 20 times.

Max

I am not Max
Neuromancer said:
Haha how does this happen? Should I stop kicking them?
I was bashing a zombie next to one and had full health and I guess it ricocheted off my blow and killed me

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Milly79 said:
I seriously hate the fucking city. You get fucked by 4-5 infected at a time and can't even hit them. I must have died at least 20 times.

I eventually got to a point where I would just try to run past everything. Same with the sewers. I would just run past all the zombies and close a door behind me. Once you start encountering the rammers more often it becomes a big pain.

After watching the Giant Bomb quick look I was all set to pick this up for the 360 today. Then I read that Gamestops are selling out. 'No problem' I think, I'm going to Best Buy anyway. Check online and they say the two stores closest to me are out of stock. Swing by during lunch anyway and they are indeed out (2 or 3 PS3 left in Downey,CA). Curses!!!

Found this in the GMG forums:
Some people were issued with a second steam key in error, at the same time as they were given their DLC key today.

We're in the middle of fixing this, so anyone with more than one Dead Island game key issued today should not try to use the second steam key, because those keys will no longer be functional very soon....

I should add that, this does not include anyone currently in support awaiting resolution from a while ago whereby the key was not activating.. Due to their complicated nature, we are attending to you on a case by case basis.

Hope those that have their keys now are happy, we're still clearing the support backlog, so please be patient with us!
http://forums.greenmangaming.com/topic/659/?page=34#post-7340

Flunkie

Banned
Everyone complaining about the fisheye, I generally live by the rule of 80. 90 is too much for me in every game but TF2. Steam forums said 82.5 is perfect for 16:9 resolutions. For me, I still can't get the FoV fix to work, so I don't know how it works.

Ledsen

Concept17 said:
You all receive and complete quests anytime one person turns them in. Main quests requires everyone to be at the NPC upon completion.

You can go turn in a quest, and the other players can come back to the npc at anytime and get whatever item reward there may have been, but everyone gets the xp reward right away.

So only the person who takes a quest gets to see the dialogue, but all players get the quest and subsequent rewards?

Ledsen said:
So only the person who takes a quest gets to see the dialogue, but all players get the quest and subsequent rewards?
If that's the case I'm glad I'm doing a solo run, plenty of time for co-op later.

JambiBum

Ledsen said:
Depends on if it's a main quest or side quest. If it's a main then everyone will get to see it as it usually requires everyone to be in the area.

Top Bottom