• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island |OT| Island of the Dead

Speculator

BioWare Austin
Just bought it on GMG..so pumped. Next week is going to be crazy with gaming for me with this, Space Marine, finishing Deus Ex, and continuing the Red Orchestra beta...if I only had the time.

Stitch

Gold Member
Good news, everyone!
you've read this in professor farnsworths voice

Dead Island PC Is Not A Port
http://ps3.mmgn.com/News/Dead-Island-PC-Is-Not-A-Port

When commenting on the graphics engine one member of the team said "you should see this on the PC, it looks amazing".

That tidbit of information wasn't enough so I asked the team member if the PC version was a port or a standalone release. He stated that the team started two versions right alongside each other - the PC and the console version.

The M.O.B

Another tidbit

-Game contains a NewGame+ after you complete the main story.

-You keep your levels, items, money and the enemies are tougher.

:)

MRORANGE

Co-op features:

Local Co-Op: No
Number of Players Offline: 0 Players
Online Co-Op: Yes
Number of Players Online: 4 Players
LAN or System Link: Yes
Number of Players via LAN or System link: 4 Players
Splitscreen: No
Simultaneous Local and Online Co-Op: No
Number of Players Online with Local: 0 Players
Drop-In / Drop-Out: Yes
Co-Op Specific Content: No
Single player content available in Co-Op: Yes

some of it means for the ps3 like system link

So, I uhhhh..... kinda just blind bought this because that GMG sale was gonna end and I have a passing interest in it. Soooooooo, hopefully it turns out good, gonna watch that 20min gameplay video later because I actually have NO idea what the game looks like.

_woLf

It's probably been answered before, but will the Arena DLC that comes with gamestop's version ever be added to the normal versions, like the one from GMG?

Stitch

Gold Member
When I've ordered from GMG it did say that it comes with the bloodbath arena DLC. I can't check if thats still the case because they decided to regionlock the Dead Island site...

Zozobra

I've never done the whole Steamworks thing before. From what I gather, I get the serial number from GMG but will that be on the day of release or beforehand? I'm just wondering for purposes of preloading and whatnot.

Yerolo

Just bought this via GMG for $34 as the 20% code runs out today. I have been interested in this game since seeing that haunting debut trailer.

L4D series never interested me tbh, but I do like zombie games and I love open world games, and this ticks both of those checkboxes

overcast

The M.O.B said:
Another tidbit

This is seriously great news.

I pre-ordered it but was still a little wary, but when I saw it had new game+....I swear, every developer should incorporated NG+.

The M.O.B said:
Another tidbit

oh. this blind buy is turning out to be good lol.

Teknoman

Man...if I wait on reviews i'll probably miss out on the sale. Blind bought Deus EX due to hype and GMG sale (turned out awesome of course)...but i'm still on edge about Dead Island.

Drewfonse

The M.O.B said:
Another tidbit

NEW GAME PLUS=AWESOMENESS

Resistance 3 has it too. It made replaying Dead Space 2 a joy. Developers take note....

Drewfonse

darkressurection said:
So, I uhhhh..... kinda just blind bought this because that GMG sale was gonna end and I have a passing interest in it. Soooooooo, hopefully it turns out good, gonna watch that 20min gameplay video later because I actually have NO idea what the game looks like.

That video sold me on it, gorgeous and fun.

CaLe

Just purchased it off GMG, don't disappoint me Zombie Head Bashing game.

PS: What's the 20% code everyone is talking about ?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
So, I really want this game on console... but that $34 GMG price is tempting me something crazy.

It screams console to me, and I primarily game these types of games on console.. someone tell me what to do!

Card Boy

Banned
NervousXtian said:
So, I really want this game on console... but that $34 GMG price is tempting me something crazy.

It screams console to me, and I primarily game these types of games on console.. someone tell me what to do!

Just PC it, you get the Bloodbath DLC for free aswell.

wilflare

CaLe said:
Just purchased it off GMG, don't disappoint me Zombie Head Bashing game.

PS: What's the 20% code everyone is talking about ?

how much did u get ur game for?
there's a 20% discount code that makes your game $34USD

EDIT:
20SUM-MERSA-VINGS 20% off any game
EATIN-BRAIN-ZZZZZ 20% off Dead Island
(quoted from Ledsen on some other threads)

Top Bottom